R6 update 2.18 (Y6S4.2) is now available to download on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official R6 2.18 patch notes, the latest update resolves issues related to shutters, UI, crashes, lag, and more. Apart from this, today’s R6 Siege version 2.18 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, a major update added a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing problems with the game. Today’s R6 version 2.18 will fix a few of these issues.
R6 2.18 Patch Notes (Y6S4.2) – January 25, 2022
AN UPDATE ON XBOX AUDIO ISSUES
- Investigations are ongoing for the crashes related to audio issues on Xbox and it’s suspected to be related to sound data corruption.
Today’s patch aims to help limit the number of crashes related to these issues and will allow the team to collect data from active cases to help further investigations.
- A new icon (see below) has been introduced and will appear in-game when a related audio issue is identified on your end.
- If you see this audio icon, rebooting the console at your earliest convenience should help avoid the issue and minimize the chance of crashing.
- Muzzle Brake attachment can be equipped on the MK14.
- Reduced damage to 25 (from 35).
- Reduced Extended Barrel attachment damage modifier to be consistent with other weapons.
ELA & ZOFIA
- Concussion effect of Grzmot Mine and KS79 no longer affects movement speed.
What is fixed in Rainbow 6 Siege Version 2.18 Patch Notes (1.000.022) – January 25, 2022
Addressed an issue where Camera goes out of bounds for an Attacker that’s watching a death replay when the end of round replay begins.
- Addressed an issue where bulletproof cam remains visually present when the deploy animation is interrupted.
- Addressed an issue where fuze’s Cluster charge cannot be deployed on Mira’s Black Mirror.
- Addressed an issue where razorbloom and Grzmot mine can be activated through a soft wall if the wall is shot with a small caliber weapon.
- Addressed an issue where ping doesn’t function when looking at a lower angle with Twitch’s Shock Drone.
- Addressed an issue where Destruction, clipping, and lighting issues on various maps.
- Addressed an issue where LOD issues on various maps.
- Addressed an issue where some devices can be hidden behind the bookshelf in 2F CEO Office on Bank map.
- Addressed an issue where while using a controller, player cannot lean and hold Ying’s Candela at the same time.
- Addressed an issue where animation is missing for the Victory Celebration of Ash’s Black Viper elite.
- Addressed an issue where crash occurs when players shoot a certain locations on some maps.
- Fixed various UI issues.
- Fixed various BattlePass issues.
- Fixed various shop issues.
- Addressed an issue where the game soft locks when changing the mouse sensibility while eliminated.
- Fixed various audio and SFX issues.
- Fixed various localization issues.
- Fixed various customization issues.
- Addressed an issue where players is removed for inactivity on Xbox after disconnecting and reconnecting a controller during a match.
- Addressed an issue where missing text on 3D preview in Packs after previewing items from different categories.
- Addressed an issue where player gets redirected to the home screen after interrupting a Pack opening by pressing ESC.
- Addressed an issue where compass Location and Orientation doesn’t update for a caster when switching from one player in first person to another in third person.
- Fixed various HUD issues.
Download free R6 Siege patch 2.18 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.