PUBG Xbox One update 17 (July 17) is now rolling out for players. According to the official PUBG Xbox One patch notes, the new contains a new weapon, a new vehicle as well as balance changes, performance improvements and more. In addition, there are various bug fixes and other improvements. Recently, a major update was released with optimization and stabilization. The matchmaking logical was also improved, to reduce instances of players being stuck in queues for a very long time. Check out more details below.
PUBG Xbox One Update 17 Patch Notes (July 17)
OC and AS Server Merge
In an effort to improve matchmaking times, the OC and AS servers will merge to become OC/AS. The server will be located in Australia, so players in the OC region shouldn’t notice much of a change in performance.
We’re resetting the Leaderboard with the new patch! After the reset, the new Leaderboard will need to populate new statistics of at least 1,000 players, so it may appear to not have results for a short time.
Weapon & Item Balance
- Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
- Increased overall damage and effective range
- Shotgun chokes and duckbills are now less effective at decreasing spread (so the effective spread for a shotgun with a choke or duckbill will be similar to before)
- Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
- Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
- Reduced pellet spread
- Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
- Adjusted SMGs to be more effective in short range combat
- Increased limb shots modifier
- Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
- Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
- Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
- Increased ADS transition speed
- To make the Vector a little easier to find, we’ve increased its spawn rate at the expense of the spawn rate of the UMP-9 (overall SMG spawn rate remains the same).
- Rebalanced ARs so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
- Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
- Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
- Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
- Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
- Restricted big scopes (8x and 15x) for use with all ARs
- Modified recoil animations for all ARs
- First shot (including first shot after recoil resets) from the M16A4 now has less recoil.
- Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
- PUBG update 17 for Xbox One decreased the damage of the SKS
- Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
- Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
- Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
- Increased world spawn rate of DMRs.
- DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
- Decreased basic damage of the M24 from 88 to 79
- M24 will no longer dropped in care package. It spawns in the world
- Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
- Other guns
- Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
- Restricted big scopes (8x and 15x) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
- Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds
- Weapon sway has been adjusted for all weapons (slightly increased side-to-side movement). And sway is now more pronounced when holding your breath.
- Weapon sway when moving is now also reduced by the cheek pad attachment
- Cheek pads now help you recover from weapon sway more quickly after moving
Other Item Balance
- Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
- PUBG Xbox One update 17 reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
- Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
- Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds
- The tactical stock and cheek pad are now less effective at improving recoil recovery rate. It now improves ADS speed.
Along with all the balance changes, we’re introducing a new weapon, a new vehicle for Miramar, and a ton of new weapon attachments.
Added the SLR
- The SLR spawns alongside normal world loot. It’s a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.)
- The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is the key to using the SLR effectively.
The Mirado is a classic muscle car: a fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets
Think of the Mirado as a compliment to the other unique vehicles on Miramar: The van is extremely sturdy, but slow and ineffective when taken off-road; The pickup is great for off-road travel; And the Mirado is the fastest way to blaze down a highway.
- Duckbill – A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It decreases vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Attachable to S1897, S12K
- Light Grip – It decreases first shot/single shot recoil by about 15%. Animation kick reduction has been changed to 20% (from 30%).
- Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS, Vector)
- Thumb Grip – It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Half Grip – It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Scope 3x – This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
- Scope 6x – This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
Improvements have been made to throwables (frag grenades, stun grenades, and molotovs).
- Weight changes
- Frag grenade: Increased from 12 to 18
- Molotov cocktail: Decreased from 18 to 16
- Smoke grenade: Decreased from 16 to 14
- Stun grenade: Decreased from 14 to 12
- Increased frag grenade damage and effective range
- Frags previously had to be within 2.6m of player models to deal lethal damage. They now deal lethal damage within 3.5m, moderate damage from 3.5m through 8.5m, and low damage from 8.5m through 10m.
- Stun grenades’ blinding effects have been improved
- First, let’s explain some terms. “Direct effect” is defined as stun grenade explosions occurring within a 100˚ angle of the player’s visual field. “Indirect effect” occurs when stun grenades explode outside of that “direct effect” range and players are within 5.5m of the explosion
- The maximum effective range of stun grenade has been increased to 20m
- Depending on distance from the explosion, the direct effect can blind the player for a maximum of 5.5 seconds, and a minimum of one second (when 20m away).
- Depending on distance from the explosion, the indirect effect can blind the player for a maximum of three seconds.
- Characters blinded by a stun grenade now cover their faces. This is a new animation.
- Spectators are now also blinded when spectating someone hit with a stun grenade
- Stun grenades will now briefly blind and deafen the thrower if they explode behind their back when cooked.
- You’ll now be unable to ADS while blinded.
- Molotov cocktails now have new effects and their damage has been increased.
- Molotovs can now deal indirect damage and burn damage (as damage over time), depending on whether or not you’re standing directly in the flames. If you’re in the flames you’ll take both types of damage.
- Indirect damage (taken when standing in the flames) has been increased from 10 to 12.5 damage per second.
- After catching fire, players will take burn damage as damage over time (10 damage per second) for a total of four seconds.
- You’ll now be unable to ADS while taking burn damage.
- Flames now spread further along wooden surfaces in houses
- Flames from Molotovs spread further if another Molotov is thrown on top of the flames.
- A new animation has been added for character models who are suffering burn damage. They’ll attempt to pat out the flames using their hands.
- PUBG Xbox One update 17 (July 17) slightly decreased the movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
- We’ve removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
- Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
- The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received.
Boat and Swimming Adjustments
- Boats now sink when destroyed
- We’ve made some adjustments to the way swimming works to reduce the effectiveness of hiding underwater.
- We’ve decreased the maximum submersible time from 35 to 15 seconds
- Once you’ve run out of air, you’ll now take 10 damage per second (up from four damage per second)
- We’ve increased the delay for breath recovery time from one to four seconds. (In other words, when you lift your head up out of the water, it’ll now take four seconds before you begin to recover your breath)
- The Blue Zone indicator bar located above the minimap has been improved
- On Erangel, all windows with bars have had the glass removed.
- Added 26 graffiti images to buildings in Erangel and Miramar.
- Added advertisement banners for PGI (PUBG Global Invitational) to buildings and billboards on Erangel and Miramar
- The winning player or team will now be given approximately 8 seconds to celebrate their victory before the match ends and results are displayed.
- Spectators can also watch the winning player or team celebrate
- To improve visibility of the Blue Zone in the map, areas under the Blue Zone are now colored blue
UI / UX
- A marker has been added to the map that allows players to check the flight path of the plane.
- The path is visible from when players are at the waiting lobby up until the point when they fall down to their final drop destination.
- Added a UI message showing when healing items can’t be used.
- Improved the in-game minimap
- The mini map now dynamically zooms in or out depending on the character’s movement speed, enhancing your ability to see what’s around you.
- You can now change the reticle style and color on the red-dot, holo-sight, and 2x scope using the scope zeroing keys (hold rb, then move L-stick while ADS: brightness, hold rb then press ↑/↓: reticle shape change, color change)
- PUBG Xbox One update 17 improved the character model rendering process to prevent some small frame drop issues.
- We’ve optimized character movement and animation while skydiving to improve framerate when multiple players are nearby.
- PUBG update 17 (July 17) made some improvements to our network code to reduce network latency.
- Character data calculated radius has been reduced to increase server and client performance.
- Bike animations have been optimized.
- Asset/Building loading in Miramar has been optimized.
- Smoke effects (Smoke grenade, care package, etc.) have been optimized.
- Parachuting animation has been optimized.
- Level streaming has been optimized – rendering during the early stages of the game will be faster.
PUBG Xbox One update 17 (July 17) is now available for download.