PUBG update 1.56 (v9.2) for PS4 is now available for players. According to the official PUBG 1.56 patch notes, the latest update added various bug fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, PUBG version 1.56 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big 9.1 update added a new dynamic map Paramo, Framerate Priority setting with a lifted frame cap for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, new custom match settings, and more.
Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s PUBG version 1.56 will fix a few of these issues.
PUBG 1.56 Patch Notes (9.2)
New Vehicle: Dirt Bike
The new single-seater Dirt Bike is more than just a lite version of the Motorbike. It has its own independent clutch system to rev the engine, improved suspension for offroading, and some other fun features we know it won’t take you long to find, not to mention another fun addition coming in the future. The Dirt Bike spawns on all maps except for Karakin and will replace 50% of the existing bikes out there. We’re looking forward to a whole slew of new stunt videos with this one!
- The Dirt Bike is a new single-seater motorcycle.
- Spawns on all maps, excluding Karakin.
- Available in Normal, Custom Matches and Training Mode.
- Great acceleration with a top speed of 130 km/h.
- The off-road suspension provides superb performance on uneven terrain compared to other vehicles.
- Outstanding manoeuvrability with the ability to disengage the clutch when handbraking to block auto-gearbox and allow hard turns while preserving engine RPM and momentum
- Added ability to alter pitch using Left Stick Up and Down during acceleration/braking.
New Feature: Driver Shooting
It’s been requested for a long time and we’re finally happy to add shooting functionality to vehicle drivers! The new system allows you to fire sidearm weapons while driving and maintaining control over the vehicle (albeit with slightly reduced response while reloading).
This functionality works for most vehicles and there are a couple of limitations which you can read about below. We’re excited to see the new kinds of gameplay that emerge from these additions, and please let us know how it feels!
- Vehicle drivers can now draw, reload and fire sidearms while having full control over vehicle inputs.
- The power of vehicle steering input decreases slightly when the driver is reloading.
- Driver shooting feature is enabled in all vehicles except boats and BRDM.
- Vehicle Aiming Overhaul
- Driver and passenger views are now heavily stabilized while aiming. The camera rotation will not follow the rotation of the vehicle.
- Driver and passenger cameras have been adjusted and moved closer to the character for easier and more accurate aiming.
- In TPP, players camera is now located closer to the character.
- In FPP, players camera is now located further back to match the players viewpoint.
- Aiming angles are restricted according to player visibility and relation to other passengers
- For example, you’re unable to aim fully upwards in a closed-top vehicle or aim behind if there’s a passenger on behind you in a 2 seater motorbike
- The camera will no longer flip sideways when vehicles roll or pitch upside-down.
- Custom Keybinding feature
- When using the Custom Keybinding feature, you’ll be required to bind the driver shooting feature to a desired key from the options.
- Please see below for driver shooting enabled sidearms.
- Flare gun
- Sawed-off can only be equipped by Drivers on Bike-type vehicles.
Weapon Balance Adjustment: Sidearms
With the addition of driver firing, we’ve decided now’s a great time for a balance pass on those weapons. All sidearms across the board have received improvements to damage multipliers, aiming, ADS movement speed, and more.
The goal is to make all secondary weapons more viable throughout the game, not just in vehicles. It’s a pretty extensive list, so check down below for full details!
For detailed changes, please see below.
- All sidearms
- Increased headshot damage multiplier: 2.0 → 2.1
- Increased limb damage multiplier: 1.0 → 1.05
- Decreased aim deviation multiplier (aiming is now more accurate)
- Increased laser pointer deviation multiplier 0.3 → 0.5. This is to counter the above mentioned change, making pistols more accurate in general but not totally dependent on laser pointer.
- Increased prone stance deviation 0.6 → 0.8 (less accurate in prone)
- Increased aimed movement speed multiplier 1.8 → 2.0
- Increased ADS movement speed multiplier 1.6 → 2.0
- Increased min reference velocity for movement deviation (speed at or below which movement deviation is not applied): 160 → 200
- Increased movement ADS stabilization (decreased weapon sway caused by movement):
- Revolvers (R1895, R45): 0.2 → 0.9
- Pistols: 0.2 → 0.8
- Full-auto pistols (P18C, Skorpion): 0.2 → 0.7
- Revolvers (R1895,R45)
- Decreased movement deviation multiplier: 1.7 → 1.4
- Increased min reference velocity for movement deviation (speed at or below which movement deviation is not applied): 160 → 250
- Increased damage: 62 → 64
- Increased ROF: 150 RPM → 300 RPM
- Heavily decreased aim deviation (because it cannot attach laser pointer, so it is more accurate by default): 1.5 → 0.6
- Increased recoil animation speed
- Increased damage: 55 → 65
- Decreased damage: 35 → 34
- Increased ROF: 444 RPM → 600 RPM
- Increased damage: 41 → 42
- Increased ROF: 240 RPM → 300 RPM
- Increased recoil animation speed to better match new ROF.
- Decreased base pattern scale: 1.45 → 1.2
- Decreased choke spread scale (lower spread): 0.85 → 0.8
- Increased damage multiplier at 15m: 0.5 → 0.55
- Can now attach extended QD mag.
Weapon Balance Adjustment: ARs
We are constantly listening to your feedback and discussing community sentiment internally. After careful review, we agree with many of you that the Beryl adjustment with 9.1 update wasn’t effective enough at reducing the strength of the Beryl in relation to other ARs and have made the following follow up adjustments this patch:
- To reduce the difference in reload speed of Beryl with M416, Scar-L, QBZ, G36C following adjustments were made.
- Magazine reload times of M416, Scar-L, QBZ, G36C has been decreased by 10%
- Magazine reload time of Beryl has been increased by 5%
- Horizontal recoil of Beryl has been increased
Lava Damage Calculation Update
- The method for processing damage inflicted near the edges of lava has been improved
- Now lava damage is inflicted more precisely when players come in contact with the lava surface.
- Now Gas Cans will explode when they come in contact with lava.
- Also, spilt gas will catch fire when coming into contact with lava.
Training Mode Warm-up Time
- The Warm-up Time in Training Mode has been decreased to 60 seconds from the previous 90 seconds.
FPP Paramo in EU
We have decided to disable the Seasonal Match Paramo-FPP on EU servers. This decision was made to better ensure that we’re providing healthy matchmaking queues.
Xbox Series S Framerate Cap Increase
- Framerate cap on the Xbox Series S has been increased to 60 FPS at 1920 x 1080 screen resolution.
Battle Bride Pass
The Battle Bride Pass is an entirely new kind of pass focusing on a single character vs a seasonal theme. This pass follows Sadiya, the hero from Karakin’s lore, and lets you unlock some of her iconic skins you saw in our motion comics.
The Battle Bride pass progresses independently from the Survivor Pass and has 15 levels for you to complete by earning XP from playing matches. If you’re looking to pick up some of Sadiya’s unique looks, pick up the Battle Bride Pass!
- Exclusive page
- Battle Bride Pass provides an exclusive layout page.
- Battle Bride Pass only has a premium track which is available after purchase.
- There are no missions for the Battle bride pass.
- However, you will be able to climb through the pass via XPs gained from gameplay.
- Max level to collect all rewards is level 15.
- Level-up coupons cannot be used in the pass.
- However, you will still be able to purchase each level with G-Coin.
- The Battle Bride Pass will be available during the following dates:
- 11/26 6 PM KST after maintenance – 12/24 6 PM KST
- 11/26 10 AM CET after maintenance – 12/24 10 AM CET
- 11/26 1 AM PST after maintenance – 12/24 1 AM PST
- The Battle Bride Pass period runs for 28 days from date of purchase.
UI & UX
New feature: Team Finder
The new Team Finder feature lets you connect with other players before the match begins instead of being randomly matched up in the pre-game zone. You can let friends and other players know that you’re looking for a team and accept invites to their lobbies.
The Team Finder takes your selected game mode and language settings into account, so you know you’ll match up where you want to be. If you’re looking to get some squad games in without the completely random element, try Team Finder today!
- You can now look for a team to play with using the Team Finder function.
- If you’re not in a team, you can toggle team finder to let friends or other players know you are looking for a team.
- You will then be listed on the team finder player list, waiting to be invited by a searching player.
- If you are already in a team or want to create your own team, you can invite players from the team finder list.
- Team Finder will automatically be set based on your selected game mode, perspective and language settings.
- The mic setting is automatically determined after checking whether you have a functioning mic connected.
- Ensure voice input is enabled and not muted.
- PUBG must also be granted with access to your mic.
- Team Finder search and discovery are based on your local region
- Players with same game mode/perspective settings will be shown on the Team Finder list
- When using Team Finder for Ranked Matches, only players in similar tiers will be shown.
Report Popup UI Improvement
We know it’s annoying when encountering players who play against the battle royale rules. Now we have improved the overall UI to make the reporting experience more seamless. The drop-down menu makes it easier for you to choose the right category.
PUBG ID Visibility
- When killing other players, your PUBG ID will be displayed to the victim.
- PUBG ID will be also displayed in Death Cams and while spectating other players.
- The PUBG ID will be also displayed when looking at stats of other players.
- Out game UI components, such as dropdown menus and system messages have been visually improved to provide a more consistent experience.
- Voice Chat ‘ALL’ is disabled in Team Deathmatch
- Team Deathmatch in arcade and custom match will now have voice chat channel to ‘ALL’ disabled due to abuse which was disrupting gameplay.
- CPU performance has been improved by cost optimization of characters outside the player POV.
- Performance improvement by rendering optimization of atmospheric fog.
- Optimized hitching that occurs when the plane is airborne in low specs/console environment
- Optimized the excessive loading time when loading certain types of map in custom match sessions.
Vikendi Quality of Life Update
Vikendi is also getting a few small convenience adjustments this update. We’ve adjusted the circle settings to be a little more inland, removed some small clutter that was hindering vehicle movement, adjusted the number of house sets to make final phases more open, and more.
Fixed tendency for the first circle to lean too much towards the outskirts of the map. The Safe Zone will now commonly appear more inland.
We have removed small objects around farms and fields which were inhibiting vehicle movement.
The number of house sets has been reduced, as the space between house sets has been modified to ensure late game Blue Zones aren’t overly abundant with buildings. We hope this will have more fights in the fields.
Large rocky areas around the center of the map and rocky hills at the East of the cement Factory have been changed to enable access while on foot and in vehicles.
Removed small objects around the river which were not able to be used as a cover and hindered player movement.
Fixed the issue where players were only able to enter Ranked mode in FPP/Squad when restarting the client or refreshing the lobby.
Fixed the issue where partner exclusive items could be equipped and unequipped freely during the game.
Fixed the camera shuttering occurring to a driver in TPP every time when a passenger switches seats.
- Fixed the issue where the default value of weather type was not available in certain custom match warmode presets.
- Fixed the issue where players are forced back to the lobby with an exclamation mark UI displayed when entering dual matchmaking.
- Fixed the issue where ADS’ing with a weapon obstructed by a collision object resulting in severe camera jitter.
Fixed the incorrect collision distance of certain weapons.
Fixed the issue where incorrect vehicle information displayed on the players HUD when embarking a vehicle with destroyed wheels.
Fixed the issue where a character’s motion becomes awkward when crouching and proning while the character is on fire.
Fixed the issue where the soot effect displayed only at the initial point of explosion when multiple sticky bombs explode in a certain way.
- Fixed the awkward rendering of a character when a character holds certain weapons with grip attachments added.
- Fixed the issue of items not being able to be picked up in certain locations.
- Fixed the issue where the Custom Match hosts’ throwable arc tracers were visible.
- Fixed the issue where the player character stays stuck in the lean position after they accidentally press L/R stick while throwing a throwable.
- (Xbox) Fixed an issue where you couldn’t ping items.
- (Xbox) Fixed an issue where certain SFX weren’t playing when you fire the Panzer Faust in Training Mode.
Fixed an issue in the custom keybinding where if you bind an action with the RB and another button and go on a vehicle to perform the action, the same action will be performed again even when you press other buttons.
Fixed the issue where the HUD displays the wrong information of the car after the car’s tires are damaged from Spike traps.
Fixed the issue of the camera stutter when passengers switch seats in a turning vehicle driver’s perspective while in third-person perspective.
- Fixed the issue where the character is headless when inside a vehicle and you reload in FPP.
- Fixed the issue where an awkward motion is displayed when crouching and proning while a character’s body is on fire.
- Missing trees around Ruins, Sanhok are now back.
- Improved the map loading speed on Miramar.
- Fix the issue of items disappearing when switching between a player in a distance and another on a train in spectating mode.
- Fixed an issue where you can see through certain fences in Paramo.
- Fixed an issue where an exploding effect wasn’t displayed when throwing a grenade into the lava in Paramo.
- Fixed the issue of rocks and trees floating in the air in certain parts of Paramo.
- Fixed the issue in certain ponds of Paramo where the player character does not recognize the water.
- Fixed the misaligned UI in the settings menu.
- Fixed the excessive speed of character rotation in the customize menu affected by ‘General Sensitivity’ value.
- Fixed the edges of the reward icon box not highlighted when selected in the pass screen.
- Fixed the typo in one of the pass reward items.
- Fixed the graphics error shown at the bottom of the G-Coin page in certain resolution settings.
- Fixed the issue where players could not replace missions in a row.
Fixed the issue where waypoints could be displayed abnormally on the minimap when spectating players waypoints.
Fixed the incorrect survival mastery level up animation and UI.
Fixed the incorrect system message shown when inviting a kicked player from a custom match session.
Fixed the issue where the Ranked Season 8 reward emblem image was not displayed
Fixed the case of a teammate not displayed at the Team list UI in squad gameplay.
Fixed the case of wrong button guides being displayed when in normal match, spectating mode.
- Fixed the issue of accessing previous seasons’ leaderboards from Season 9, it doesn’t show content.
- Fixed the issue where the “Visit Store” button in Customization → Utility doesn’t function.
- Fixed the issue where the circle icon which indicates the faze under Career → Match History is cut out at the top.
- Fixed the issue where if you have no previous match records, O button is displayed in the bottom left corner in Career → Match History.
- Fixed the issue where some of the key names in the Custom Keybinding menu is only displayed in English.
- Fixed the issue where the border was not displayed when selecting an item from the Season 9 reward list.
- Fixed the issue where the MALEVOLENT MIME GEAR PACK is not in the center of the screen when previewing.
- Fixed the issue where the weapon skin can be seen in the preview even after removing the skin.
Skin & Item
- Fixed the issue where players could equip ‘Eyes’ category items with Merc Team Uniform items.
- Fixed the issue where players could not preview emotes after selecting weapon skin items from the pass reward page.
- Fixed the misaligned weapon skin when previewing Malevolent Mime – DBS item skin.
- Fixed the social widget unintentionally displayed on the LABS page.
- Fixed an issue where you could experience a graphical glitch when wearing certain jackets or multi-slot outfits with the Yule Scarf.
FPP Paramo matches disabled on EU servers to better for healthy matchmaking queues.
Added stability and performance improvements.
Fixed an issue related to UI function.
Other minor bug fixes.
Download free PUBG update 1.56 for PS4 and Xbox One.