PUBG PS4 version 1.43 (update 7.1) is now available for players. According to the official PUBG update 1.43 patch notes, the new update added Survivor Pass: Cold Front, the updated Vikendi, quality of life improvements, and more. Apart from this, PUBG 1.43 also introduced Bots to public matches.
Vikendi comes with the updated terrain, adjusted snow levels, changed cities and landmarks, added a multi-track railway system to help navigate the island, and even converted the quaint Dino Park into Dinoland, the Prehistoric Park of the Future.
Previously, a big update was released which added Cross Party Play, Team Deathmatch, grenade balance, Karakin loot changes, and more. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s PUBG version 1.43 update is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
PUBG Update 1.43 Patch Notes for PS4 (Update 7.1)
Vikendi is back!
Better than ever, with updated landmarks, trains and a slight change in season.
- Trains have been added and can be found moving along multiple tracks across Vikendi
- There is a major train line that extends along the perimeter of Vikendi, with 6 connected tracks towards the inland areas of the island
- Trains stop temporarily at train stations across the map
- A new Cargo Depot has been added
- Reduced snow cover
- Snow cover is reduced more on the Southern areas of the island
- Snowbikes and Snowmobiles have been removed
- Motorcycle and Motorcycle with sidecar will spawn instead, being more versatile vehicles for the updated terrain
- Dino Park has been replaced by the bigger, more spectacular Dinoland
- Abbey has been relocated to Mount Kreznik
- Volnova now has much more cover
- Tovar and Movatra have been removed
- Weather will be either Clear or Snowy.
- Moonlight has been removed for now, but will return with visual improvements at a later date.
- General map optimizations have been made
- You can play the updated Vikendi in custom matches
Matchmaking – Map selection
Vikendi will be playable via the featured map option, with all other maps being in a separate random map queue. We expect to have Vikendi available as a featured map for 1-2 weeks, but will monitor queue times closely and will return to full random matchmaking earlier if queue times begin to suffer.
Survivor Pass: Cold Front
Survivor Pass: Cold Front is your ticket to all the cool new outfits in Season 7. With costumes ranging from Dinoland employee apparel and mascot costumes to other themed looks, there’s something for everyone. Players can also once again unlock community rewards by working together, so be on the lookout for data discs!
- Community Missions
- All players can contribute to the community gauge to unlock videos and receive community skin rewards
- 1 video, 4 skins can be unlocked by accomplishing the community missions
- To complete, Loot event items in public (normal) matches
- As before, the community mission gauge is filled as such:
- Disc piece: 1 point
- Broken disc: 2 points
- Old DVD: 3 points
- On the Community Mission tab, you can see your personal contribution score and will earn XP towards your Survivor Pass
- 2000 XP per 50 points contributed
- Season Missions
- There are three tracks of Season Missions
- Each track will be released monthly in April, May and June.
- Tracks that are locked will show the time left before they are unlocked.
- Progression Mission
- Players can earn large amounts of XP when completing Progression Missions
- Tracks 1 and 2 are available to all players and contain a set of 8 missions each that increase in difficulty
- Track 3 is open for Premium Pass holders and contains a set of 10 missions that increase in difficulty\
- Milestones are completed when a set goal is achieved related to daily, weekly, and challenge missions.
- Example: Complete total number of 50 missions
- Challenge Mission
- These are ‘Survival’ Themed challenge missions
- Challenge Missions are composed of 16 total missions. Every 4 missions completed will grant a Utility belt and Backpack skin as a reward
Log-in Event: Season 7 Launch
To celebrate the launch of Season 7, we have a special log-in event to reward players! All you need to do to claim the rewards is log into PUBG each day during the event.
- Schedule: May 1 0:00am until May 6 11:59pm PDT
- Fri 5/1 0:00 ~ 23:59
- Reward: Venetian Crate 1 unit
- Sat 5/2 0:00 ~ 23:59
- Sun 5/3 0:00 ~ 23:59
- Reward: RAIDER CRATE 1 unit
- Mon 5/4 0:00 ~ 23:59
- Tues 5/5 0:00 ~ 23:59
- Reward: Venetian Crate 1 unit
- Wed 5/6 0:00 ~ 23:59
Survival Title System
The Survival Title System is being shelved this update, in preparation for a new system making its way in-game in a future update alongside our new Competitive Mode.
Fear not, you can still view all your accrued statistics in the Season tab and if you’re eligible for rewards from Season 6 of the Survival Title System, you’ll receive them once this update hits live servers.
- Overview and Leaderboard tabs of the Season menu have been removed
- A new Leaderboard will arrive with the introduction of Competitive Mode in a future update
New Weapon: Mosin-Nagant
We know weapon choice is important to you, but there is also the problem of there eventually being just too much choice, especially when a certain few weapons remain the most popular picks over everything else. We want to keep adding new weapons to the game but at some point finding the exact gun you want would suffer and as the overall list grows, maintaining balance between everything would also become more difficult.
Because of this eventuality, we’ve decided to test out the idea of shared stat weapons. For all intents and purposes, the Mosin-Nagant is a Kar98k. The stats, attachments, ammunition, etc. are all directly copied from the Kar98k, but the Mosin will feature its own look and sound.The Mosin-Nagant Sniper Rifle has been added to Vikendi and Erangel, but not in the same way as we have other weapons.
Increased recoil of the M249
- The M249 was recently changed to be a world spawn weapon. We have made further adjustments to the M249 in order to achieve proper balance.
- M249 recoil is now increased by 50%
Controller Guide Improvement
- Controller guide screen has been improved.
- Players can quickly change to their preferred preset in System menu – Controller guide
- The controller guide UI has been changed to a more intuitive form
Added bots to public matches.
We know that many players enjoy how unforgiving PUBG can be, but we’re also aware that there are many players who drop in and get sent back to lobby before they’re able to deal a single point of damage.
To help these players get familiar with the unique PUBG mechanics and features, we’re introducing bots.
The ratio of bot opponents will decrease as players become more familiar with the game, allowing new players to hone their skills while still allowing experienced players to battle against other veterans of the game.
Bots are still being worked on, and as we move forward we will be continuously updating and balancing them based on your feedback and game data analysis to ensure we’re providing the best PUBG experience possible.
- Ratio of bots in each match is dynamic.
- The ratio of bots in each match will change according to player skill and the matchmaking pool in each region.
- Bots can join all queue types (Solo/Duo/Squad)
- Players will not be placed in a team with bots.
- Bots actions are limited.
- Bots can walk, run, crouch, prone, shoot, vault, swim, parachute, and loot.
- Leaning, jumping, ledge grab, and the use of throwables will be added at a later date.
- Achievements, trophies, missions, and Mastery can still be earned and completed.
- Actions against bots are counted towards missions, Survival & Weapon Mastery, as well as platform achievements and trophies.
- Bot spectate and Death Cam.
- You can spectate a bot only after all players have been eliminated.
- Death Cams from the perspective of bots will be available, but they may look a little odd until we make our planned improvements.
Performance & Stability
- Greatly reduced instances of hitching during gameplay. We will continue to make further optimizations where possible.
- Optimized the drop mesh of weapons and attachments in the world to reduce memory usage
Quality of Life Improvements
- Matchmaking can now be cancelled while browsing other menus
- Slight changes have been made to button placement and visuals
- Keybinding for matchmaking cancellation changed: (HOLD) XBOX B Button / PS X Button→ (HOLD) Xbox X button / PS ㅁ button
- Network Debug UI has been cleaned up to be less intrusive while playing
- Network indicator icons have been removed
- The debug information is now enabled by default and can be disabled in the Gameplay tab of the Settings
- TDM match results will now display players who’ve recently left the match
- Slight visual changes to the Arcade matchmaking UI to be more consistent with public matches
- TDM UI has been improved
- Eliminated decimal points from the scores for better readability
- Panzerfaust and Mosin-Nagant have been added to Training Mode
- Tommygun’s icon has been updated to reflect the recently added rails
Skin & Items
New skins have been added.
Labor Day Limited
- Available April 28 7:00pm until May 26 6:59pm PDT / April 29 2:00am until May 27 1:59am CEST
- Labor Day Relaxation Set (Includes Flying Chicken Neck Pillow & “Baby Bear” Sleep Mask)
- Flying Chicken Neck Pillow
- “Baby Bear” Sleep Mask
- Sleep Mask
2 Dinoland T-shirts Limited
- Available April 27 7:00pm until July 27 6:59pm PDT / April 28 2:00am until July 28 1:59am CEST
- Dinoland “Alex” Shirt
- Dinoland “Benny” Shirt
Tracksuit (Yellow) Limited
- Available April 27 10:00pm until May 9 9:59pm PDT / April 28 7:00am until May 10 8:59am CEST
- Tracksuit Top (Yellow)
- Tracksuit Pants (Yellow)
PUBG X Twitch Broadcaster Royale
- Available May 5 7:00pm until May 26 6:59pm PDT / May 6 2:00am until May 27 1:59am CEST
- Danucd’s Gloves
- Danucd’s Hoodie
- ReleeN’s SLR
PUBG – Cold Front Pack ($14.99)
- Available April 28 until July 21
- Survivor Pass: Cold Front
- 5 Levels
- Dinoland Hat
- Dinoland Apron (Green)
- Pleated Skirt With Leggings (Black)
- Crimson Fade Boots
PUBG -Supply Pack: Season 7 ($9.99)
- Available April 28 until July 28
- 1,600 G-Coin
- Sweet Statement Cap
- Kaleidally Comfy Sweater
- Reindeer Games Leggings
Bug Fixes in PUBG 1.43
- Addressed a bug where players were able to ADS while embarked in BRDM-2 in abnormal posture
- Addressed a bug when reviving in FPP the camera would sometimes be in the incorrect position
- PUBG update 1.43 addressed a bug where healing/boosting prevented the passenger in FPP from turning the screen correctly
- Addressed a bug when lying in a prone in TPP players could ADS to unintended angles without their lower body rotating
- Addressed a bug where players could unintentionally use AR/DMR/SR in the Motorcycle’s rear seat
- PUBG PS4 update 1.43 addressed a bug where characters would lean to the left while driving a Motorcycle after breaking destructable fences
- Addressed a bug where player’s camera would detach from the character after reloading a weapon while ADS in a Motor Glider
- Addressed a bug where player’s view would momentarily be obstructed by any large backpack while ADS in a Motor Glider
- Addressed a bug while holding throwables, in certain situations they could fall to the ground and emit effects for that player, without the grenade actually being used
- PUBG PS4 update 1.43 addressed a bug where flare Gun could float mid-air while looking at the sky and pressing the ‘Inspect’ key
- Addressed a bug when a Molotov was shot mid-air flames wouldn’t propagate on the ground beneath the point of explosion
- Addressed a bug where throwable trajectory line wouldn’t line up with the direction the character was facing while in a vehicle
- Addressed a bug where player’s body could contort while aiming with a melee weapons while in a vehicles passenger seat
- PUBG 1.43 addressed a bug where throwable trajectory line wouldn’t line up with the direction the character was facing while in a vehicle
- Addressed a bug where the rear sight/scope functionality of Tommygun is inconsistent with Skorpion
- Addressed a bug where players could clip through walls/ceilings of buildings by using vaulting and ledge-grab.
- Addressed a bug where weapon appears in the incorrect position when the player is knocked down.
- PUBG 1.43 addressed a bug where water and mud effects are simultaneously displayed when character fires a weapon in mud (puddle)
- Addressed a bug on Karakin where the entrance to a cave is opened and displayed in players’ screen but not allows to enter
- Fixed some cases where players character abnormally earns damage while boarding a train.
- PUBG 1.43 fixed the issue where players character earns damage when colliding with other character in mid-air
- Addressed a bug on Karakin where the visual state of a destructible wall or floor could look different from player to player.
- Addressed a bug where players could vault to an unintended location within the gym at Pecado on Miarmar
- Addressed a bug where bullets could pass through certain walls at very long-range due to a change in LOD
- PUBG 1.43 addressed a bug which caused auto fire mode to change to single after throwing a grenade in Team Deathmatch.
- Addressed a bug where current Season menu in the Career tab wouldn’t display this season’s data
- Addressed a bug where Red Dot & Holo Sight didn’t mention Tommy Gun under “Attachable Weapons”
- Addressed a bug where the magazine mesh that is dropped when reloading sometimes doesn’t show up on the ground
- Addressed a bug where the ban notice text is displayed late when banned accounts attempts to enter lobby
- PUBG PS4 update 1.43 addressed a bug when using a Flare Gun the Special Care Package UI wouldn’t light up green in certain situations
- Addressed a bug where the friend function UI is not displayed in Custom match lobby
- Addressed a bug which could cause multiple map waypoints from the same player to remain visible
- Addressed a bug where DBS stats weren’t being recorded
- Addressed a bug where Win94 kills were being recorded under the DBS
- Addressed a bug where Footsteps would be muffled after exiting a Motor Glider\
- PUBG PS4 update 1.43 addressed a bug where UMP45 gunshots could be heard further away than intended
- Addressed a bug where Bullet ricochet sounds weren’t being played
- Addressed a bug when shooting some rocks with a shotgun, the hit sound is different on objects with the same material
- Addressed a bug where the broken stone sound is not playing when throwing stones in Karakin
Skin & Item
- PUBG 1.43 addressed a bug where Sunswiped Sports Jacket was clipping with other items
- Addressed a bug where part of Tenebres Wrapped skin remains when player’s AKM skin should be applied after obtaining Tenebres Wrapped AKM
- Addressed a bug where Diva Glasses White / Black with the PUBG text on the right is reversed
- Addressed a bug where the highlight effect displays when player wears Inquisitor gas mask
- PUBG 1.43 addressed a bug where the Kar98k skins are visible on the Mosin Nagant
Survvor Pass Mission
- Addressed a bug when Daily/Challenge mission is completed, effect for obtaining the reward shows twice
PUBG update 1.43 for is now available for download.