PUBG 1.23 PS4 update is now rolling out for players. According to the official PUBG 1.23 patch notes, the latest PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds update brings Cross Platform Play between Xbox and PlayStation. Apart from this, PUBG update 1.23 also includes the new progression system based on survival called Survival Mastery, the new shotgun called the DBS, quality of life improvements and more.
Previously, a big Season 4 update was released with Cross Network Play between PS4 and Xbox One. Apart from this, patch also added Erangel visual update, various terrain changes, overcast weather, destructible objects and much more. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players were experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s PUBG 1.23 is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out full details below.
PUBG 1.23 PS4 update patch notes
Cross Platform Play
- Players can now be matched with players from the other console platform with Cross Platform Play.
- Cross party feature which allows players to party up with players from different platform is currently not supported.
- Cross party feature is scheduled to be developed and details will be shared at a later date.
- Cross Platform Play option can be turned on/off in “Settings – Gameplay – General Settings”.
- If a match cannot be found after a certain time with Cross Platform Play option “off”, players will be prompted if they want to switch the Cross Platform Play option “on”.
Platform identification icon
- Players playing on the same platform will show the platform logo in front of their ID when played on Cross Platform Play option “on”.
- Players will be able to identify the platform of other users in loot box, when spectating, on user status message, etc.
- The leaderboard will be shown differently depending on the status of the Cross Platform Play option.
- Cross Platform Play option on: Leaderboard will show both console platform players
- Cross Platform Play option off: Leaderboard will show only the players from the same platform
Survivor Title System Season 4
- Survival Title System Season 4 has arrived with new season rewards!
- Survival Title System Season 4 begins once Console Update 4.3 hits live servers.
- Survival Points (SP) earned from the preseason are transferred.
- UPDATE: Players will receive a 1000 SP bonus in each mode they’ve participated in during the pre-season. The bonus no-longer applies exclusively to those who have achieved 1970 SP due an unexpected technical difficulty.
- SP gains have been increased significantly in Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi to make SP earned more fair across all maps with a similar time played.
New Feature: Survival Mastery
“Develop your not-so-killer instincts.”
We are excited to introduce the Survival Mastery system, where players can develop their less-than-lethal aspects of PUBG gameplay. This companion system to Weapon Mastery, which allows players to progress their skill in gunplay, will also introduce new ways for players to express their personalities on the Battlegrounds with new rewards and PUBG ID.
- Survival Mastery is a new progression system where players increase levels by gaining XP based on the players’ survival patterns.
- The system operates all the time without being affected by seasons. The Level cap for Survival Mastery is 500.
- Players can earn XP in the following situations:
- Using Items during the combat
- Reviving a teammate
Timeline system that shows a recap of all the survival actions performed in a match
- Players can check survival actions they have performed in their previous match in a timeline sequence from Mastery > Last Match Tab.
- The activities below will be shown in the timeline, along with other XP earning activities.
- Landing point
- Location where players perform certain actions
- Damage dealt and received
- Distance a player travels using vehicles
- Surviving Blue Zone phases
Survival style that shows players’ playstyle
- In Mastery > Survival tab, players can check their recent survival playstyle from the analysis of all players’ data.
- Survival style can track your recent playstyle by analyzing data of all the players playing PUBG. It includes the following information:
- Average Engagement Length
- Average Engagement Distance
- Items Looted per Game
- Distance Traveled per Game
- Hot Drop Rate
- Damage Taken per Game
- 3 most prominent of these traits will be displayed.
Players can express themselves through PUBG ID
- PUBG ID
- New reward system players can show their progression and express themselves.
- It includes Survival Mastery Level, Player ID, Emblem, Background, and Pose. Players can see entire information or recap.
- Players can view and change from Mastery > Survival tab.
- Players are able to view other player’s PUBG ID in the following case.
- Teammate from the previous match
- Player you killed and the player who killed you
- For every 10 levels (5, 15, 25…), players are rewarded an emblem.
- Players can express their identity with various emblems on their PUBG ID.
- For every 10 levels (10, 20, 30…), players are rewarded a background.
- Players can express their identity with different backgrounds on their PUBG ID.
- For every 100 levels (100, 200, 300…), players are rewarded a pose.
- Poses are the highest reward in the system and players can change their pose using the Survivor tab and PUBG ID.
- A player’s pose uses their current costume.
- Other skins (vehicles, weapons) are not applied to the pose at this time.
- BP Rewards
- Levels that don’t have a specific reward will grant BP.
New Weapon: DBS
“The DPS on the DBS is OMG!”
- The DBS is a double barrel pump-action bullpup shotgun that can only be initially obtained from Care Packages.
- It has two internal magazine tubes that allow the user to load up to fourteen 12-gauge rounds.
- Thanks to those combined firing mechanics, DBS can produce massive bursts of damage in a short time span.
- Upper rail of the gun allows a Holographic, Red Dot Sight, and 2x to 6x Scopes.
- Maximum effective range to deal damage with the DBS is 100 m.
Survivor Pass: Aftermath
- The current season of both the Survivor Pass and Survivor Title System will end on October 22nd.
- Starting October 8th, two weeks before the end period of Aftermath, there will be an on-screen message and count down on the Survivor Pass banner in the lobby to notify players of the pass’s end.
- Premium Pass and Level-up items can be purchased until the Pass period ends.
“Two in the front, two in the back, and we don’t look back.”
- Improved shotgun consistency
- Hit probability increased, especially in medium shotgun range
- Damage drop-off over distance increased
- Minimum per pellet damage within effective range of each shotgun increased to 4
- Except the Sawed-Off, which is 3
- All shotguns fire 9 pellets total per round
- Adjusted shotgun balance
- All shotgun pellets now use more realistic ballistic curves (speed decrease over time).
- All shotguns had their recoil effects updated.
- Damage multiplier changes
- Headshot: From 1.5 to 1.2
- Torso: From 1.0 to 0.9
- Maximum effective range set to 80 m
- Increased reload speed by 20%
- Maximum effective range set to 80 m
- Pump action speed increased by 20%.
- Pump action will no longer temporarily un-ADS the player
- Maximum effective range set to 80 m
- Maximum increased probability range set to 50 m
- Increased number of pellets fired to 9
- Decreased damage per pellet from 22 to 20
- Duckbill attachment: Pellet spread multiplier increased from 0.8 to 1.0
- Updated weapon impact effects
- Both decals and particle effects are now more directional allowing players to better understand the direction shots are coming from
- Size and characteristics of the effect depend on both the surface being hit and the class of the weapon being fired
- QoL improvement for healing items while walking
- Healing items can now be activated while moving and your player will be reduced to walking speed and continue using the item while you move at walking pace
- Previously, you could move at walking pace while healing, although had to come to a complete stop to start the action
- Canted Sight reticle type can now be adjusted, along with brightness, similar to the Red Dot
- The featured map has been changed from Erangel to Sanhok.
- The game mode select UI has changed.
Custom Match (XBOX Only)
- Added Erangel Visual Update option to custom matches
- Erangel Visual Update will be called “Erangel” and the previous version will be called “Erangel Classic”.
- All game modes will be playable on both Erangel variants.
Vehicle auto-acceleration key binding change
- Vehicle auto-acceleration key binding will change from (Double Tap) RT(Xbox)/R2(PS4) to (Hold) RT(Xbox)/R2(PS4) + (Tap) R-Stick(Xbox)/R3(PS4) due to the community request.
Lobby Navigation improvement
- Main lobby screen will change similar to PC.
- Tap LB,RB(Xbox)/L3/R3(PS4) to move around the menu tab, LT/RT(Xbox) / L2/R2(PS4)to move around the lower tab.
- UI of CUSTOMIZE menu has been changed to be more console-friendly.
- ‘STORE – MY ITEMS’ has been merged into ‘UTILITY’.
- Added NEWS & EVENT banner, where players can find news about PUBG while in the lobby.
- SETTINGS, CONTROLLER GUIDE and RESTART LOBBY have been merged under System Menu.
- Health bars will not show in the in-game lobby on FPP modes.
New items/skins can be purchased
- WAKGOOD’S CRATE – Set containing 2 weapon skins
- Pirate KIM’s Crate – Set containing 2 weapon skins
- Halloween Items
- Authentic Eastern Items
Items in the list will not be available for purchase after the update
Glory – AKM
Glory – UMP45
Zest Set (Female)
Zest Set (Male)
Desert Digital – P92
Desert Digital – Win94
Desert Digital – P18C
Desert Digital – Sawed-Off
Desert Digital – Micro UZI
Combat Pants (Coral)
Retro Polo Shirt
Hi-top Canvas Sneakers (Pink)
Checkered Shirt (Coral)
Combat Gloves (Khaki)
Mesh Polo Shirt
School Shoes (Beige)
Gold Plate – S12K
Gold Plate – SKS
Desert Digital – M416
Desert Digital – Kar98k
Desert Digital – Mini14
Gold Plate – Sawed-Off
Gold Plate – Win94
Rugged (Orange) – SCAR-L
Rugged (Orange) – M416
Rugged (Orange) – AKM
Rugged (Orange) – Kar98k
Desert Digital – R45
Rugged (Orange) – UMP945
Rabbit Season Set
Rabbit Season Hoodie
Rabbit Season Leggings
Rabbit Season Hi-Top Sneakers
- PUBG 1.23 PS4 made visual improvements to shadows and enhanced rendering performance.
- Fixed an issue where the monitor would flicker or become blurry in certain situations.
- PUBG PS4 1.23 deployed tentative change on the test server mitigating an issue which causes loot to appear late, mainly after landing from your parachute.
- Dev Note: As this change increases server load, we will closely monitor any potential negative impact this may have to the player experience. We intend to apply this change to live servers with this update if player feedback is positive and the overall server performance impact is negligible. Any changes to this plan will be communicated through the patch notes. Please try the changes on the test servers for yourself and kindly share your feedback.
- Footstep sounds volume and attenuation have been re-balanced.
- Footstep sounds will be more drastically reduced when players move to the outer limit of footstep audible range.
- Sound has been changed appropriately when getting into shallow water like puddles.
- PUBG PS4 1.23 added a new song to the jukebox.
- New song will replace the existing song.
- Different sound effects are played when landing from falling, dependent to the surface material type.
- Reduced the volume of straw mats being destroyed.
- Made improvements to the ledge-grab sound effects.
- PUBG 1.23 PS4 update reduced the volume of the Red Zone.
- For more information on the sound improvement plans.
- (Xbox Only) Ukrainian language support
- Ukrainian language will not be supported after the update.
- Players with Ukrainian language setting will default to English.
- The Quick Join option has been removed from the map selection queues in order to improve matchmaking times. Available queues are now Featured Map and Random Map.
- An issue where Survival Title Season 4 (PreSeason) leaderboard is not shown during Season 4.
- PUBG update 1.23 fixed an issue where the player is sent back to the lobby after “lost connection to host” message would appear when loading into the game.
- Fixed an issue where character footsteps cannot be heard when walking backwards against corners of objects.
- Fixed an issue where the Flare Gun firing animation is obscured when in the prone position.
- Fixed an issue where grenade damage in rare situations could be received through objects.
- PUBG version 1.23 fixed an issue where an incorrect kill distance was shown when a disconnected player is killed.
- Fixed an issue where the healing items would be cancelled when pressing Sprint without moving
- Fixed an issue where UAZ wheels wouldn’t get destroyed after being punched multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where skull icons are incorrectly displayed on the minimap in Simplified Chinese language version.
- Fixed an issue which caused an excessively bright light effect in the side mirror of motorcycles.
- Fixed an issue where parachutes were not displayed in training mode with a fully equipped bag.
- Fixed an issue where players are forcibly removed from training mode when vaulting over a certain wall.
- Fixed an issue where a certain action would cause BP and Blue coupons to roll back after they’ve been exchanged.
- Fixed an issue where intermittently players would join the match alone on FPP mode – NA.
- PUBG PS4 version 1.23 fixed an issue where it was hard to read the “estimated time” while matchmaking.
- Fixed the preview screen UI of challenge mission weapon skin.
- Fixed an issue where the plane icon size on the map does not change even if the map has been enlarged.
- Fixed an issue where items within player crates are not correctly organized.
- PUBG 1.23 fixed an issue where “Punk Destruction Set – Jacket” looks different when worn compared to its product image.
- Fixed an issue where a moving line appears at the bottom of the screen when opening inventory after using a smoke grenade.
- Fixed an issue where quick markers does not work after turning radio message option “off”.
- PUBG PS4 1.23 fixed an issue where characters could move faster on stairs after performing certain actions.
- Fixed an issue where other player’s PUBG ID was intermittently shown cut off.
- Fixed an issue where the audible sound of footsteps were heard incorrectly in certain situations.
- PUBG 1.23 fixed framerate drop issues.
- Addressed crashing/freezing issues.
- Added stability and performance improvements.
- Other minor under the hood changes added with PUBG version 1.23.
Pubg update 1.23 for PS4 is now available for download.