PlanetSide 2 PS4 update 2.33 is now available to download. According to the official PlanetSide 2 2.33 patch notes, the latest update added new features, fixes, and more. Apart from this, PlanetSide 2 patch version 2.33 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with the latest version of the game engine to console and other fixes. Unfortunately, since the release, some players are experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game.
Today’s PlanetSide 2 version 2.33 will fix these issues. Check out more details below.
Planetside 2 Update 2.33 Patch Notes – August 25, 2021
The robotic fourth-faction re-emerges with advanced technology including two new vehicles, a complete revamped arsenal of weapons, and most importantly, the NSO faction has become FREE TO ALL PLAYERS.
Visiting Sanctuary with a BR20+ character will provide you with a mission to learn more about the Nanite Systems Operatives faction. Completing that mission will flag your account with access to the NSO faction, and you’ll be able to create NSO characters from there on out.
Pre-existing accounts can log in with any BR20+ characters, or an NSO character of any Battle Rank, and still receive this mission.
An NSO character without membership enters the “Freelance” status. A Freelancer will be assigned to the lowest populated faction on the continent to help them turn the tides of battle. Changing continents will reassign you as needed.
Freelancers are unable to create or join Outfits, and will need to select a “Home Faction” to do so.
Choosing a Home Faction
Players with All Access Memberships will be able to select a Home Faction by talking to a new NPC, Emerson, on Sanctuary. Aligning yourself with the Vanu Sovereignty, New Conglomerate, or Terran Republic, will allow you to create, join, and manage an Outfit within that empire.
You can also enter into a Freelance state on Sanctuary at any time, even while in an Outfit, and you won’t be kicked. While fighting for an opposing faction, however, you won’t have access to War Assets, Outfit communication, or representation. You can disable this state on Sanctuary as well.
Additionally, if you ever want to shift faction allegiances, you can leave your current Outfit, assign yourself to a new Home Faction, and join an Outfit there instead.
Existing NSO Outfits
With this update we begin winding down support for “factionless” NSO Outfits. This summer we’ll be providing a window for those Outfits to move to a Home Faction of their choice, and keep their members intact. This change requires additional tech to be created, and the timeline for that is still TBD. During this timeframe NSO Outfits will be unable to use War Assets, cannot recruit new members, and will adhere to other Freelance rules. Outfits can always be disbanded and reformed within a Home Faction to bypass the wait.
NSO has become more defined as a faction with the introduction of new vehicles, weapons, and equipment.
Dervish Heavy Fighter
The Dervish is a two-seat vehicle that sacrifices agility for durability. The pilot operates nose-mounted forward guns, while the second seat is devoted to a top-gunner with a swiveling turret. This vehicle operates primarily as an air superiority fighter, and has limited ground support capabilities.
- DV-22 Raycaster – All-rounder machine gun that fires photonically propelled tungsten slugs.
- DV-21 Lotus – A high rate of fire gatling gun that shreds light aircraft at close range.
- DV-XE – A charge-based six-round particle projection barrage that can dispatch heavy aircraft.
- DV-22T Lightweaver – A machine-gun top turret that functions similarly to the Raycaster, and can deal with any threat.
- DV-LAT Pixie – An anti-aircraft lock-on turret that launches a stream of homing missiles at tracked targets.
- DV-XAT – A heavy charge-up cannon that fires a concentrated photon blast for high damage.
Chimera Main Battle Tank
Filling the MBT lineup is the Chimera, a six-seat vehicle crewed by the pilot/cannoneer, a forward turret gunner, and with space for up to four rumble seat passengers. The independent six-wheel suspension and swiveling forward portion allow for enhanced off-road performance and maneuvering.
- CT-135 – A balanced main cannon suited to both anti-infantry and anti-vehicle roles alike.
- CT-150 Cyclops – A high-velocity anti-vehicle cannon capable of long-range combat.
- CT-102 Satyr – A mid-range cannon capable of firing five rounds before reloading.
- CT2-20 HCG – A versatile heavy chaingun turret with effectiveness in all combat situations.
- CT2-8M Siren – Fires smart micro-missiles with anti-aircraft proximity tracking.
- CT2-XP – A charge-up photon weapon that can demolish heavily armored vehicles.
The NSO faction has received an entirely new batch of infantry weapons, including new defaults. The NSX weapons defaulted to the faction prior are still unlockable as options.
- CB-100 – The standard-issue carbine with balanced reloads and rate of fire.
- CB-X75 – A CQC carbine with better hipfire and faster aim down sights movement speed.
- CB-200 – Slow rate of fire, hard hitting carbine with good accuracy.
- AR-100 – The standard-issue assault rifle with balanced accuracy, rate of fire, and reload speed.
- AR-101 – A harder hitting assault rifle with above average reach and accuracy.
- AR-N203 – A 3-round auto-burst assault rifle that delivers high damage beyond the range of other assault rifles.
- XMG-100 – Standard issue, high rate of fire, and moderate-high capacity.
- XMG-155 – Increased per-bullet stopping power and magazine size.
- XMG-200 – High damage output in exchange for a less robust magazine size.
- PMG-100 – High rate of fire and magazine size at cost to per-bullet damage.
- PMG-200 – High overall damage output with a low magazine capacity.
- PMG-3XB – A hard-hitting 3-round auto-burst weapon with better mid-range accuracy than other SMGs.
- SG-100 – Standard-issue shotgun with large magazine size and excellent pellet spread.
- SG-A25 – An automatic shotgun meant for better CQC damage output at cost to accuracy.
- HSG-400 – A “heavy” shotgun that mimics the damage of a pump action, despite being magazine fed.
- BAR-100 – Versatile semi-auto scout rifle with a moderate rate of fire.
- BAR-A75 – An automatic scout rifle with heavy damage output at mid-range.
- BAR-200 – Heavy per-bullet damage with a slow rate of fire.
- SR-100 – The standard-issue semi-auto sniper rifle, adaptable and with easy follow-up shot potential.
- SR-L75 – A lightweight version of the SR-100, with access to lower range optics and 0.75x ADS movement.
- SR-150 – A heavier semi-auto sniper rifle with damage output that nears bolt-action potential.
NSO has also received new Directive Weapons available in all-new weapon directive trees, as well as rocket launcher offerings.
Previous NSX-A weaponry will remain as legacy items for pre-existing NSO characters that were able to unlock them, and new non-auraxium NSX versions of these weapons have made their way to the Black Market.
The Javelin has received a variety of changes that gives it a more grounded control scheme and adds 4 new weapons to it.
- JVN-30 Salamander – The baseline machinegun weapon that comes standard with all Javelins.
- JVN-MM N.E.S.T. – Previously an ability option for the vehicle, the N.E.S.T. smart-missile launcher has been converted into a normal anti-armor weapon.
- JVN-X3 Hydra – A split-shot anti-infantry weapon that fires a fan of pellets.
- JVN-50 Celeste – Charge-up, high-damage anti-armor photon projection weapon.
- This vehicle has received a new Directive line.
- Rumble Seat passengers now face forward by default, and can swivel 360 degrees.
The NSO MAX unit, the Defector, has received a visual update, and has received two new weapons.
- D7 Hummingbird – A modified grenade printer that fires lock-on drones capable of anti-aircraft duty.
- D11 Detonator – A long-range anti-armor artillery shell that increases in damage potential the further it travels.
- The Defector can now equip implants available to MAX units.
- Time Bomb now removes weapon heat when active, and has been given an additional upgrade rank.
- Now has access to the Emergency Repair ability.
NSOdds and Ends
- NSO characters can now equip masculine or feminine voice packs.
- All NSO voices have been redone with faction-specific audio filters to help identify which faction an NSO character belongs to.
- NSO characters will now hear unique audio for a variety of stingers and music tracks.
- The Outfit UI screen has been revised to show “Freelance” characters in the Outfit member list.
- The Outfit Browser now shows NSO characters in the image splash.
- Help tooltips have been updated in various Outfit screens to convey NSO-related information.
- Various cosmetic options are available for the Chimera, Dervish, and Javelin.
- Fixed a large degree of NSO-related bugs, listed toward the end of these patch notes.
As mentioned above, all previous NSO weapon directive rewards now have non-Auraxium versions available in the Black Market, and are available to all factions. This includes the following:
- NSX Kappa – An SMG that fires three, high-damage pellets per shot.
- NSX Sesshin – A long-range automatic scout rifle with high damage potential.
- NSX Yawara – An automatic pistol with moderate stopping power.
- NSX Kuwa – An automatic hybrid rifle with a short windup and high damage.
- NSX Muramasa – A rocket launcher that fires a barrage of unguided rockets while aiming or from the hip.
NS Viscount G6– New Black Market Shotgun
- A suppressed variant of the NS Baron G5 is now available in the Black Market for all factions.
- Non-Members can now accept up to 5 missions per day.
- Members can now accept up to 9 missions per day.
- Rarities have also been restructured, and you will no longer see the same mission of varying rarities.
- Uncommon and Rare missions may now only be accepted by members, while common missions may be accepted by members and non-members.
- Member missions are now noted with a special icon on the Mission list.
Missions now have consistent rewards based on contractors.
- Black Market will always provide A7.
- Nanite Systems will always provide ISO-4.
- Faction missions will always provide Certs.
NSX Weapon Eval
- The A7 reward will no longer stop appearing if you possess more than the A7 currency soft-cap.
- Four new vehicle-based mission options with multiple rarities and difficulties associated with them, and one of these will appear in the mission pool each day.
- This continent has been temporarily disabled while we pursue fixes for the Campaign’s Chapter 03 content.
NSO Infantry Changes
- NSO characters have access to Nanite Auto-Repair as an optional suit slot certification.
Battle Rifles and Scout Rifles
- Both Battle Rifles and Scout Rifles have been combined under the “Scout Rifles” category.
Dev Note: This change increases weapon diversity for all non-Light Assault classes, and open up some new playstyle options.
Aircraft Synergy (Engineer Passive)
- Rank 1 now includes ESF Interceptor variants, and Heavy Fighters.
- Rank 2 now includes the Valkyrie.
SABR-13 (Terran Republic Assault Rifle)
- Minimum damage from 125 to 143.
Betelgeuse 54-A (Vanu Sovereignty LMG)
- Must now be reloaded when overheated.
- Heat bleedoff rate from 240per sec. to 200per sec. (1000 maximum heat.)
- Loadout UI now properly states 50 round magazine (not the 65 it’s never been.)
NSX Tengu (Common Pool SMG)
- Refire rate from 120ms to 117ms.
NSX-A Kappa (NSO/Common Pool SMG)
- Refire rate while aiming from 75ms to 80ms, now matching its hipfire refire rate.
NSX Daimyo (Common Pool Sniper Rifle)
- Refire rate from 333ms to 667ms.
- First shot recoil multiplier from 1 to 2.66.
- Now increases weapon equip and unequip times by either 15% or 20% depending on size increase.
- Many DBC costs were reduced during this pass to bring them in line with newer attachment pricing.
- NSX Yumi’s minimum damage from 125 to 143.
NSX Masamune and NSX Muramasa
- Ammo capacity from 36 to 44.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Symbiote from gnawing at health pools after redeploying.
This implant has been reworked to move away from the experience counting trigger, and instead does the following:
- Now allows you to self-revive once after being revived 3 times in a row by allies.
- Using an equipment terminal, redeploying, or entering a vehicle will restart your counter.
This implant has been reworked to give it a more worthwhile niche and more usability. Instead of the reduced bullet flinch and penalty to movement speed, the penalty has been removed, and it acts as mentioned below:
- Rank 01: 60% explosive camera shake reduction / Not affected by knockbacks caused by enemies or allies
- Rank 02: 65% explosive camera shake reduction / Not affected by knockbacks caused by enemies or allies
- Rank 03: 75% explosive camera shake reduction / Not affected by knockbacks caused by enemies or allies
- Rank 04: 95% explosive camera shake reduction / Not affected by knockbacks caused by enemies or allies
- Rank 05: 95% explosive camera shake reduction / Not affected by knockbacks caused by enemies or allies / Taking fall damage will cause a shockwave that knocks back nearby enemies (this portion is unchanged.)
Rumble Seat Repairs
- Repairing from the rumble seat has been removed for all vehicles.
New in The Depot
NS Scorpion – 1000 Certs / 799 DBC
The NS Scorpion rocket launcher fires a distance-detonated airburst that rains explosive bomblets upon enemy infantry and vehicles below. This weapon will require the user to learn the feel and timing of each shot, and has a high skill cap to get the most use out of it.
Hazmat Bundle – 2499 DBC
Hazmat Bundle contains the following:
- Researcher Title
- Containment I Banner
- Corroded Olive Drab Camo (Common Pool)
- Deteriorated Purple Camo (VS only)
- Deteriorated Blue Camo (NC only)
- Deteriorated Red Camo (TR only)
- “All Clear” Vehicle Horns (All vehicles, all factions)
Post-Collapse Bundle – 2499 DBC
Post-Collapse Bundle contains the following:
- Scavenger Title
- Containment II Banner
- Rusted Metal Camo (Common Pool)
- Timeworn Teal Camo (VS only)
- Timeworn Yellow Camo (NC only)
- Timeworn Orange Camo (TR only)
- “Warning” Vehicle Horns (All vehicles, all factions)
Cold-Weather Drop Pod – 399 DBC
A modified Drop Pod shell with an in-built heater for cold-weather deployments.
- Binarycoder’s Holomat infantry helmet can now be found in the Depot for NSO characters.
- Fuzzbuket’s Rift Knight infantry armors and helmet can now also be found in a discounted bundle in the Depot for VS characters.
- Walrus’ Sergeant Lumifiber for the Lightning can now be found in the Depot for all factions.
- Fuzzbuket’s Aegis Plating is now available for the Dervish.
- Fuzzbuket’s “Security Force” armors now exist outside of a bundle, and can be purchased individually.
Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- A.N.V.I.L.s hologram markers can now be driven through by vehicles, and shot through by infantry and vehicles. The main reason for this change was to prevent exploitation of A.N.V.I.L. holograms killing vehicles when spawned.
- Adjusted continent queue code to account for NSO teams properly.
- NSO characters no longer spawn under the Warpgate floor.
- NSO characters now communicate with the correct teams in proximity voice.
- Engineer’s repair beam now points to a Defector’s chest.
- NSO’s router now colors based on faction.
- Fixed issues with numerous faction-specific jump pads not accounting for NSO teams.
- Merit will no longer be cleared when leaving an Outfit.
- Fixed a memory allocation issue associated with audio events.
- You should no longer see random weapon attachments listed in the marketplace while using the search function.
- Added very small cooldown between grief audio indications to prevent stacking when multiple projectiles hit at the same time.
- NC and NSO Hardlight Barriers can no longer be stacked on top of one another.
- Fixed a particle issue with the Medical Applicator’s point to point visuals.
- Boosts can no longer be purchased with Merit.
- NS-11 “Endeavor” Carbine’s 2x optics now correctly uses a 2x zoom range.
- Added missing Vanguard “Warning” horn.
- Vehicle dismount locations are now prioritized based on which seat the player occupied before ejecting.
- Biolabs now use teleporters from satellite bases, instead of spawn rooms within the Biolab.
- Fixed an issue with maximum voice channels being set improperly and the setting description being incorrect.
- You no longer auto-join squads in Sanctuary, and auto-join has been disabled by default for new installations.
- NSX Weapon Eval mission can no longer be completed by shooting NPCs.
- Nanite boosts no longer give extra cert rewards.
- Added gunner kill experience for passengers on the Flash and Javelin.
- Fixed missing collision in the Sunderer Tower asset.
- Flash Basilisk Ammo Capacity upgrade no longer uses incorrect descriptions.
- Updated various gate shield visuals.
- “God rays” have returned with this update. Having the “shadows” and “fog shadows” settings toggled on in the Graphical Settings menu will enable them.
- Heavy Assault shield visuals have been adjusted in first person to make them more visible.
- Fixed incorrect lighting colors on the infantry terminal.
- Bullet hole decals on Esamir rocks now match the color of the rock.
- Tapping the crouch key for just a moment no longer instantly places you into a crouch on remote clients, you instead now smoothly transition. (This part is a bug fix.)
- The time to enter a crouch on remote clients has been lengthened and smoothed out. This change should make “crouch spam” as a technique less effective.
- Replaced the “S-AMS” reference with “Sunderer” when you’re notified that your last Sunderer spawn is under attack.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Prowler from being pulled from a Heavy A.N.V.I.L.
- Thumper now deals 50% less indirect friendly fire damage.
- It’s now more obvious on the HUD when an ability is active.
- Increased opacity of lattice links between regions contested by two opposing factions.
- The default settings for maximum audio channels has been increased to 96.
- Citadel Shield now has two-way projectile collision, and the visuals have been adjusted slightly for better visibility.
- Fix for Flash and Concussion Grenades disappearing after they’re thrown.
- Changed the color of Concussion Grenades from orange to light grey.
- The Halberd SE should no longer create a “grinding” sound while rotating.
- Fixed a minimap issue that could display capture points as locked despite being capturable.
- Wheels no longer view forcefields as driveable surfaces. This fixed an issue with the Citadel Shield.
- Fixed a display issue for the T1 Cycler’s tier 2 weapon directive that wouldn’t show correct progress.
- Liberator Harrier Cockpit and Plating no longer become visible only within extremely close range.
- Fixed the Vandal’s short reload animations.
- Being healed by a medical applicator no longer obscures vision while aiming.
- New display screens have been added in the Sanctuary stairwells.
- Nameplates of important NPCs now appear in Sanctuary.
- Earning player titles now shows a reward notification on the HUD.
- Updated Hardlight Barrier icon in the Engineer Passive cert screen.
- Updated NSO’s F.U.S.E. icon in the Engineer/Infiltrator Passive cert screens.
- Using a quick-melee attack while Decloak on Fire is checked will now decloak you.
- Prevented various missions from being completable by killing mundane NPCs.
Download and play free PlanetSide 2 patch 2.33 for PlayStation 4.