- Upon a successful capture, bases award their full resource value to any participating outfits above a contribution threshold of 1000 score.
- Outfits who own a base continue to gain resource ticks over time once every 5 minutes, (no changes from Live.)
- Sanctuary no longer offers resource trading.
- Expeditions have been retooled to provide larger resource drops with a consistent conversion.
- Assets can no longer be Overclocked at all. This is an experiment to see if the slowed pacing, coupled with the resource changes below, result in more diverse war asset usage.
War Assets now have resource type associations drawn more exclusively with their desirability.
- Light ANVIL
- 5 Auraxium for 3 ANVILs
- Medium ANVIL
- 25 Auraxium
- Heavy ANVIL
- 50 Auraxium
- Facility Modules
- 10 Auraxium for 5 modules
- Duration from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Weight from 5 to 0.
- Citadel Shield
- 25 Synthium
- Steel Rain
- 15 Synthium
- Weight from 50 to 25
- Crafting time from 30 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Orbital Strike
- 75 Synthium
- Bastion Fleet Carrier
- Time to craft per asset increased to 12 hours per piece.
- 25 Polystellarite
- 20 Polystellarite
- 15 Polystellarite
- 10 Polystellarite
- Colossus Tank
- 15 Polystellarite
- Synthium Short
- Cost from 100 Auraxium to 50 Auraxium
- Yield from 25-35 to 35 Synthium
- Synthium Medium
- Cost from 150 Auraxium to 100 Auraxium
- Yield from 50-70 to 75 Synthium
- Synthium Long
- Cost from 200 Auraxium to 150 Auraxium
- Yield from 75-105 to 150 Synthium
- Polystellarite Short
- Cost from 50 Synthium to 25 Synthium
- Yield from 5-7 to 7
- Polystellarite Medium
- Cost from 75 Synthium to 50 Synthium
- Yield from 10-14 to 15
- Polystellarite Long
- Cost from 100 Synthium to 75 Synthium
- Yield from 15-21 to 30
- Deployment Shield damage has been reduced by 50% across the board.
- The “War Horn” is now available for the Colossus in the Depot.
Dev Note: We’re increasing the survivability of the Colossus’ deployment shield significantly, though there will likely need to be additional tuning on a per-type basis following this change.
- Maximum health from 5000 to 4500.
- Aircraft nosegun resistance (type 8) from 85 to 83.
- A2A lockon resistance (type 45) from -100 to -75.
Dev Note: These changes allow ESF to more effectively engage Liberator crews, and the health reduction provides and all-around reduction in the staying power a Liberator can have over certain fights. A2A lock-on resistance changes are applied so that the shots to kill versus Tomcats does not see a shots-to-kill change from Live.
- Harasser nanite cost from 150 to 300
- Lightning nanite cost from 350 to 300
Dev Note: Overdue housekeeping change as Harasser/Lightning have been balanced along similar lines in recent years, and should result in slightly fewer Harassers on the field at any given time.
Aspis Anti-Air Phalanx Turret
- Projectile lifespan from 1.2 seconds to 2 seconds.
Dev Note: This returns some of the range that was lost in a previous update, increasing the maximum projectile distance from 450 meters to 750 meters.
- Wyrm minimum damage from 250 to 275.
Dev Note: These changes result in a slight boost to the effectiveness of this weapon at extreme distances.
Havoc Missiles (ESF)
- New “Havoc Missiles” are now available from the Black Market weapon vendor in Sanctuary as an ESF secondary slot weapon.
- These A2A lockons will fire a barrage of four missiles that, on impact, will prevent the target vehicle from being repaired for a short time.
Galaxy and Bastion
- A2A lockon resistance (type 45) from -125 to -100.
Dev Note: For the Galaxy, this is a small change in the realm of being able to survive one extra Tomcat lockon missile, but with a typical repair convoy, this small change should pay dividends for overall survivability. For the Bastion, the goal is to to reduce some of the extreme value lockons currently have against the weakpoints, though these changes don’t dethrone the weapon by any means.
- Burster indirect (flak explosion) damage from 25 to 28.
Dev Note: Burster MAX should feel slightly less impotent now when dealing with aircraft.
Player Studio items
- Old War Heavy Assault armor and helmet (Terran Republic,) by Doku
- Armadillo Sunderer exterior, bumper, and tires (All Factions,) by Steveo
- Challenger Vanguard exterior plating (New Conglomerate,) by Lobstrex
- Response Infiltrator armor (NSO,) by binarycoder
- Ravenshroud helmet (Terran Republic,) by CountPoly
Meltdown rewards now grant…
- 300 ISO-4 for a win.
- 150 ISO-4 for a loss.
- 150 Certs for a win.
- 75 Certs for a loss.
- XP for a win remains 25,000.
- XP for a loss remains 10,000.
- Full Empire Strength is now achieved at 44% through raw territory control, (down from 52%,) or 40% territory control if you also own the central base.
- This should allow Meltdown alerts on all continents to trigger a bit more easily.
Nanite of the Living Dead VII: The Seeds Must Flow
From Oct. 26 – Nov. 15 a special Halloween event will be taking place in PlanetSide 2.
Space Pumpkins and the elusive Galact-O-Lanterns are spawning throughout Auraxis. Smashing these pumpkins grant experience and a handful of Infernal Grenades (detailed further down.)
Sanctuary has been redecorated for the holiday season, and the vendors of Sanctuary are donning attire befitting the season.
Infernal Grenades are timed explosives that, upon detonation, ignite infantry and MAX units caught within the blast. Killing Space Pumpkins and winning Alerts will provide you with additional Infernal Grenades.
Kills with any of the following Halloween weapons will award Hallow Ribbons, providing bonus experience.
- Auraxium Slasher
- LB00 Python
- NS Candy Cannon 3000
- Infernal Grenades
Halloween Directive VII
A new Halloween Directive complete with new rewards has been added.
Unlock event masks and facepaints by speaking to the following NPCs on Sanctuary.
- Speak to FL-34 in the Data Exchange on Sanctuary
- Speak to Foster in the Sanctuary Observation Deck
- Speak to Nalla in the Expedition shop on Sanctuary
- Find and speak to a sketchy looking guard on Sanctuary
- Slashing Pumpkins – Destroy Space Pumpkins, Galact-O-Lanterns kills are worth 10 kills toward this directive.
- Masked Murder – Kill enemies while wearing a Halloween Mask.
- Silver for Monsters – Use melee weapons to kill enemies who are wearing Halloween Masks or Facepaint.
- Necromancer – Revive allies.
- Witchy Ways – Earn heal/resupply/repair experience.
- Hallowed Ground – Earn kills while near a Mining Drill, Bastion Fleet Carrier, or in The Shattered Warpgate area.
- Tier 1 – Ichabod Crown, Infernal Grenade
- Tier 2 – Ectoblaster, 100 Certs
- Tier 3 – 450 A7, 100 ISO-4
- Tier 4 – Title: Creepy, Halloween VII Banner, 500 ISO-4
Holiday Cosmetics and Weapons
Find special themed cosmetics in The Depot for a limited time.
- Flamerider Tire Trails (Flash/Harasser) – Sport burning trails of fire on the wheels of your vehicle.
- Green Wisp Tire Trails (Flash/Harasser/ANT/Sunderer) – Green floating spirits follow your vehicle around the battlefield.
- Holiday Horns – A variety of spooky Halloween themed vehicle horns are available.
- Holiday Helmets – Special costume helmets are available.
- The Slasher – A cult classic melee weapon.
- LB00 Python AP – A holiday-themed version of the Lightning’s Python AP main cannon.
- NS Candy Cannon 3000 – Fires candy corn, the hardest substance on the planet.
- Halloween Camos – Various Halloween-related camouflage has been made available.
Bug Fixes in Planetside 2 version 2.20
- Colossus now generates outfit logs when crafted or spawned.
- Cleaned up issues with wielded knife animations.
- NSO characters can now switch profile banners. A bug still exists with new NSO characters being equipped with the wrong default banner.
- SR-200 (NSO Sniper Rifle) no longer inherits camo applied to the character’s body.
- Javelin cockpit handlebars now rotate correctly in first person.
- Black Market terminals now show weapon stats correctly.
- Fixed various broken props and stretched textures.
- Removed outdated information from the Membership panel related to earning levels.
- NSO faction now has its own Heavy Assault Shield effects, visible when they are not assigned to another team, like when they’re used in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a typo in the air vehicle render distance description of the graphical settings menu.
- Fixed an issue causing vehicle HUD overlays to be rotated for a frame before realigning themselves.
- Selecting Koltyr on the World Map no longer shows broken image.
- Camos should now appear properly on characters, instead of sometimes showing missing.
- Fixed a longstanding issue where the player BR would appear incorrect on outfit applications after the outfit leader, logs off and back in with pending applications.
- Water on Indar, Amerish, and Esamir has updated visuals.
- Reduced the performance impact of many UI elements.
- Made adjustments to Join Combat in an attempt to target more balanced fights.
- Adjusted Empire Strength to mainly rely on Territory control, instead of base-specific control.
- Lengthened the quickest respawn time available by 3 seconds.
- Revisited loading screen tips to ensure accuracy, and added new ones related to Bastion, Colossus, Missions, and Campaigns.