A new Overwatch update 2.88 for PS4, PC and Xbox One released. According to the official Overwatch 2.88 patch notes, the latest update added anniversary 2020 event, bug fixes and more. Apart from this, Overwatch version 2.88 also includes stability improvements.
Previously, Echo update was released which added a new hero Echo, hero balancing and more. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game online. Today’s Overwatch 2.88 is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Overwatch update 2.88 patch notes
Anniversary 2020 event
Overwatch turns four this year and we are celebrating with brand new items, including new legendary skins. Participate in the weekly anniversary challenges for even more epic rewards, such as Carbon Fiber Sigma, fleur de lis windomaker, and Masked man McCree. You will be available to unlock items from past events using credits fro by opening loot boxes.
Feature Update: Improved Communications Wheel
We have added many more communication options so you can customize your interactions in Overwatch! To help you pick your favorites, go to Options -> Controls and scroll down to the Communication Wheel section. From here, you can choose from one of 26 different options for each sector of the wheel. You can change out your choices and swap around their positions within the wheel. Now, you can still tell your team “I Need Healing,” but you can also tell them you are “On My Way” so they should “Press the Attack!”
- New options are now available to customize the Communications Wheel
- Shortcuts are now customizable; pick from a set of 26 different communication options
- Additional keybindings are now available to support more voiceover lines
Feature Update: Patch Notes in Client
Players are now be able to read about the latest changes to Overwatch from within the game. We wanted to players across all platforms to have convenient access to this information, and it’s now easier than ever to stay up-to-date.
- Selecting the Patch Notes button on the main menu will display the patch notes in the client, and no longer requires a separate web browser
- Patch Notes will show as “new” whenever a game update is available
- Added buttons to Control map dropships to allow players to reset basketballs
- Improved Communications Wheel – We have changed how communication wheel throttling works in the game. You can use up to 3 communication wheel actions in rapid succession but there is now a delay between subsequent communications (similar to how Tracer’s blink ability works in the game)
- Play of the Game – Retuned a number of scoring factors to emphasize more active participation in fights
- Reduced the height of Echo’s head hit volume
- Reduced the height of Reinhardt’s head hit volume, making it harder to hit him in the head from behind
CUSTOM GAMES UPDATES
- Existing Share Codes can now be re-uploaded with new Custom Game Settings (requires same original owner)
- Skirmish can now override which Control Points are valid on Control Maps
- Allow strings to be stored as variables
- Allow no string reevaluation in Create HUD Text, Create In-World Text, and Set Objective Description
- Added Player Dealt Knockback and Player Received Knockback Events
- Conditions and actions are now displayed using C-style syntax. This new syntax is used when copying to text, and both new and old syntaxes are supported when pasting from text
- Nulls at the end of a String or Custom String value are no longer displayed (or required when pasting from text)
- Adjusted syntax coloring for conditions and actions to make it more consistent
- Relaxed type restrictions, allowing boolean values (such as Compare) to be used where numbers are expected, and vice versa
- Added support for the new communication types to related actions and values
- Set Crouch Enabled
- Set Melee Enabled
- Set Jump Enabled
- Declare Round Draw
- Set Ability Cooldown
- Cancel Primary Action
- Is Meleeing
- Is Jumping
- Event Direction
- Event Ability
- Ability Cooldown
- Ability Icon String
- Fixed a bug that could allow voice lines from opposing teams to be heard at Hero Select screens on certain maps
- Fixed a bug where some arcade game modes were not storing or displaying stats correctly
- MEKA Base: Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to traslocate to an unintended location near the capture point
- Downtown: Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to place her translocator in several unintended locations
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji and Hanzo from consistently being able to wall climb in several locations near point A
- Fixed a bug that caused Orisa’s Protective Barrier to fall through the floor when deployed at a specific spot close to Point B
- Fixed a visual issue with Doomfist’s primary fire animation while in a Graviton Surge
- Fixed a bug that caused D.Va to not gain full health when spawning into her mech in Total Mayhem
- Fixed a bug where some effects caused by Duplicated heroes were not always removing themselves after 3 seconds
- Fixed a bug where an Amplification Matrix wouldn’t boost damage during the 3 second linger window after duplicate ended
- Fixed a bug that caused a Graviton Surge created by clone Echo to stop displaying visual effects when Duplicate ends
- When Genji reflects Reinhardt’s firestrike, it will now swap team coloration from Reinhardt’s POV
- Fixed a bug that caused player nameplates to be invisible, when Mercy’s beam target is afflicted by Ana’s Biotic Grenade and ally colorblind colors is enabled
- Fixed a bug where Zarya’s bubble doesn’t purge the visual effects of someone hit by a Venom Mine
- Fixed a bug that could cause a pink object to appear at the top of the screen for Zenyatta while wearing his Zen-nakji skin
- Fixed a bug where values were often being counted multiple times towards a script’s total element count
- Fixed game crashing issues.
- Multiplayer improvements added with this update.
- Matchmaking improvements added.
- Fixed login and disconnection related issues.
- Performance and stability improvements added.
- Other under the hood fixes.
Overwatch version 2.88 is now available for download.