Overwatch update 3.23 is now available to download on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official Overwatch 3.23 patch notes, the latest update added a new Lunar 2022 Year of the Tiger event to the game. Apart from this, Overwatch patch 3.23 also includes hero balancing and fixes.
Previously, a big update added the Holloween event, hero changes, and much more.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing several issues while playing the game online. Today’s Overwatch version 3.23 will fix a few of these issues.
Table of Contents
What is new in Overwatch Update 3.23? – January 26, 2022
EASONAL EVENT: LUNAR NEW YEAR 2022
Seasonal Event: LUNAR 2022 – YEAR OF THE TIGER
CELEBRATE THE YEAR OF THE TIGER
Ring in the Year of the Tiger with a resounding roar! Celebrate the return of Overwatch Lunar New Year with festive cosmetics, weekly rewards, and returning brawls. To commemorate the occasion, we’re bringing rich new rewards for you to unlock: set a lantern alight with Genji, illuminate the night with Orisa’s sparklers, don some New Year-ready attire as Seolbim Mercy, flit around the battlefield in Nezha Tracer’s fire-heeled shoes, and more!
Rack up points as you claim bounties in this rowdy brawl. The player who gets the first kill of the match becomes a Target, and everyone else a Bounty Hunter. Earn extra points by killing the Target, but beware—if you land the killing blow on a Target, you become the next one.
CAPTURE THE FLAG BLITZ
The stakes have been raised in Capture the Flag. With both teams’ flags much closer together, six captures are now needed to win the match instead of the traditional three. Launch an all-out offensive against the enemy to snatch their flag as many times as possible.
CAPTURE THE FLAG
In Capture the Flag, each team attempts to secure the enemy flag and return it to their base while preventing the opposing team from doing the same. Determined players can try Competitive Capture the Flag, which includes placement matches, leaderboards, and Competitive Points!
What is fixed in Overwatch Version 3.23 patch notes – January 26, 2022
- Mercy can now attempt to resurrect teammates who die over environmental death pits
- When resurrecting, the resurrect marker will now freeze in place for the duration of the resurrection.
- Dev Note: Previously, if a teammate died over a death pit their resurrect marker was hidden and fell into the pit. Now, Mercy will see their resurrect marker and can resurrect before it falls to the bottom.
- Holding the ability button for resurrect while it’s on cooldown will now attempt the resurrect once the cooldown finishes
- Fixed an issue where Season 32 open queue stats were not appearing in career profile
- Addressed a geometry exploit on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s Scope to activate when cancelling Nano Boost target confirmation
- Fixed a bug that caused the parrot on Ana’s Corsair skin to disappear in hero select
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s name plate to appear in the middle of her model
- Addressed an audio issue during Symmetra’s “Have a seat” emote.
Download free Overwatch update 3.23 for PS4 and Xbox One.