Overwatch update 2.73 patch notes released for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official Overwatch 2.73 patch notes, the latest update comes with new features and various bug fixes. Apart from this, the new Overwatch 2.73 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a major update was released with a new feature Role Queue, new hero Sigma (Tank) as well as various bug fixes and gameplay changes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Overwatch update 2.73 is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Table of Contents
Overwatch 2.73 Patch Notes
NEW FEATURE: HOTFIXING
With this patch, the Overwatch client on all platforms can now automatically receive minor updates (hotfixes) without needing to be restarted. Hotfixes require online connectivity, access to disk, and sufficient disk space.
NEW FEATURE: SHARED INSTALL
The PTR and Live Overwatch PC clients can now share storage when installed to the same file path on disk. This should reduce the disk space required to install and update multiple clients. As a result, today’s PTR client should require only ~1.2GB of additional disk storage. Players with previous Overwatch PTR clients installed can uninstall and reinstall to a common disk location to benefit from this feature.
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Repair Pack granting defensive assist credit anytime after a target was healed
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Repair Pack not playing a sound effect for the receiving player
Bug Fixes in Overwatch update 2.73
- Custom Game – Fixed an issue where presets saved with Symmetra’s “Teleportation Duration” were being flagged as invalid
- Role Queue Beta Season – Fixed a bug that prevented players from earning achievements when playing in the Role Queue Beta
- Role Queue Beta Season – Fixed a bug that could cause players not to receive an SR update when the entire opposing team left the match
- Overwatch version 2.73 fixed a bug that incorrectly applied Role Queue restrictions to vs. A.I. games
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from selecting roles in Quick Play LFGs
- Workshop – fixed an issue with “unknown error” preventing players from loading certain Custom Game presets
- Fixed a bug that could cause status effect toasts (stunned, slept, resurrected, hacked, detected, etc.) to get stuck on screen
- Overwatch 2.73 added fixes for crashing issues.
- Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
- Addressed stuttering/lag issues.
- Added performance improvements in some areas.
- Added stability improvements with Overwatch 2.73.
- Fixed minor audio issues.
- Various under the hood improvements.
Overwatch update 2.73 for PS4 is now available for download.