Othercide version 1.03 is now rolling out for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to Othercide update 1.03 patch notes, the latest game update a whole host of bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Apart from this, Othercide 1.03 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Recently, the game was released with mostly positive reviews. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s Othercide version 1.03 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
What is new in Othercide update 1.03?
I- What’s new?
a- Memories Assignment, Cemetery, Daughter Overview, and Mission Briefing screens:
- Added a filter to sort Daughters/Memories by experience level, alphabetical order and class: This will ease the resurrection flow in late game.
b- Memories Assignment screen:
- New sound design for memory assignment system: if the player is trying to assign a memory to a skill but it is impossible because the memory is incompatible, he will hear a specific sound. We add sound feedback to both enhance the quality of life and to polish the game.
c- End of run screen:
- Enhancement of the End of Run screen: several UI improvements to enhance the quality of life and the polish of the game for the player experience.
d- Daughters’ overview screen:
- Daughters’ experience level displayed in the list: we have added the experience level of the daughters in actual numbers to allow the player to better identify the power force of his unit.
e- End mission screen:
- Replaced the current first “continue” input button in the End Mission Screen by a more visible one: We put the “continue” input button from the second page of the screen on the first page to allow the player to quickly identify the input and stream the flow.
f- Chosen One sacrifice/save pop up:
- New chosen one sacrifice/save pop up implementation: We have enhanced the overall visual aspect of the pop-up by adding the Chosen One animated 2D model in the background. We also improved the sacrifice and save inputs by replacing the buttons and the vitae and token logos.
2- Core Combat:
- Keep Daughter Skills by unlocking order in Active character view: The daughters’ skills order won’t change when a new skill will be unlocked. That way, the player will be able to reassign specific keys to the skill slots in the options.
- Explain the reaction stack mechanic: We have added the following line: Cancels [ICON][Previous Reaction] in red in the skill reaction tooltip when one reaction is already activated and if the player hovers a new reaction skill in the Active Character UI. Moreover, the tooltip with the following line in red is displayed next to the skill button in the active character UI Cancels [ICON][Previous Reaction] and the skill slot of the already existing and activated reaction on the initiative timeline shakes thanks to an animation.
c- Action Point UI on grid:
- Action Point cost for movement displayed larger and more clearly on the grid: The Action Point cost for movement is now displayed larger and more clearly on the grid to allow players to better forecast their movements. We also improved it for specific languages like chinese, japanese, korean and russian.
II- Bug fixes:
- Timeline acceleration: Fixed sounds for fast gameplay mode in core combat and cinematics.
- Timeline acceleration: Othercide PS4 Update 1.03 fixed the cursor movement.
- Metagame screens navigation: We have removed the R1/L1 and A/E inputs from the Inner Void tab when you are in the Memories Assignment screen so the player won’t try to access other screens when he will assign memories.
- Input sprites: We have added input sprites for keyboard inputs to enhance the overall visual quality of the game.
- Metagame pop-ups: We have resized several metagame pop-ups to make them more understandable for the players.
- End of run panels: We have fixed two subtitles which were reversed on the end of run panels.
- Mission spawn probability: Othercide update 1.03 balanced and tweaked the mission spawn probability. The rescue missions should be more often in the first era allowing the player to earn resurrection token more easily. We have rebalanced the hunt mission drop to propose more variety.
- Localisation keys: We have fixed several localisation bugs, especially in french and korean.
- Events page of the codex: we have fixed the display of the lore regarding the events in the codex.
- Traits list: users will be able to scroll the traits list.
- Mother voices blended: We have fixed several mother voices triggers that could mixed and blended in-game lines. We did that to both improve the quality of life and the polish of the game.
- Level up animation: We have fixed the level up animation and VFX that could be displayed sometimes even if the daughters did not level up.
- Camera flow: When inspecting a unit, the camera is now not locked on the character, making it possible to see many ranges.
- Skill: Dance of the Dead will now increase the damage by 15% with Othercide 1.03.
- Skill: Interrupting the skill Mass will now trigger combos
- Metagame screens flow: Switching between the Inner Void menus and backing out won’t cause multiple menus to overlap
- Flee mechanic: We have added more information in the pop-up displayed when a player wants to flee a mission, telling him the following behaviour: “Warning: Fleeing now will end the current Recollection. You need Daughters to fight, and you do not possess the Vitae required to germinate new ones, nor the Tokens needed to raise fallen Daughters back from the dead.”
- Skill: The dash skill with position previsualisation won’t display buggy sound design anymore.
- Memories: we have balanced and tweaked several memories by adding incompatibility restrictions.
- Skill: The correct video of the Shield Charge will be displayed in the skill pop-up choice screen.
- Memories: In Era 3, looting memories won’t trigger The child’s voice lines twice.
- Mission Briefing: Enemies in the Threats list for the Hunt synapse on the maps Lvl_Destruction_06B_Medium in Era 4 and Lvl_Destruction_02A_Medium in Era 5 will be displayed
- End of run panels: The panels are now skippable.
- Skill: The AOE Action Previews of “The Maid” Boss will be correctly updated after swapping its position using a Blademaster’s “Ghost Strike” action.
- Achievements: The subtitle of the achievement “New Born” is fixed with the correct name.
- Skill: Triumph skill of the Deacon boss has been implemented in the game.
- Mission selection screen: Users will be able to scroll the list if more than 15 missions are displayed.
- Codex: The True Child description is properly unlocked in the Codex.
- Enemy: corrupted daughters, at the end of their turn, are not stuck in their move animation anymore.
- Germination chamber: A daughter can’t be given a blank name anymore.
- Boss: The 2nd Transfiguration is triggered at 50% Maid boss’s health
- Skill: Daughters or enemies will be interrupted only if in range of the skill
- System cinematic: At the end of the third era’s cinematic, the FPS drops has been fixed
- Remembrances screen: Users will get remembrances page after winning the game at the end of the campaign
- Controls: in menus using gamepad, the sensibility scrolling with left stick has been fixed and won’t be too high anymore
- Tutorial: You can’t attack a mob from a distance with the slash of the mother anymore.
- Daughters’ overview: When switching fast between daughters, the diorama animation of the Soulslinger won’t place her in a weird state anymore.
- Levels: Fix navmesh issues on all levels.
- Trophies: New version of PS4 trophies localization.
- Thick raycast ticked for every playable characters (proper movement trajectory preview): Daughters now have movement trajectories that fit their AP cost.
- Enemy: Fixed a bug on Infested that would use Evade instead of Dark Emanations on their first turn.
- Enemy: Othercide 1.03 fixed a bug on Infested that could use Evade two times on their first turn.
- Memories: Fixed drops of different memories: Quietus, Persuasion. The remembrances and achievements related won’t be blocked anymore.
- Enemy: Othercide PS4 update 1.03 fixed accuracy of Plague Guard making him sometimes miss for no reason.
- Memories: After buying a memory in the memories assignment screen, the vitae amount displayed won’t be wrong anymore.
- Boss: The Final Boss won’t kill themselves anymore and prevent users from earning the remembrance related to killing them.
- Boss: Pilgrimage skill from the Deacon won’t push a daughter outside of the map boundaries anymore
Download free Othercide patch 1.03 on PlayStation 4.