NMS update 3.81 (3.081.000) released on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official NMS 3.81 patch notes, the latest update resolves issues related to crashes, UI, animation and more. Apart from this, NMS version 3.81 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major free update added new personal robotic companions, a total overhaul of weapon systems, new lore and stories, all-new Sentinel enemies and combat behaviour, friendly AI drone, much more.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS update 3.81 will fix a few of these issues.
What is fixed in NMS 3.81? – February 18, 2022
- Addressed a bug that could cause freighter bases to fail to load after warping in a freighter.
- Addressed a bug that caused an empty copy of the player’s freighter to spawn in a system after warping.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent building within a player freighter.
- Addressed a bug that caused inappropriate technologies to occasionally be found in the inventory of newly purchased freighters.
- Addressed a bug that could cause all Multi-Tools to become Royal Multi-Tools after reloading a save with a Royal Multi-Tool equipped. Pre-existing Multi-Tools have been completely restored to their correct appearance. Unfortunately, some newly acquired Royal Multi-Tools may have changed appearance.
- Addressed a bug that changed the Multi-Tools offered in shops and space stations. Weapon caches at the same coordinates will now offer the same tools as before 3.80.
- Addressed a bug that caused some saved Multi-Tools to change appearance.
- Adjusted the autoaim strength of the Blaze Javelin, to make pad aiming behave more consistently.
- The Blaze Javelin now does a degree of piercing damage to armoured Sentinels, so that damage is done to the drone as well as the armour plating if the plating is destroyed in one shot.
- Slightly reduced the effect of gravity on Pulse Spitter projectiles.
- Slightly increased the base damage of the Pulse Spitter.
- Adjusted the fire rate of Sentinel drones, so that recently shot drones will attempt to retaliate more aggressively.
- Sentinel drones now attempt to keep further away from the Minotaur when in combat.
- Addressed a bug that could cause Sentinels to respawn in a loop while fighting inside a settlement when using PlayStationVR.
- Fixed a number of issues where Sentinels would fail to spawn around settlements.
- Addressed a bug that prevented stun effects from being correctly applied to creatures on derelict freighters.
- Addressed a bug that prevented stunned creatures from dying.
- Addressed a bug that caused some stunned entities to briefly enter an invalid navigation state after recovering.
- Fixed a number of issues with the Cloaking Device third person effects on Xbox and PlayStation platforms.
- Reduced the movement levels of the reconstructed drone during interactions.
Addressed a bug that caused procedurally generated Exosuit shield upgrades to offer extremely high protection against incoming damage, rather than values within the correct range.
- Addressed a bug that could very rarely cause some technologies to generate without any stats.
- Addressed a bug that caused the jetpack to be disabled in Photo Mode.
- Addressed a bug that prevented the jetpack effects from appearing when using the default backpack.
- Addressed a bug that caused the jetpack to be visible in first person.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the transition effects to fail to play when exiting the starship.
- Addressed a bug that caused a small glowing cube to occasionally slowly float across the Space Station.
- Addressed a bug that caused the wrong full-screen effect to be applied when using the Analysis Visor.
- Addressed a bug that could cause Exosuit-specific shield messages to display while using an Exocraft.
- Addressed a bug that caused insufficiently specific text to be displayed as a mission notification when interacting with the reconstructed drone.
- Fixed a number of naming consistency issues with the reconstructed drone.
- Addressed a bug that could cause a popup with incorrect data to become stuck and block the UI.
- Fixed a mission text issue.
- Introduced a number of memory and performance optimisations to creature and Sentinel navigation.
- Addressed multi-axis rotation of base parts crash.
- Addressed Steam Input crash.
- Fixed a physics-related crash.
- Addressed NPC starships crash.
- Addressed Sentinel’s guarding buildings crash.
- Addressed using weapons in multiplayer crash.
Download free NMS update 3.81 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.