NMS update 3.70 (Oct 20, 2021) is now available to download on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to NMS 3.70 patch notes, the latest update added a new a new seasonal event (Expedition Four: Emergence) to the game. Apart from this, NMS 3.70 (3.070.000) also includes a long list of bug fixes.
Previously, a major free update added new structures, planetary settlements, base buildings, and much more.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS update 3.70 will fix a few of these issues.
NMS 3.70 Patch Notes (3.070.000)
No Man’s Sky. Expedition Four: Emergence begins today, and will run over the course of Halloween. This is our first Expedition to feature a narrative, and is also a mini-update, bringing with it a host of enhancements for across the game
Across the universe, planets have been blighted by the activity of Titan Worms. These colossal sandworms plough through the desert sands, blacking out the sun as they arc overhead, and defiling the very terrain with their cursed dust.
In Expedition Four: Emergence, travellers will find themselves stranded on planet Wasan, a barren world ravaged by dust storms and infested with Titan Worms. It is up to you to locate the Titan Worm impact sites, destroy the wretched Hungering Tendrils, and collect the Vile Spawn that lingers behind. The vessels of the many mouths must be purged!
As travellers cleanse planets of cursed dust and hunt the titanic sandworms, they will unravel the threads of a dark narrative. Complete the expedition route to reveal the history of a dark cult, and ultimately confront the Atlas with evidence of this indelible stain upon the universe.
- Significantly improved sandworm geometry and textures.
- Significantly improved sandworm particle effects.
- Improved a number of particle effects, including: combat frigate weapon flashes flashes, freighter explosions, distant laser impacts, creature digging effects, Sentinel Walker landing effects, meteors, and meteor impacts.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when retrieving friend details.
- Introduced a significant memory optimisation.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes on Xbox Series X.
- Fixed a memory related crash on Xbox Series S.
- Addressed a bug that could cause some settlement buildings to lose their construction terminals.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent advancement when constructing small settlement buildings.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the Multi-Tool to lose upgrades when switching Multi-Tools, if the selected next tool was already active.
- Addressed a bug that caused movement and combat behaviour problems with the patrol drones aboard derelict freighters.
- Addressed a bug that could cause Expedition saves to download incorrect data and become corrupt if reloading from the pause menu.
- Addressed a bug where some saves would be incorrectly listed as ‘Incompatible’ if they became corrupted. Corrupted saves such as these are now recovered to the alternative manual/auto slot.
- Addressed a bug that could cause savegame loss on PC if the game crashed during a save.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the game to crash on the frontend if savedata had been corrupted.
- Fixed a number of snapping issues with sloping roof parts.
- Fixed a number of snapping issues that could occur in complex scenes.
- Fixed a number of snapping issues related to roof cap and gable parts.
- Fixed a visual glitch with the shadows on timber roofs.
- Fixed a number of snapping issues with vertical glass tunnels.
- Improved snapping for utility parts, including refiners and solar panels.
- Addressed a bug that could cause ramps to remove their attached doorways when deleted.
- Fixed a collision issue with the shelf panel base parts.
- Fixed a number of snapping issues with freighter corridor and room base parts.
- Fixed a number of snapping issues with decorative saloon parts.
- The hexagonal table is now correctly grouped with other tables in the build menu.
- Improved text descriptions for a number of base parts.
- Addressed a bug that could cause particular species of exotic butterfly to fly into the ground.
- Fixed a number of control bindings issues for Vive controllers.
- Fixed a number of control binding issues when using a DS4 pad to drive Exocraft on Steam.
- Addressed a bug where pinned repair instructions could ask for half the necessary requirements to craft products that would be used in the repair.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent reward titles that have already been claimed from showing as owned.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent the mission to guide players to a settlement from working correctly if they declined several settlements.
- Fixed a mission crash present in the Japanese version.
- Fixed a physics related crash.
- Fixed a rare issue that could block progress around mission portals.
- (Experimental Only) Fixed a crash related Settlement NPCs.
Download free No Man’s Sky update 3.70 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.