No Mans Sky update 3.66 (3.066.000) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to NMS 3.66 patch notes, the latest brings a long list of quality of life fixes and improvements. Apart from this, No Man’s Sky 3.66 (3.066) also includes gameplay optimizations.
Previously, a major free update added a host of new creatures, new weather conditions, colossal buildings, and more. Recently, a hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS update 3.66 will fix a few of these issues.
NMS 3.66 Patch Notes (3.066.000) for PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox – Sep 14, 2021
- Fixed an experimental branch only issue that caused frequent creature navigation related crashes.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the expedition reward base parts to be incorrectly coloured.
- Addressed a bug that caused a visual glitch on a specific character foot model.
- Addressed a bug that caused parts of Cronos’ head to clip with the camera when equipped in first person.
- Addressed a bug that could cause corrupt data when downloading the expedition details.
- Addressed a bug that could cause several Exocraft to spawn on the same pad when deployed in multiplayer.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause base parts to appear in protected locations.
- Addressed a bug that could cause Exocraft and Minotaur scans to fail to find a building more often than they should.
- Addressed a bug that could cause an untranslated variable to appear in some settlement decision text.
- (Experimental Only) Addressed a bug that caused technology merchants to float or become duplicated within player settlements.
Addressed a bug that prevented players from seeing the preview of a base part being placed by another player.
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause a crash after warping.
- (Experimental Only) Fixed an additional issue that may cause settlement building progress to reset after save/loading.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent players from being able to place some base parts (such as save points or Exocraft Geobays) within protected areas on the expedition planet.
- Addressed a bug that prevented settlement NPCs from syncing correctly in multiplayer.
- Introduced an optimisation to the particle rendering system.
- Addressed a bug that prevented ByteBeat tracks from playing in Photo Mode.
- ByteBeat devices deployed to caves now have extra reverb.
- Introduced an optimisation to base part rendering.
- Addressed a bug that prevented some base parts from being recoloured.
- When viewing another player’s settlement, their name is now displayed in the UI.
- Addressed a bug that could tell players to collect products from their settlement while the settlement was still in debt.
- Fixed a crash related to terrain textures.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent ramps from snapping correctly to doors.
- Base part recipes are now available to pin from the grid menu.
- Addressed a bug that prevented players from landing or summoning their ships near buildings.
- Fixed a visual glitch with the Exocraft Summoning Station.
- Addressed a bug that prevent players from summoning their ship from specific landing pads at planetary vaults.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent Short-Range Teleporters from teleporting the player.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent plants from growing when planted outdoors.
- Addressed a bug that required players to construct a roof for settlement buildings that do not have roofs.
- Addressed a bug that could prevent a construction terminal from spawning at a settlement building site.
- A teleporter has been added to the settlement Overseer’s office.
- Addressed a bug that could reset settlement building progress when save/loading away from the settlement.
- Addressed a bug that prevented any decisions from triggering after claiming a second settlement.
- NPC shopkeepers and access to a Galactic Trade Terminal have been added to settlement marketplaces.
- Fixed a crash related to the ByteBeat device.
- Fixed a crash related to the base building menu.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the Report Base quick menu option to appear when not in a base.
- Addressed a bug that could cause construction decisions to fail to load.
- Addressed a bug that prevented the Master of Elements expedition milestone from correctly unlocking the Minotaur Geobay.
- Fixed a crash related to the expedition log UI.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Fixed several crashes related to large bases.
- Fixed a number of console crashes related to memory management.
Download free NMS version 3.66 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.