New World update is now available to download on PC. According to the official New World patch notes, the latest update resolves issues related to client and server crashes. Apart from this, the New World game patch also includes various stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added a long list of quality of life improvements.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are still experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s New World patch will address a few of these errors.
- Fixed instances of boss encounters failing to begin or restart their encounters in multiple expeditions.
- Addressed a bug where players can get stuck between Chardis and the Arena in the Lazarus Instrumentality.
- Fixed issue with laser walls not dealing damage in Starstone Barrows.
- Fixed issue where Archibald will despawn during fight in Starstone Barrows.
- Fixed issue with Vine bridge disappearing in Garden of Genesis.
- Fixed issue where players could be blocked from entering the Priest mini-boss room in the Depths.
- Smoothed the access points to ship flags on the starter beaches
- Increased the interact range on the ship flags on starter beaches.
- Added additional directional beacons to the FTUE.
- Fixed issues where teleport shrines did not appear on the map/compass or have the beacon of light.
- Improved spawn rates throughout the world at locations that were bottlenecking players on the same quests/missions.
- Improved lighting of starting beaches at night to be less dark.
- Fixed multiple quests across the World that were causing bottlenecks due to large amounts of players attempting the same objective.
- Fixed issue where players could become locked while interacting with certain lore notes.
- Updated text description for “An Unpleasant Task” to direct players to the correct watchtower.
- Fixed instances where AI could respawn limitlessly for certain quests.
- Fixed various town missions exploits.
- Green, yellow, and red placement validations are now shown when decorating homes.
- Fixed issue where VFX for loot containers were missing when under high load.
- Fixed circumstances where certain NPCs would be invisible before interacting with them.
- Increased damage scaling for AI above level 50 and above (gradual scaling from 0% up to 25% at level 66)
- Increased health scaling for AI above level 30 (gradual scaling from 0% up to 15% at level 66)
Open World Non-Boss Elites
- Increased health and damage to bring them more in line with Expedition difficulty enemies (this is multiplicative with the change noted in General AI)
- Increased damage of all Non-Boss Open World Elite AI by 12-17%
- Increased health of Elite+ AI (Corrupted Ogres, Corrupted Bears, etc) by 60%
Open World and Arena Bosses
- Increased health and damage to bring them more in line with Expedition difficulty enemies (this is multiplicative with the change noted in General AI)
- Increased Boss Damage by 20%
- Increased Boss Health by 33%
- Increased damage for all Expedition AI by 13% (this is multiplicative with the change noted in General AI)
Notable Bug Fixes
- Players may no longer transfer boss status effects back to the boss through use of Contagious Reverse Stab Perk
- Resolved several leashing bugs that allowed players to kill AI from unreachable positions
- Resolved a bug preventing Dynasty Trainees from damaging the player
- Now uses heal behavior more consistently
- Now uses his Vine Sweep attack while his target is in melee range
- Increased run speed and accuracy of target movement when chasing a target
- Addressed a bug stopping him from using burrow to pursue far ranged targets
- Addressed a bug allowing the spriggan to be attacked while spawning
- The Depths
- Archdeacon Azamela
- Addressed a bug that caused the Archdeacon’s mines to not be destroyed when he is interrupted by destroying his monoliths
- Addressed a bug that caused the Archdeacon to skip phases if pulled to room entrance
- Dynasty Shipyard
- Empress Zhou Taiying – Fixed a bug causing pedestal hitboxes to be up too high
- Garden of Genesis
- Alluvium Marl – Addressed a bug causing Alluvium’s Root Wall AoE attack to not reach the edges of his arena
- The Blighted Greenkeeper – Addressed a bug allowing her to throw a boulder on herself and take heavy damage in Phase 3.
- Starstone Barrows
- Greundgul the Regent – Addressed a bug that sometimes caused her Undying Army spawners to not despawn when she dies
- Lazarus Instrumentality
- Resolved an issue allowing his Phase 3 beam attack to not correctly end after the target had been downed
- Tuned damage volumes for a more consistent player experience
- PVP scaling has been reduced. The level difference will matter more in your encounters meaning that it will take more hits for a lower level player to kill a higher level player and less hits for a higher level player to kill a lower level player.
Attribute Threshold Bonus
- Reduced Constitution 250 Attribute Threshold Bonus damage reduction bonus from 80% → 60%
- Reduced War Hammer Hardened Steel Damage reduction bonus from 20% → 15%
- Freeing Justice passive will now only remove a single debuff, not all debuffs.
- Fortitude has been replaced with Invigorating Bulwark – this passive will grant 15 stamina on hit with the shield bash and shield rush abilities.
- Leaping strike startup frames reduced from 16 to 14
- Leaping strike distance increased from 4 to 6 meters
- Counter Attack has been modified to be able to stack and obtain a better bonus. It now grants a 3% empower for 5 seconds when blocking an attack, and can stack up to 5 times for a max of a 15% Empower bonus. Previously it would grant a 10% Empower for 20s after blocking an attack.
- Sacred Protection passive changed to grant a 5% increased incoming healing efficiency to all group members. Used to grant additional max HP.
- Reduced effectiveness of Orb of protection Fortify from 15% → 10%
- Berserk duration reduced to 12 seconds and the cooldown has been increased to 18 seconds
- Berserking Refresh now heals 10% every 4 seconds while berserk is active to a max of 30% health (was every 5 seconds for a max of 35%)
- Reduced effectiveness of Gravity Well Unyielding fortify upgrade from 15% → 10%
- Reduced Great Axe Enduring Strike Damage reduction bonus from 20% → 15%
- 2nd hit of Reap no longer has stagger on it
- Reduced effectiveness of Bow Unbreakable Focus fortify passive from 20% → 10%
- Reduced the number of times the chain perks chained to another target from 5 → 3
- Chain Elemental Perks now only trigger off basic attacks (Light and heavy), and have a 2s cooldown
Equip Load Updates
- The 20% damage increase for light equip load and the 10% damage increase for medium equip load should also affect the healing output for the character. Healing is reduced by 20% to account for this. We want the best healer to be in light gear.
- Reduced the medium equip load threshold from 15 → 13 and heavy threshold from 30 → 23.
- Normalized the weight of protection ratios (physical/elemental/balanced) within each armor class.
- Increased the armor provided by chest pieces and reduced the amount provided by helmets.
- Slightly increased the armor granted by balanced ratios to match the total armor provided by phyiscal and elemental ratios.
- Reduced the weight of round and kite shields.
- Reduced damage bonus against creature families from 6%/8%/10% to 3%/4%/5%
Clamping of Empower and Fortify buffs
- Potions will now be included in the clamping of the empower and fortify buffs (50% max)
Elemental Damage consumables
- Updated duration from 3 minutes to 30 seconds
- Updated the effect of the consumables from 10%/15%/25% to 9%/12%/15%
Creature family absorption consumables
- Updated duration from 5 minutes to 20 seconds
- Updated amount of hits players can take when using Creature family consumables from 10/15/20 to 5/10/15
- Updated the effect of Creature family consumables from 20%/35%/50% to 5%/10%/15%
- Set all absorption consumables to have a 120 second shared cooldown
OakfleshBalm and Gemstone Dust consumables
- Updated the duration OakfleshBalm and Gemstone Dust consumables from 5 minutes to 30 seconds
- Updated the amount of hits players can take when using OakfleshBalm and Gemstone Dust consumables from 5/10/15/20 to 6/9/12/15
- Increased effect from 5%/7%/10%/15% → 10%/17%/25%/35%
- Increased Explosive Cannon damage by 30%
- Capped Repeater max damage falloff at 90% instead of 100%.
- Repeater damage falloff now starts at 80m instead of 60m.
- Siege Weapons – Siege weapons damage is now being mitigated by armor.
- Siege Weapons – Increased damage by 20%
- Reduced effectiveness of Arcane Blessing lifestyle buff corrupted enemy absorption from 20% to 5%
- Fortified Recovery effectiveness reduced from 30% to 10%
- Keenly Fortified effectiveness reduced from 30% to 10%
- Mortal Fortification effectiveness reduced from 30% to 10%
- Increase base health gained from Health potions from 160/300/650/1200/1800 → 200/400/900/1600/2400, and decreased amount of health gained from the potions based on a percentage of their max from 15% > 7%
- Increased base health of Regeneration Potions from 30/65/120/180 > 40/90/160/240, and decreased amount of health gained per section from the regen potions based on a % of the max HP from 1.5% > 0.7%
- Removed Endurance potions from the Alchemy crafting station. This item has been removed from the game.
- Amber Gem – Reduced the damage scaling obtained from the Amber Gem (Nature) when putting attributes into Focus by 20% to make healer’s secondary weapon a bit less powerful in terms of raw damage output for focus builds.
Attribute Threshold Bonuses
- Adjusted the Strength 50, 100, and 150 Attribute Threshold Bonuses, to prevent the damage bonus from being applied to elemental melee attacks. It will only apply to physical damage. This is to prevent doubling up on the bonuses when using elemental conversion gems with those attributes.
- Small deployables (Inferno Traps + Powder Kegs) now have a shared deployment limit of 15 per team in War and Invasion.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Move speed increases – fixed issues with players having a permanent speed buff applied
- Move speed decreases – fixed issue where move speed could not be slowed by more than 10%
- Stuck on Load screen – Fixed issue where players can get stuck in infinite load screen and respawn at random starter beach if they die before getting to the Watchtower respawn point.
- Life Staff- Speed of Light upgrade now functions
- Jump – You are now able to jump while in exhausted state
- Attribute Threshold Bonus – 250 Constitution bonus should now have a 60 second cooldown
- Attribute Threshold Bonus – 150 Constitution bonus should now only reduce damage from critical hits, not all hits
- Rewards from duels – Players should no longer be able to get PvP rewards from Duels
- Sword – Leadership passive will no longer persist after leaving the group
- Life Staff – Mending Touch no longer removes all debuffs, only one
- Life Staff – Magnify ultimate now extends buff durations
- Life Staff – Inspire will now increase stamina
- Great Axe – Heavy Pull passive no longer causes heavy attack to hit twice
- Great Axe – Enduring Strike will now reduce damage by 20% while in GRIT
- Bow – Deep Strike upgrade will only increase damage on Penetrating shot, not all attacks.
- Swap Weapons – when using swap active weapon key bind your weapon ability wheel will now toggle when swapping weapons
- Sword – When using Contagious Reverse Stab perk, damage over time attacks that are transferred to the other players will now cause damage.
- Falling – Fixed issue that would cause you to go into fall state while navigating down stairs and inclines.
- Encumbered Navigation – fix to jittery navigation animations when becoming encumbered
- Darkness Events – fix to many crashes and freezes when engaging with darkness events.
- Hearty perk – fix to bug that would cause you to not be able to block or dodge when having the Hearty perk equipped
- Fishing – fix to camera snapping and rotation that could occur during fishing
- Sword – Leadership passive effect no longer persists after leaving the group
- Life Staff – Mending Touch passive no longer removes all debuffs, removes only one
- Ice Pylon – Health bar should now be blue for allies and red for enemies
- Life Staff – Inspire upgrade now functions
- Siege weapon – Damage is now mitigated by armor
- Life Staff – Splash of light will only heal group members as intended
- Bow – Unbreakable Focus buff can no longer stay on forever outside of the aiming state
- Cannons – Attackers cannons can be attacked during upgrade process during Wars.
- Hatchet – Stay Back passive now applies correctly, 25% slow for 4 seconds.
- Bow – Fix for animation cancelling causing bow to shoot at a faster rate than intended
- Ice Gauntlet – Ultimate Chill should now apply Chill debuff and increase ice damage taken by enemies by 35% for 3 seconds as intended
- Ice Gauntlet – Empowered Strike should now apply increased damage when target is below 30% health as intended
- Ice Gauntlet – Refreshing Spikes should now give a cooldown reduction as intended
- War – Defenders can no longer use the respawn option to spawn at the Rally point before the War has started
- Damage Conversion Gem – Fixed bug where the Intellect attribute threshold bonuses were being applied twice when using a damage conversion gem.
- Added T4/5 Azoth Staves to be unlocked in the Main Story Quest.
- T4 is required for the completion of Level 50 Corruption Breaches.
- T5 is required for the completion of Level 60 and 65 Corruption Breaches.
- Reduced XP for Town Projects:
- Raw Material turn ins reduced by 25%
- Refined Material turn ins reduced by 30%
- Crafting Armaments turn ins reduced by 50%
- Provision turn ins reduced by 50%
- XP required to level at lower levels has been reduced by a small amount.
- XP required to level from 20-30 has been reduced by a medium amount.
- Reduced the Faction granted per mission for PvP missions in Monarch Bluffs, Cutlass Keys, and Mourningdale to account for their shorter travel times.
- Removed the recipes for Endurance Potions. This item has been removed from the game.
- Increased the drop rate of named items from expedition bosses.
- Adjusted the perks on many named weapons in an effort to better-distribute perk availability on named weapons while making more of them feel unique and well-synergized.
- Normalized the perks on all Faction weapons and armor. This change made lower-level Faction armor give Crit Damage Defense instead of Cooldown Reduction.
- Increased the costs of all Faction Armor and Weapons.
- Removed socketed gems from all faction armor (they now have an empty gem slot).
- Reduced Gear Score of Tier 4 Faction equipment from 495 to 490.
- Reduced Gear Score of Tier 5 Faction equipment from 550 to 535.
- Materials fixed for War weapon styles:
- War Kite Shield
- Vengeful War Spear
- Icons fixed for various weapons and armor:
- Tower Shield, Ice Gauntlet, Fire Staff, Life Staff, War Hammer in the Siren Arena Set
- Round Shield, Kite Shield, Tower Shield, Fire Staff, Life Staff, and Ice Gauntlet in the Drowned Elite Set.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Many Named items had duplicate or otherwise incompatible perks and have been updated.
- Addressed a bug that was causing some very low level items to roll with perks, which could cause players to get green items that weren’t special in any way (other than the color green, which is special to some people).
- Addressed a bug that could cause fishing hotspot locations to be visibly culled, which could make them exceptionally difficult to find.
- Updated the logic for teleporting players away from Faction Control Points so it should allow more people from each faction to participate.
- Fixed an infinite loading wheel that could occur when you tried to purchase something from the trading post that had already been purchased by another person.
- Addressed a bug that could cause a significant increase to influence gains for attacking factions after 72 hours. This increase is still present, but has been reduced by ~50%.
- Addressed a bug that was causing invites to Outpost Rush to not time out correctly, which was causing them to still be considered part of the invited group.
- Addressed a bug that could cause boss drops in an Expedition to roll far outside of their appropriate Gear Score range.
- Addressed a bug that made it possible for players to trade directly with each other over long distances by fast traveling in the middle of a trade.
- Fixed a number of exploits with gold, item trading, and duplication.
- Addressed a bug that was causing some named items to not drop in Expeditions.
- Addressed a bug where players could get stuck in a “Lag Detected” state if they are removed from a war roster after they get their war invite but before they accept it.
- Fixed a conflict between queuing for War and playing in an Expedition where a player could be pulled out of the Expedition.
- Addressed a bug where Fibers were giving Tier 3 rewards instead of Tier 2.
- Fixed some issues with Seals not working with all Faction Armors.
- Removed a note about War Camp Gate Strength because War Camp Gates are indestructible.
- Added a limit to the number of Inferno Traps that can be deployed during war.
- Addressed a bug that could cause Attacker turrets to be destroyed in one hit while they were mid-upgrade.
- Addressed a bug where dying as a war resolved could cause the player to enter a state where they were unable to interact with the game.
- Addressed a bug where Attacker Cannons could not be attacked while in an upgrade state.
- Addressed a bug where the War Sign-Up Board didn’t display the correct times for players from different time zones.
- Addressed a bug where players could spawn outside of the fort before a War started.
- Added collision to the roof of the War Camp.
- Addressed a bug with the Ebonscale Reach War Camp where Defenders could get in using some nearby geometry.
- Addressed a bug that was causing the vertical beams at capture points to be invisible during War.
- Addressed a bug that could cause some War Invites to be sent out too early.
- Addressed a bug that could cause players to enter an unresponsive state when put on Stand By during War/Invasion.
- Addressed a bug where siege weapon damage wasn’t being mitigated by armor.
- Addressed a bug where Rally Points are lit up outside of the War.
- Defenders are no longer able to climb over the walls of the War Camp.
- Various client and server crash fixes.
- Players can now declare war as long as there is not an invasion imminent.
- Players will no longer be able to bypass the refresh timer for town project missions by logging out.
- Players will no longer receive rewards from duels.
New World Patch Notes (July 29, 2021)
- Various client and server crash fixes
- Players will no longer be locked out of the quest “Opening Supply Lines”
- Slow no longer persists indefinitely; players will run at normal speed after status effects are removed
- Temporarily adjusted experience received from town project missions
- Quests will only be completed when the dedicated items are in your inventory
- Players’ movement speed reverts back to normal after encountering Gravity Well and combinations of other slow movement effects
- Visual effects now appear from lootable items in the world (ie. soil samples from Cooper’s Ranch)
- Enemies will retreat as expected
- Addressed duplication errors regarding consumables and gold
- Fixed in game communication issues including voice and text chat
- Settlement Stations will now show the correct naming convention for crafted items
- Fixed an issue where AI were not spawning in certain regions/worlds
Download free New World game update for PC.