Fixed a bug that allowed the Well Fed buff to stack from different tiers and types of food. The most recent instance of the buff will now replace any previous versions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Weapon Coating items from being consumed properly when used.
- Increased scaling of Leeching perks on rings and weapons from a range of 0.5% – 1.5% damage converted to health on hit to a range of 1% – 5%.
- Increased the efficiency of the Freedom, Vigor, and Invigorate debuff reduction perks from a range of 3% – 5% based on gear score (GS) to a range of 3% – 8%.
- Decreased the cooldown of the Keen Speed perk (which grants haste on critical hits) from 10s to 5s, and increased haste duration from 2s to 3s.
- Increased the Poisoning, Blood Letting, Burning, Crippling, Enfeebling, and Infected effect duration on ring perks from a range of 3% – 7% to a range of 5% – 15%.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Chain Elemental perks to damage invulnerable characters.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Chain Elemental perks to strike downed or dead targets.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Corrupted Bane perk to scale higher than other Bane perks.
- Fixed a bug that caused Chain Elemental perks to trigger from the initial impact of the Great Axe Gravity Well skill.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Hearty perk was incorrectly giving a bonus to strike damage.
- Increased the healing bonus of the light equip load from 20% to 30%, and increased the healing bonus for medium equip load from 10% to 15%.
- Jumping and traversal are now disabled when navigation is disabled (such as when hit with a Root effect).
- Updated the vault camera to smooth out the motion.
- Updated jump in place to allow translation while in air.
- Fixed various animation bugs alongside a variety of issues to smooth out general navigation.
- Fixed an issue where attacking while sliding could cause a player to get stuck in an unnatural slide animation.
- Fixed an issue where jumping could cancel area of effect (AoE) aiming on some abilities.
- Fixed an issue where traversing with autorun had a slight movement pause.
- Fixed an issue where player animation appeared to stutter when the transition to sprint finishes.
- Fixed an issue where the sprinting jump noticeably slowed the player when landing.
- Fixed an issue where the Shield could fail to sheathe properly after queuing certain actions.
- Fixed an issue where weapon swapping while gathering could cause the player to not have the correct weapons equipped or perform attack animations properly.
- Fixed an issue where players could become unresponsive if they blocked while running and trying to crouch.
- Fixed an issue where drinking a consumable while performing a gathering action would break the player’s consuming animation.
- Fixed an issue where the camera moved along with crouching/ prone actions if player used those buttons while Harvesting or Skinning.
- Fixed an issue where spamming prone could get weapon sheathe out of sync.
- Fixed an issue with player movement issues when attempting to place a camp while mid-air.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass collision when taking weapon out while prone.
- Fixed an issue where animations could stutter when running after executing multiple attacks with certain weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the player was able to clip through outcropping collision by using certain abilities while prone.
- Fixed an issue where players rotated incorrectly when entering sprint from moving backward and sprinting from Shield Rush.
- Fixed an issue where autorun would not stop while attempting to place a camp.
- Fixed an issue where players could use Strength to scale unarmed attacks after prone and jump spam.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes become unable to execute heavy attacks out of the prone position when a magic weapon was equipped.
- Fixed an exploit by preventing gathering while in duels so players can no longer duel to avoid durability damage while gathering.
ATTRIBUTE THRESHOLD BONUS
- Reduced the damage reduction provided by the 250 Constitution bonus from 80% to 60%.
- Fixed a bug that caused the 250 Constitution bonus cooldown to trigger on a blocked hit.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from dodge canceling out of attacks during an ability’s recovery window when the 250 strength bonus was active.
- Fixed an issue causing 2H Melee and Magic Staff dodge rolls to have a smaller invulnerability window than the other weapon types.
- Fixed inconsistent cancel timings between dodges of different weapon types.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a backwards dodge to result in a small teleport.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to not take damage from an AoE if they dodged into the affected area.
- Structures are now immune to buffs and debuffs that logically wouldn’t affect the siege weapon and deployable structures.
- Disabled player collision on Inferno Traps due to players occasionally getting stuck on them.
- Made it so player cant deal damage to other players with weapon abilities through Fort Gates and War Camp gates.
- Reduced the power of battle bread from +15% damage and defense to +5% damage and defense.
- Reduced the damage reduction on the baroness buff from 25% to 15%.
- Reduced the damage and defense on the commander tent from +5%/+7.5%/+15% to +3%/+6%/+9%.
NOTABLE BUG FIXES
- Backstab: Fixed a bug that could cause backstab to trigger when attacking players from the front.
- On Block: Fixed a bug that caused some weapon mastery passives that state they trigger “On Block” to trigger against unblockable attacks.
- Cooldown Timers: Fixed an issue where various passives and perks cooldown timers were being removed when swapping weapons or unequipping gear.
Our goal with with some of the changes below is to make the power of Juggernaut weapon mastery tree stand out a bit more from the Crowd Crusher tree, and funnel some of the power of Shockwave’s Rend to the Armor Breaker’s Rend.
- Armor Breaker
- Lasting Trauma: Increased Rend effectiveness from 15% to 20%
- Opening Act: Increased bonus damage from 15% to 25%
- Adjusted Armor Breaker’s hit box to make it easier to hit enemies on inclines or that have been knocked down.
- Mighty Gavel
- Increased damage scaling from 160% to 170%.
- Reduced the cooldown from 22s to 20s.
- Justice For All: Increased damage scaling from 200% to 220%.
- Wrecking Ball
- Increased damage from 120% to 130%.
- Safety Measures: Increased Fortify buff duration from 4s to 7s.
- Clear Out
- Swing Away: Fixed an issue where this upgrade was less efficient when striking multiple targets.
- Sundering Shockwave (Item Perk): Reduced the maximum Rend effectiveness from 20% to 10%.
- Path of Destiny
- Leeching Path Of Destiny (Item Perk): Fixed a bug that prevented this perk from working when the Stimulated Reduction modifier was equipped.
- Exhaustive Attacks: Increased stamina regeneration penalty applied by the Exhausted debuff from 15% to 20%
The purpose of the Life Staff adjustments are to move some of the healing power into the light and medium equip loads while reducing some of the power of the tanky healing builds. We also want to make it easier to properly target and heal the correct group members.
- Reduced base healing by 20% across the board to account for the increase in healing from equip load
- Targeting Adjustments
- Normalized all targeted healing spells (and target lock-on) to have a max range of 25 meters.
- Added out of range targeted healing functionality:
- Group UI will change color when the target is out of range.
- If the target moves out of range, the spell will cancel instead of casting targeting yourself.
- Trying to cast a targeted heal on an out of range target will display a “target is out of range” notification.
- Fixed an issue where targeted heals activated by using the ability key would not perform a direct heal on the intended target.
- Sacred Ground
- Fixed an issue where the Life Staff Sacred Ground VFX and tooltip stated it lasted longer than the actual duration.
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Sacred Ground fortify perk from 3% – 15% to 3% – 10%.
- Reduced Holy Ground stamina and mana regeneration from 100% to 50%.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the healing from this skill to be stacked from multiple sources if they were using different ability upgrades.
- Splash of Light
- Increased the efficiency of Life Staff’s Splash of Light ability from 40% to 60%.
- Increased the efficiency of Splash of Light’s Shared Recovery Upgrade from 3% to 5%.
- Orb of Protection
- Fixed an issue where the Shared Protection effect was being refreshed by the healing applied by Protector’s Blessing.
- Mending Protection (Item Perk): This perk’s functionality has been changed. Instead of triggering if the target does not have any active buffs, it now triggers if the target healed by Orb of Protection is under 50% health.
- Light’s Embrace
- Increased the efficiency of Light’s Embrace Connection Upgrade from 1% to 2%.
- Blessed (Item Perk): Reduced healing bonus effectiveness from a range of 10% – 30% to a range of 5% – 20%.
We wanted to buff the Throwing Axe tree to make it more useful, buff the Infected Throw ability to make it more viable as an anti-healing ability, and improve the buffering for heavy attacks to make them more consistent to use. We also worked to resolve issues that resulted in missed hits.
- Fixed an issue where Aimed Throw could be used to cancel basic attacks at any time.
- Fixed an issue causing heavy attacks to not buffer properly, resulting in some attack transitions not functioning.
- Fixed an issue causing player’s homed in on a target, the player would be moved to a spot far enough away from the target that the hits could miss due to the hitbox sizes being a bit smaller than the distance the player would be from the target.
- Fixed an issue where activating Berserk would consume the Relentless Fury and Accumulated Power empower buffs.
- Feral Rush
- Fixed an issue where Feral Rush could be triggered without a cooldown in settlements.
- Raging Torrent
- Fixed an issue where some attacks could miss.
- Infected Throw
- Increased disease and weakness duration from 5s to 10s.
- Mortal Power: Increased bonus duration on low health targets from 8s to 15s.
- Aerial Transmission: Increased the duration of the AoE cloud from 3s to 6s.
- Rending Throw
- Reduced cooldown from 15s to 8s.
- Defy Death
- Fixed an issue where the Defy Death ultimate cooldown timer was removed when a player died.
- Fixed an issue with the great axe reap incorrectly triggering a breakout dodge.
- Gravity Well
- Fixed an issue causing the Gravity Well’s slow effect to not always be removed if a player was able to get out of the effect area, resulting in the effect lasting up to 2s longer than intended.
- Fixed issue where the Gravity Well tooltip wasn’t listing the melee damage caused by the ability if Gravity Well is used in close proximity to a target.
- Added Grit to Whirlwind.
- Fortifying Whirlwind (Item Perk): Fixed an issue where this perk applied too many stacks of Fortify.
- Heavy Pull: Fixed an issue where heavy attacks had incorrect hit boxes when this passive was equipped.
- The Gravity passive no longer increases the duration of all pulls. We updated the ability to now apply Root for 0.25s to targets hit by a pull.
- Bow Primary Attack
- Fixed an issue that allowed consecutive primary attacks to be fired faster than intended.
- Updated descriptions for Rain of Arrows, Poison Shot and Splinter Shot to indicate that they cannot headshot.
- Fixed an issue with several Bow abilities not benefiting from increased damage from higher tier arrows.
- Evade Shot
- Go the Distance: This upgrade now applies haste at the end of the ability, rather than at the start, so that the buff duration is not partially lost during the skill animation.
- Poison Shot
- Reduced cooldown of Poison Shot from 35s to 30s.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Poison Shot to go on cooldown without the ability being fired.
- Rapid Shot
- Reduced cooldown from 20s to 14s.
- Rapid Accuracy: Fixed an issue where this upgrade would not reduce the cooldown if the last arrow of Rapid Shot killed the enemy.
- Rain of Arrows
- Rain of Arrows no longer hits enemies through doors.
- Fixed an issue where hip-firing with the bow was triggering the Heightened Precision passive from the Musket ability tree.
Our main goal of the Sword/Shield updates were to make the Leaping Strike ability feel better and to improve the buffering for heavy attacks to make them more consistent.
- Fixed an issue where basic attack buffers and cancels weren’t working properly during the Sword heavy attack.
- Fixed an issue where the fully-charged Sword heavy attack had different timings than the regular heavy attack.
- Shield Rush
- Improved Rush: Increased Weaken duration from 4s to 10s.
- Leaping Strike
- Reduced cooldown from 25s to 18s.
- Increased damage scaling from 135% to 150%.
- Sped up the recovery after using Leaping Strike to make it easier to transition into other attacks.
- Cowardly Punishment: Updated the description to include the slow percentage value.
We updated the Fire Staff to reduce some of the effectiveness of standard attacks due to how powerful they felt in comparison to certain abilities, and updated some abilities to feel more impactful.
- Pillar of Fire
- Increased damage scaling from
134% to 170%.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire targets the caster when activated using the ability key.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire failed to trigger Runes of Helios when activated using the ability key.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pillar Of Fire to hit twice against targets near the edge of the effect radius.
- Meteor Shower
- Fixed an issue where Runes of Helios triggered on targeting Meteor Shower rather than on casting it.
- Added additional clarity that the Fireball ability is not able to crit. Previously it would show the crit damage color, but not actually deal increased damage. It will no longer show orange damage numbers, and an additional tooltip was added.
- Flame Thrower
- Increase damage scaling from 34% to 50%.
- Clear Casting: Reduced damage bonus from 10% to 5%.
- Clear Mind: Reduced empower effectiveness from 10% to 5%.
- Runes of Helios: Reduced damage bonus from 30% to 25%.
- Prophet of a Fire God: Reduced crit damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Reduced the crit chance bonus from 15% to 10%.
- Fixed an issue where crit chance was increased for standard attacks and not just abilities.
- Pyromania: Reduced damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Kindle: Fixed an issue causing Kindle to increase buff duration by the incorrect amount.
- Reheat: Reduced the time (without activating an ability) to trigger Reheat from 6s to 4s.
- Updated the Singe and Watch it Burn passives to mix up the functionality:
- Singe went from inflicting Burn on critical hits to triggering Burn on light attacks.
- Watch it Burn now inflicts burn on critical hits from abilities only.
Our goal was to buff and adjust some of the lesser-used abilities to make a wider selection of abilities feel viable.
- Adjusted the distance the player moved towards the target when doing a heavy attack. The heavy attack was pulling the user too close previously, resulting in the Deadly Reach passive not being able to trigger consistently.
- Coup de Grace:
- Increased damage scaling from 125% to 150%.
- This attack is now flagged as Heavy, allowing it to trigger Heavy-related passives.
- Increased bleed damage from 10% to 20%
- Increased damage scaling from 70% to 80%
- Fixed a bug which caused the passive Continuous Motion to not reduce the cooldown of Perforate.
- Increased damage scaling from 110% to 130%
- Vault Kick
- Fixed an issue where Vault Kick’s cooldown began 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the ability going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early, even if it didn’t hit.
Our goal with the Ice Gauntlet was to tone down the effectiveness of some of the maxed out combinations of abilities while still maintaining their individual usefulness.
- Heavy Attack – Increased heavy attack start up and recovery time to make it consistent with other magic weapons heavy attack timing.
- New World update 1.1 fixed an issue where Ice Gauntlet movement while attacking was faster than other magic weapons.
- Fixed an issue where basic attacks on the Ice Gauntlet could sometimes shoot through an enemy without dealing damage if they were too close.
- Ice Storm
- Increased time between damage ticks from 0.25s to 0.33s
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm did no damage if the player had the Unending Thaw item perk.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm didn’t do damage to enemies immune to slow.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm stopped if the caster swapped to their other active weapon.
- Ice Spike
- Fixed an issue where Ice Spike displayed a cast timer despite being cast instantly.
- Wind Chill
- Increased damage scaling per tick from 16% to 20%.
- Ice Shower
- Increased cooldown from 20s to 30s.
- Entombed players can no longer be healed.
- Reduced health of the Tomb to 50% of players max health.
- Reduced damage of breakout burst attack from 168% to 70%.
- Fixed an issue where invulnerability on Entomb could be removed while the Tomb was still active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move while Entombed after dying.
- Ice Pylon
- Increased Pylon health by 20%.
- Added a max lifetime of 45 seconds to the Ice Pylon.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Pylon could consume mana but wouldn’t activate on slopes, terrain, or off a ledge.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place multiple Ice Pylons at a time by dying and being revived.
- Fixed an issue with the Ice Pylon targeting neutral players or AI enemies during a 1v1 Duel.
- Ultimate Chill
- Reduced Ultimate Chill’s bonus damage from 35% to 25%.
- Fixed an issue where Ultimate Chill’s ability would not apply to enemies in some cases.
- Updated Ultimate Chill tooltip wording to better clarify its functionality.
- Critical Frost: Reduced critical change bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Energized Critical: Reduced critical damage bonus from 15% to 10%.
- Heavy Freeze
- Added a 5 second cooldown to the freeze effect.
- Fixed an issue that allowed enemies with this passive to root players standing in their own Ice Storm.
- Fixed an issue where the Iced Refresh item perk could activate on both downing and killing a player. Now it triggers only on downing.
Fixed an issue where Tondo, Flourish, and Fleche had their cooldown begin 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the abilities going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early even if it did not hit.
- Improved the homing of Flurry to fix an issue where subsequent attacks would frequently miss or be hard to hit.
- Overwhelm: Fixed an issue where this upgrade was incorrectly applying stamina damage instead of just block damage.
- Reduced cooldown from 11s to 6s.
- And Again: Fixed an issue that caused this upgrade to only function on blocking targets.
- Cooldown reduced from 20s to 12s.
- Base Stun duration increased from 1.5s to 2s.
- Lasting Consequence: Stun duration increased from 2s to 2.5s
- Momentum: Increased bonus damage from 25% to 30%.
- Swiftness: Fixed an issue where this passive was granting haste from bleed damage ticks instead of actual weapon hits.
Similar to the balance updates of other weapons, our goal was to buff and adjust some of the lesser-used abilities to make a wider selection of abilities feel viable.
- Increased Musket base damage by 2.5%
- New World 1.1 fixed an issue where the Musket could not be reloaded after dodge rolling then triggering autorun.
- Fixed an issue where reloading would not automatically resume after an interruption when the player was aiming.
- Fixed an issue where musket overcharged shots were not being consumed while hip-firing when crouched.
- Traps can no longer can be triggered by players in Death’s Door.
- Sticky Bomb
- Increased damage from 175% to 235%.
- Stopping Power
- Reduced cooldown from 18s to 15s.
- Power Shot
- Reduced cooldown from 15s to 12s.
- Shooter’s Stance
- Reduced cooldown from 20s to 18s.
- Players can now exit Shooter’s Stance by pressing sprint, the ability key, dodge, Esc, or releasing RMB.
- Critical Reload
- Fixed an issue that caused this passive to function inconsistently.
- New AI enemies
- New Lost enemies
- Withered Swarmancer
- Withered Beetle
- Lost Shaman
- Lost Alligator Pet
- Ancient Guardian
- Corrupted Villager Updates
- The Strong Corrupted Laborer has put down his pickaxe and picked up some weights— now looking larger than ever.
- Villagers have had their attack sets reviewed and reworked to better differentiate them.