Monster Hunter World update 4.00 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is now available for download. According to the official Monster Hunter World 4.00 patch notes, the new update brings back elder dragon – Lunastra. The Empress of Flame returns with new tricks and unique abilities to challenge even the most seasoned hunters. Not only is she more aggressive than her male companion Teostra, but her capacity to alter the environment around her is unmatched. In addition, Monster Hunter World version 4.00 update has added various bug fixes and improvements. The update size is around 570MB on PS4 and Xbox One.
Previously, a big update was released with new dragon Kulve Taroth. Check out full details below.
Monster Hunter World update 4.00 Patch Notes
- LunastraA rare female Elder Dragon that litters the air with hot blue dust. Reports of it traveling with her mate, Teostra.
A Brand-New Specialized Tool: the Temporal Mantle!
- Nullifies damage from powerful attacks by automatically evading.
Major Additions and Changes in Monster Hunter World 4.00
- You will now also discover investigations for tempered monsters when hunting a tempered monster or breaking its parts.
- You can now change armor pigments and layered armor at all item boxes found within Astera (except the Training Area) or the Research Base.
- It’s now easier to successfully pet the Poogie.
- The camera will not be forcibly moved by Scoutfly guidance when arriving at camp at the start of a quest.
- The trophy conditions for “Monster Ph.D.” were updated to no longer include monsters added in free title updates.
With this design change, you can now unlock the trophy by speaking to Ecological Research if you’ve already maxed out the research levels for the original lineup of monsters.
- Regarding the problem of the new guild card lighting system introduced in Ver. 2.00 affecting the appearance of a player’s character, the light settings have been adjusted to make it look similar to the lighting before Ver. 1.06.
- Fixed a bug where only medals, not trophies, would be unlocked when ending the game while it is processing unlocked trophies and medals at the result screen. With this fix, if you have unlocked a medal but not a trophy, it will be unlocked the next time you get to a result screen.
- Monster Hunter World update 4.00 fixed a bug where Kulve Taroth’s broken horn cutscene was interrupted and the siege could not be completed when Kulve Taroth’s horns took separate damage right at the time they were completely broken off.
- Fixed a bug where Kulve Taroth would go into an attack phase in area 1 and would not move to the next area, resulting in the siege becoming impossible to complete.
- Fixed a bug where the siege of Kulve Taroth would end when a member of the siege goes to another quest, expedition or to the training area. This has been fixed so the siege can be continued.
- MH World update 4.00 fixed a bug that occurs during the “Banquet in the Earthen Hall” quest when you open your Hunter’s Notes while in the tent just as Kulve Taroth’s horns are completely broken, causing the battle music to continue playing while the quest complete music plays on top of it.
- Fixed terrain-related bugs in some locales.
- Fixed a bug where a player would get an infinite buff under certain criteria upon a successful Foresight Slash.
- Fixed a phenomenon where specific controls would allow you to link the Charge Blade’s Super Amped Element Discharge into an Amped Element Discharge. This was unintended and after considering how it affects the game’s balance, it has been removed.
- Monster Hunter World version 4.00 fixed a bug that allowed the player to face in a direction other than the reticle just before Wyvernheart is fired.
- Fixed a bug that caused Gastodon to spot players in their territory even when wearing a Ghillie Mantle or hiding in bushes.
- Fixed an issue where gestures could be performed when afflicted with any five elemental blights, blastblight, bleeding, but could not be performed when poisoned or afflicted with effluvium.
- Monster Hunter World 4.00 update fixed a bug where food skills would not be reflected on your Palico when joining a quest as a guest after eating at base.
- Fixed a bug where the lighting on the two guns in the Devil May Cry Dual Guns gesture was not applied properly, making them look they were floating.
- Monster Hunter World patch 4.00 fixed a bug where the Elderseal value for the weapon Taroth Buster “Decay” was set to “None”. It has now been changed to “Mid”.
- Due to a data error, Taroth Strongarm “King” (Rarity 7) parameters were the same as King Gold Cutter (Rarity 6) in all areas except for number of augmentation slots. The Taroth Strongarm “King” has been updated with the following values.
Elemental Value: Fire 12 > Fire 18
Affinity: 20 > 30
- Due to a data error, Felyne Lavasioth Helm α’s elemental resistance had the same values as Felyne Uragaan Helm α. The following values are now applied to Felyne Lavasioth Helm α.
Fire Resistance: 4 > 3
Water Resistance: -3 > -3
Thunder Resistance: 1 > -1
Ice Resistance: -2 > 1
Dragon Resistance: -2 > 3
- The Felyne Azure Star series was mistakenly marked as rarity 2 from Ver. 2.00 and onward. It has now been reverted back to rarity 3.
- Monster Hunter World version 4.00 fixed a bug where a beard set on a female character during character creation would not appear when equipping the Kulve Taroth β armor set.
- The following bugs related to armor appearance have been fixed.
1. Some visual bugs affecting the female Azure Starlord Armor α were fixed.
2. Some visual bugs affecting the female Rathalos Coil β and Rath Soul Coil β armor were fixed.
3. Some visual bugs affecting the female Vaal Hazak Braces α armor were fixed.
4. Hair pops out less now while wearing the female Xeno’jiiva Headgear α/β, Vaal Hazak Helm α, Jyura Helm α, and Blossom Headgear α armor.
5. Hair pops out less now while wearing the male Butterfly Vertex (Low Rank, α and β) and Kirin Horn α armor.
- The following text bugs were fixed in Traditional Chinese.
1. Kulve Taroth’s name in Chinese has been changed.
2. Caverns of El Dorado’s translated name was inconsistent, so it has been normalized as “地脈黃金鄉”.
- In all languages except Japanese, Korean and Traditional Chinese, the following bugs were fixed.
1. There was a mistranslation when checking the abilities of the Recoil Suppressor while customizing the bowgun at the Smithy, causing an undesired result.
The translation has been fixed, and the Recoil Suppressor abilities are now displayed correctly.
2. Monster Hunter World 4.00 fixed abug where alert info for breaking Kulve Taroth’s right and left gold tail plating were reversed.
- The following bugs were fixed in French with MHunter World update 4.00.
1. Tough-skinned Fruit and Crimson Fruit were both translated as “Fruits”. They are now translated as “Piridions” and “Fruits”.
2. In the wildlife map, the “Bonus : Champignons” and “Bonus : Fleurs” messages were reversed. They have now been fixed.
3. Performing the encore “Protection ouïe (P) / Anti-bourrasque : durée étendue” with a Kulve Taroth hunting horn caused an incorrect message containing “Earplugs (G)” to display. This has been fixed to display the correct message.
Note that the actual hunting horn effect has not changed.
Check your game update and download the latest Monster Hunter World update 4.00.