Monster Hunter World Update 2.00 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One. The new Monster Hunter World 2.00 comes with a new monster – Deviljho. If you able to beat this monster, you can craft 2 complete armor sets—Vangis α and Vangis β. In addition, Monster Hunter World patch 2.00 also added game stability and performance improvements. The first seasonal event: the Spring Blossom Fest will also kick off with this update.
Deviljho is a fearsome Brute Wyvern which can wreak some serious havoc and bring massive headaches to any unsuspecting hunters… but those who fell this violent beast will be handsomely rewarded. Bring Deviljho materials to the Workshop and they’ll be able to craft 2 complete armor sets—Vangis α and Vangis β—as well as a new entry in each of the 14 existing weapon types, including brand new Deviljho designs for Sword and Shield, Hunting Horn, Bow, Insect Glaive and Charge Blade!
What’s New in Monster Hunter World Update 2.00?
NEW MONSTER “Deviljho”
Metabolism is intense and you need to keep eating, and you are constantly walking in search of prey. It is very violent, it is said to swing around large monsters. Another name “Terror dragon”.
Main additional functions
- Optimize the loading process and reduce load waiting time.
- Added “Exclude from meeting area” function in the member list.
- Added “Subtitle Size” change item to the start menu.
- Monster Hunter World 2.00 added “Return to the meeting area (return to the meeting area after leaving, in case of multiplayer)” to the return destination selection from the quest.
- Change so that attacks from fellow hunters do not hit during peeling motion.
- Monster For the guide level that rises according to the research level of, the amount of decrease in gauge for each quest elapsed is relaxed.
Weapon Balance in Monster Hunter World 2.00
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: Monster Hunter World patch 2.00 added improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active
- Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase
- Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use
- Gunlance: Monster Hunter World patch 2.00 reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
- Insect Glaive: Monster Hunter World version 2.00 added improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length
- Bow: Monster Hunter World patch 2.00 fixed various bugs
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Foresight Slash — Time window to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Hitbox to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Damage hitbox increased.
- Foresight Slash — Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.
- Spirit Helm Breaker — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
Sword & Shield
- Roundslash — Damage increased.
- Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.
- Demon Gauge — Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.
- Demon Mode — Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 3 — Charged Big Bang stun values increased.
- The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now “Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention”).
- Counter-thrust — Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.
- Shelling — Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or worse.
- Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks.
- Wyrmstake Cannon — Damage increased.
- Wyvern’s Fire — Damage increased.
- Zero Sum Discharge — Level 4 Earplugs effect during use.
- It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher — Damaged increased.
- Mounted Discharge Finisher — No longer causes sharpness loss.
- Zero Sum Discharge — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
- Impact Phials — Attack power bonuses from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions) were decreased.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Stun values decreased for Impact Phials.
- Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.
- Elemental values increased for Power Element Phials.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit.
- Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.
- Extract effect times increased overall.
- Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster.
- Dashing Shot — Fixed a bug where the Spread/Power Shots skill effect was applied twice.
- Dragon Piercer — Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack’s angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack’s angle limitations.
Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun
- No adjustments were made.
GAME SYSTEM ADDITIONAL AND CHANGES
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the feature “Kick from Online Session” to the player list.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- In the “Online Session” menu, the name for the menu command “Squad Session Search” was changed to “Create/Search for a Squad Session” (the functionality is unchanged).
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Slightly reduced the amount that the Scoutfly Level (which is tied to monster research levels) gauge decreases after each quest.
Recently, patch 1.06 was released to address various gameplay issues.
Check your game update and download the latest Monster Hunter World update 2.00.