MLB The Show 21 version 1.09 (1.009.000) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One players. According to the official MLB The Show 21 update 1.09 changelog, the latest update added some minor gameplay changes. Apart from this, MLB 21 patch 1.009 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a minor update added some minor changes to the game. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues with the game.
MLB 21 1.09 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
MLB The Show 21 update 1.09 Patch Notes
- All versions of Legends Ivan Rodriguez, Johnny Bench, and Gary Carter will now have the Pop Time quirk. NOTE: The quirk will show in the player item tab after the content deployment on 6/22/21 (around noon PT)
ONLINE HEAD TO HEAD
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a player had card open on screen when the other player quits
- Fixed an issue where home run replays would not play if the opponent is pressing X (PlayStation) / A (Xbox)
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when exiting Showdown from the program menu
- Fixed an issue that could trap players in a pause menu following a pitcher injury
- Changed the Friendly Quit accept button from Square (PlayStation) / X (Xbox) to X (PlayStation) / A (Xbox)
- Fixed an issue where a runner would get a free base when stealing, if the batter was hit with the pitch during a late bunt attempt
- Fixed a bug that would cause players to “freeze” when a user would intentionally walk several batters and step off and throw to home
There are no hitting or gameplay balance changes in this update.
- Plate Appearances will now populate on the jumbotrons in American Family Field and Busch Stadium
- Fixed an issue where the ball could slip through the wall in Angel Stadium
- Fixed a collision issue around the left field foul pole in American Family Field that would sometimes cause a foul ball being “warped” back into the stadium
ROAD TO THE SHOW
- Various fixes and adjustments made to cameras and presentations in the locker rooms
- Stats accrued by simming will no longer count towards program progression
- Notable stats will now appear on Jumbotrons
- Players are now eligible for rewards if they are on the Injured List at the end of the season
- Fixed an issue that would cause the default stadium image to show in the Stadium Assignment menu
- Fixed an issue where the “Make Trade” option was not displaying for some trade-eligible players in the Player Search screen
- The first game in the second half of the AA season was being erroneously called “Opening Day”
- The post-game mission list is now scrollable showing all missions that have progressed, and will no longer show missions for programs already completed
- The bottom ticker will no longer appear inside any of the quick menus in game
- The pause menu will no longer pop up during post game highlight reel
- Other various UI tweaks and fixes
- Various miscellaneous crash fixes
- Various updates to Play by Play commentary
Download free MLB The Show 21 update 1.009 on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One.