Mini Motorways update (August 24, 2021) is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Mini Motorways patch notes, the latest update brings the quality of life improvements and bug fixes. In addition, today’s Mini Motorways patch also fixed an issue where the game gets stuck on the initial loading screen.
Previously, a big update added various bug fixes and changes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing several issues.
Today’s Mini Motorways patch will fix a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Mini Motorways Patch Notes (August 24, 2021)
- Fixed the issue where the game would get stuck on the initial loading screen and nothing was visible but the spinning loading icon.
- Fixed the situation where some players were only seeing a black screen, but could still hear and interact with the game. We have added in OpenGL support for when players don’t support DirectX 11 or Metal.
- Similar to above, players who are experiencing crashes when they play can now set the launch options to -force-glcore to force the game to start up in OpenGL.
Fixed the bug with achievements which prevented them from occasionally unlocking. Any achievements you’ve unlocked will be retroactively awarded on Steam when you launch the game.
- Fixed a car stalling bug that could happen when a car tried to do a u-turn on a mothballed lane.
- Stretched out the End of Week upgrade screen transition animation to help minimise chance for players to accidentally select an upgrade before you can read the options.
Added a popup on the Map Select screen for when you try to play a game while you’ve already got a saved game in progress. This should reduce the number of instances where players accidentally overwrite an in-progress game.
Three-way intersections now count properly as intersections and cars will slow down accordingly when passing through them. The fact that they did not before was a bug rather than an intentional design choice.
- Increased base intersection speed slightly – this is to help counterbalance the change to three-way intersections.
- Tweaks to how often certain upgrades are offered.
- Rebalanced traffic lights to change faster / more frequently so as to be more effective. Cars that observe the American red light right hand turn rules no longer effect traffic light change decisions.
- Balance passes on both Manila and Rio to continue to spawn destinations late-game and avoid a plateau which can lead to infinitely looping games – there was a bug in spawn behaviour that was causing spawns to appear less frequently than on other maps.
Download free Mini Motorways patch on PC (Steam).