Minecraft update 2.30 will soon roll out on PS4 and PC. According to the official Minecraft 2.30 PS4 patch notes, the latest Bedrock update added gameplay optimizations, bug fixes, and tweaks. Apart from this, Minecraft version 2.30 also includes general stability fixes.
Previously, update added various quality of life changes and fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing a number of issues with the game.
Today’s Minecraft version 2.30 will fix a few of these issues.
What is new in Minecraft 2.30 Patch Notes?
Caves & Cliffs Experimental Features
Multi Noise World Generation
- New and improved terrain and biome generation algorithm that creates more natural terrain and biome transitions.
- Added surface decoration that detects the difference between when blocks are generated underwater and underground.
- Introduces large ore veins to world generation adding more strategy to mining.
- Added noodle caves to world generation, creating small pathways between bigger caves.
- Introduces the possibility of dry cave entrances that make it easier to access the new noise caves.
- Added a new algorithm that finds suitable spawn positions closer to origin.
- Added logic to save and load SubChunks by absolute Y index to support data-driven dimension height ranges.
Non-Experimental Features and Bug Fixes
- Campfires and Soul Campfires now stack in the inventory.
- Candle now drops when Candle Cake is pushed by a Piston.
- Collecting Fish or Axolotl no longer immediately releases them.
- Renamed Structure Blocks will no longer have the incorrect data mode on creation.
- Fall damage is no longer applied when falling into Scaffolding.
- Fixed missing rightmost outline pixels on Signs when using §l for wide letters and Glow Ink Sac.
- The Thorns enchantment now does Knockback to mobs.
- Tweaked Iron Golem spawning logic to better match the Java Edition.
- Crimson Roots now have a small chance of growing on Warped Nylium blocks when using Bone Meal.
- The ‘/spawnpoint’ command can now be used while the player is sleeping and outputs success when setting to the player’s existing spawnpoint.
- Fixed “CR” characters incorrectly appearing at the end of lines for some display languages.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Sign In button to appear behind the Marketplace button.
- Addressed the Noto Sans Smooth font on Windows and Xbox platforms with the Japanese locale to address legibility and usage of correct characters.
Download and play free Minecraft update 2.30 on PlayStation 4.