Minecraft update 1.79 for PS3 is now rolling out for players. According to the official Minecraft 1.79 patch notes, the new update has added the Shadows Skin Pack. In addition, the Minecraft version 1.79 also includes gameplay and various other under the hood improvements.
A previous a big Aquatic update was released which added shipwrecks, Coral Reefs, Icebergs, underwater Ruins, underwater Caves/Ravines, Buried Treasure to world generation much more. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Minecraft PS3 1.79 update is expected to fix all these issues.
Minecraft Update 1.79 for PS3 Patch Notes
- Minecraft version 1.79 added From the Shadows Skin Pack.
- Fix for Save Game Corruption when Exiting without Saving in certain circumstances.
- Fix for Music Discs not playing in the Blu-Ray version.
- Fix for MCCE-8127 – Dropping Anvil ON TO a Sea Pickle crashes the game.
- Minecraft 1.79 PS3 added a fix for MCCE #7918 – Seagrass not spawning in Rivers and Swamp biomes.
- Fix for MCCE #7923 – Mushroom remain floating when their supporting block is destroyed.
- Minecraft version 1.79 fix for MCCE #8011 – Water Dispensers do not pick up water from a waterlogged block, instead they fire out the empty bucket.
- Added a fix with Minecraft 1.79 for Supferflat worlds with a large number of transparent blocks and Woodland Mansions enabled taking 20minutes to load.
Other Fixes in Minecraft 1.79 for PS3
- Minecraft PS3 1.79 added a fix for no sound effect being played when the player drops an item or a block.
- Fix for Minecarts with TNT destroying all blocks below it.
- Minecraft 1.79 added a fix for Dolphins not picking up Items and Blocks.
Minecraft update 1.79 for PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch is now available for download.