Minecraft update 1.89 for PS4 is now available rolling out for players. According to the official Minecraft 1.89 patch notes, the new update has fixed an issue in Steven Universe Mash-Up Pack as well as added various bug fixes and gameplay improvements. Apart from this, Minecraft version 1.89 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, an update was released which added Steven Universe Mash-Up Pack, new Flowers: Lily of the Valley and Cornflower, new Sign variants: Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, Dark Oak, and new Stair, Slab, and Wall variants. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Minecraft PS4 1.89 update is expected to fix all these issues.
Minecraft PS4 Update 1.89 Patch Notes
- Fix for a Zombie texture issue in Steven Universe Mash-Up Pack.
- Fix for Chests splitting apart on Chunk Boundaries – Split Chests will need to be broken and placed.
- Fixed Old Shulker Boxes Blocks loading as Purple Shulker Blocks instead of undyed.
- Fix for Dispensers not placing Shulker Boxes.
- Fix for MCCE #8829 – Nether Brick Fences required the Nether Brick Wall Recipe to be crafted.
- Fix for MCCE #8832 – Stone Slabs can be used to craft Purpur Pillars.
- Added fixes for crashing issues.
- Minecraft PS4 1.89 has added fixes for issues with the recently released packs.
- Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
- Fixed framerate drop issues with Minecraft PS4 1.89.
- Minecraft 1.89 update added performance improvements.
- Fixed some players reported glitches.
- Various other minor bug fixes with Minecraft version 1.89.
Minecraft update 1.89 is now available for download on PS4.