Minecraft 2.22 PS4 update is now rolling out for players. According to the official Minecraft 2.22 patch notes, the latest update brings the quality of life improvements. Apart from this, Minecraft 2.22 also includes stability as well as performance improvements.
Previously, a major Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition update was released with cross-platform play between the Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Gear VR and PlayStation 4.
Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Minecraft version 2.22 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Minecraft 2.22 patch notes
Crashes / Performance
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- 256x resolution packs are now restricted on Xbox One to prevent crashing
- This is a temporary solution until we have the crashing issue resolved
- Fixed a crash that could occur in certain worlds
- Split-screen will now display a message to join when the main controller is disconnected
- Realms can no longer be purchased if not logged into Xbox Live
- Players that are not linked to a Nintendo account on Switch are once again able to edit characters
- Minecraft 2.03 fixed an issue where joinable friends on Nintendo Switch were still visible after the world has been closed
- Auto-jump will no longer trigger unexpectedly when trying to walk through open doors
- Further fixes will be made in the future to allow auto-jump to work more consistently, for example, when trying to jump up one block through an open door
- Restored kelp growth to its proper, faster rate
- Bamboo in Flower Pots are no longer empty after converting a world from Editions
- Crafting multiple Honey Blocks now returns the correct amount of empty glass bottles on a 2×2 grid
- The ‘Sign In’ button is now scaled properly on all platforms
- Minecraft 2.03 for PS4 fixed placeholder text appearing on the pause menu when hosting a game without an internet connection
- Entities no longer stop moving when the ‘circle_around_anchor’ behavior is added via a component group added by an event and/or there was a block close to their hitbox
Minecraft update 2.22 for PS4 is now available for download.