Minecraft 2.01 PS4 is now available for players. According to the official Minecraft 2.01 PS4 changelog, the latest update includes a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, Minecraft version 2.01 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, a major Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition update was released which added cross-platform play between the Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Gear VR and PlayStation 4.
Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Minecraft 2.01 is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Minecraft 2.01 PS4 update details
Crashes / Performance
- Fixed several of the top crashes that occurred during gameplay, across all platforms
- Fixed a crash that occurred when signing into Xbox Live on some Android devices
- Minecraft 2.01 PS4 added a potential fix for a crash and user interface corruption that occurred after updating the game on Xbox One
- Improved performance in areas with high numbers of players
- Minecraft 2.01 increased performance when loading skins on Featured Servers
- Made several improvements to improve the stability of online features like Marketplace and access to purchased content
- Minecraft PS4 2.01 fixed errors with logging into a Microsoft Account on PlayStation®4
- Fixed some achievements and trophies unlocking for all players during a multiplayer session
- View bobbing once again behaves correctly when facing North and South
- Bees now become angry when baby bees are attacked
- Bees will now die after attacking
- Monsters no longer spawn on glass and leaves
- Minecraft PS4 2.01 fixed items disappearing when crafting several items
- Fixed some instances of milk randomly disappearing from buckets
- Fixed some Character Creator items appearing incorrectly
- Fixes to Character Creator screens when scrolling with the right thumbstick
- Minecraft version 2.01 fixed broken textures appearing after Resource Packs are deactivated
- Minecraft update 2.01 fixed the prompt that appears when split-screen guests attempt to join a multiplayer world without a Nintendo Switch Online subscription
- Fixed the Sign In button on the main menu having the wrong position and touching the edge of the screen with some languages
- Minecraft version 2.01 fixed an issue that caused some players not to be able to leave the Inventory screen on the Marketplace
- Fixed placeholder text appearing on the Resource Packs and Behavior Packs screens
- Various fixes to the user interface when using Japanese language
- Minecraft 2.01 PS4 fixed the Mario Skin Pack’s description never loading on Nintendo Switch
Minecraft update 2.01 for PS4 is now available for download.