Marvel Snap update is rolling out on PC. According to the official Marvel Snap patch notes, the latest update introduced significant enhancements, including a new Deck Builder feature, Albums for collecting variant sets, and new Emotes, alongside major balance updates and bug fixes to enhance overall gameplay experience. Apart from this, the Marvel Snap patch also includes a long list of bug fixes.
Previously, a major update added quality of life changes. Unfortunately, since the previous update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Marvel Snap patch will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Marvel Snap Patch Notes – December 5, 2023
- MARVEL SNAP Update Overview (Dec 05, 2023):
- New Features:
- Deck Builder: Simplifies deck creation, utilizing data from live games and player collections.
- Albums: Collections of variant sets offering exclusive rewards for completion.
- New Emotes: Addition of new emotes, collectible via Albums.
- Timing Adjustments: Notification about changes in the schedule of upcoming patch updates due to holiday season, with the next updates planned for December 5, 2023, and January 9, 2024.
- New Features:
- General Updates:
- Deck Builder Details:
- Offers deck suggestions based on new card acquisitions or during deck creation.
- Regular updates to the data used for suggestions.
- Albums Feature:
- Launching with four initial sets (Venomized Villains, Dan Hipp, Jim Lee X-Men, Hellfire Gala).
- Rewards for collecting 3, 6, 9, or 12 variants in an album.
- Indicators for album variants in the Shop.
- Featured Mystery Variants:
- Special variants in the Daily Offer Shop with increased chances for specific album cards.
- Emotes Expansion:
- Four new emotes added.
- Enhanced emote selector and customization options.
- Spotlight Avatar Frame:
- Unique new frame for Spotlight Avatars.
- Deck Builder Details:
- Audio Updates:
- New voiceover dialogues for characters: Hela, Ultron, Apocalypse, Infinaut, Onslaught, Arnim Zola.
- New sound effects for Swarm and updated effects for America Chavez.
- Art & Visual Effects:
- New visual effects for Swarm.
- Improved effects for Mjolnir.
- Updated visuals for America Chavez.
- Balance Updates:
- Significant reworks and adjustments to cards like America Chavez, Alioth, Luke Cage, Shadow King, Elsa Bloodstone, Kitty Pryde, Ebony Blade (Black Knight), and Ravonna Renslayer.
- Adjustments to card abilities and power to ensure a balanced gameplay experience.
- Move Update:
- Restricting movement effects to only affect revealed cards by default, with notable changes to Spider-Man and Stegron.
- Functional changes to Juggernaut and Aero to accommodate new rules.
* Cleaned up an interaction that prevented Phoenix Force’s power from being merged with a card that was already merged with Hulkbuster
- Fixed an issue that prevented a card copied from a merged Phoenix Force from moving.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from viewing unrevealed cards with Daredevil in play.
VFX & SFX Fixes in 22.x
* Resolved an issue that prevented Kingpin and Kraven’s VFX from playing under certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue where Shadowland flipping while Invisible Woman is active could cause an endless VFX loop.
- Resolved an issue that prevented SFX from playing properly when retreating from a friendly battle
- Fixed an issue that saw Nico Minoru’s VFX move on the card and obscure information
- Fixed Shuri’s VFX to no longer display for all cards hovered over the location, just the first
- Fixed an issue with Mysterio’s VFX not displaying correctly on some Android devices
- Intro animations should no longer overlap between Thanos and High Evolutionary
- Fixed an issue with Ongoing abilities delaying the merge VFX for Klyntar.
Other Fixes in 22.x
* Player Names should no longer be occasionally missing from Friendly Battle and Conquest UI elements
- “Hold to Open” and “Hold to Confirm” text should no longer overlap card and reward descriptions and assets
- Fixed some text strings related to Mission Completion that weren’t properly localized in all languages
- Card upgrade UI should now be properly scaled to fit the screen when upgrading post-match
- Resolved and issue with Card Upgrade preview not showing for Infinite rarity
- Resolved some minor UI elements that were clipping behind the spotlight cache carousel banner
- Cleaned up some elements of the splash screen that were visible across adjacent screens
- Tapping on the empty space on either side of the Avatar and Title select screen should no longer open those objects into their detail view
- Fixed Weirdworld’s background
- Resolved some overlap issues with card touch region sizes in the collection screen
- Fixed an issue that was causing Titles and Avatar assets claimed from Collector’s Caches to be duplicated and overlapping
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Hotel Inferno location to appear during the tutorial.
- Addressed a typo in the Artist information for one of Ghost Rider’s variants
- Cleaned up some of the background shader work for one of Taskmaster’s variants
- Resolved an issue with one of Scarlet Witch’s variants that caused some visible distortion at 3D and higher rarities
- Mission timers should be once again refreshing appropriately in the client
- Adjusted some FTUE and informational popups to display correctly for devices with a notch
PC Fixed Issues in 22.x
* [PC] Signing out and then back into the same Google account on PC during the same session should no longer result in various UI issues
- [PC] When going to the Shop from the Collection Screen, the reward previews for bundles should no longer show duplicate assets
- [PC] Scrolling between decks should now function correctly when changing between Landscape and Portrait in the session
- [PC] The booster logos should no longer be blurry at the post-match results screen
- [PC] Card series labels should no longer be missing from the Collection view
Known Issues List
Download the free Marvel Snap update on PC (Steam).