Nintendo has released a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update 2.1.0 on Switch. According to the official MK8Deluxe update 2.1.0 patch notes, the latest update added support for paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 2 (two cups and eight courses).
Previously, a minor update was released with some bug fixes. You can find out the details on this update below.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 2.1 Patch Notes
Support for DLC
- Now supports paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 2 (two cups and eight courses).
- Increased the number of ghosts you can download from 16 to 32.
- Adjusted the extent to which a vehicle is thrown, depending on its weight.
- Further shortened the time it takes for item boxes to regenerate after another player takes them.
- Shortened the time it takes for one player to be able to pick up a coin that another player has dropped.
- Made it so that it is easier to face the way forward in mid-air when using Smart Steering.
- The cars that the Shy Guys are riding in in Wii Coconut Mall now move from time to time in all modes other than the Time Trial mode.
- Fixed issue where player could not choose a DLC course even though a player in the lobby in “Friends” has the Booster Course Pass.
- Fixed issue where player did not receive coins even though they used the Feather in Coin Runners to steal a rival’s coins.
- Fixed issue where player could receive two items from one item box in N64 Toad’s Turnpike.
How to download the update?
- On the HOME page, press ‘+’
- Now, scroll to ‘Software Update’
- Select ‘Via the Internet’.
That way you’ll be all set when the content’s unlocked.
You can download the latest MK8Deluxe update 2.1.0 on Switch.