Maneater game update 1.09 is now rolling out for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official Maneater 1.09 patch notes, the latest patch added tweaks, bug fixes, and more. Apart from this, the new Maneater version 1.09 also includes stability improvements.
Recently, a big update was released with a long list of bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the launch, many players are experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Maneater update 1.09 fixed a few of these issues.
Read full details here.
What is new in Maneater 1.09?
- Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
- Added additional protection to keep save files from being overwritten
- Added additional protection to the save system to keep saves from corrupting
Optimization and Environmental
- Optimized environmental buildings
- Optimization done to the map menu
- Optimization and Fixes done to particles that were impacting performance on all platforms
- Fixed the large crashed tanker in the prologue having geometry with missing collision
- Fixed a case where landmark audio cues would not play
- Fixed bridge geometry in Fawtick Bayou where the player shark could become stuck
- Fixed pontoon boat next to Flamingo Joe’s having the wrong textures
- Made sure fire that was missing from some Tiki torches and statutes was relit
- Fixed several environmental collision issues
Landmark and Collectables
- Retroactive fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but did not grant progress. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area. (NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given)
Quest, Prey and Bounty Hunters
- Changed bounty hunters to no longer require diver kills to progress
- Balanced King Mackerel and Parrot Fish levels to give the same nutrients
- Fixed a situation where bounty hunter boss boats would linger after the boss and player shark had died in combat
- Fixed quest flow so that it will not break if players refuse to eat Pete’s hand
- Fixed a situation where infamy would not progress if players did not equip sonar
- Fixed a situation where the narrator would cut off Pete taunting the shark
- Fixed a situation where re-engaging bounty hunters after they had lost the player would not retrigger bounty hunter wave
- Fixed several cinematic frame issues
- Fixed a situation where multiple objectives of the same type could be selected for the waypoint
Player Shark and Combative Wildlife
- Fixed a situation where the player shark would revert to the prologue mother shark
- Fixed harpoons floating outside the shark player model without impaling it
- Fixed a situation where the shark mass in the UI would be incorrect with certain evolutions equipped
- Fixed a situation where the tiger shark skin would lose upgrades
- Fixed a situation where sharks that were knifing or above the surface and fast traveled to a grotto would be in the knifing state when they entered the grotto
- Fixed a situation where the biting player shark would bump prey away instead of biting it
- Fixed a situation where combative AI fins and limbs would shake if the player shark came close
- Fixed a situation where combative wild life would stop targeting the player if they played too long
- Fixed mother shark back of eye during a held bite, she would prefer if you did not look that closely
- Fixed loading screen hints that had incorrect text
- Updated credits
- Fixed a controller disconnection that could result in a freeze/crash and corrupt save
- Added further Dynamic Resolution adjustments to improve framerate
- Fixed an issue where disconnecting the controller or switching profile would result in the game going back to the main menu without saving
- Fixed an issue which could cause some hardware to shutdown
- Fixed trees popping in during the opening cinematic
- Fixed a situation where gore chunk geometry would stretch
- Fixed a situation where the main menu UI would not update if the player signed into Xbox Live
- Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings
- Added fixes for audio bugs.
- Fixed various crashing issues.
- Performance and stability improvements added.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Other minor under the hood fixes.
Free Maneater update 1.04 is now available for download on PlayStation 4 and PC.