Left 4 Dead 2 update 2 (July 9, 2021) is now available to download on PC. According to the official Left 4 Dead 2 patch notes, the latest update added various quality of life improvements. Apart from this, L4D2 patch 2.0 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added various bug fixes and gameplay optimizations.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s Left 4 Dead 2 patch will address a few of these errors.
Left 4 Dead 2 Patch Notes (L4D2) – July 9, 2021
An update has been released for Left 4 Dead 2.
- Fixed a crash when skipping the intro movie with a controller
- Set FOV value as archived
- Inverted brightness slider to be more intuitive
- Fixed a crash caused by an out-of-bounds memory write in the common infected shader
- Improved performance of “IsL4D1Campaign” query, and exposed the call to script
- Water slowdown is disabled only when playing L4D1 Versus or L4D1 Coop mutations in original L4D1 maps. New script variable “WaterSlowsMovement” can manage the feature for other custom modes.
- Numerous security and exploit fixes
Hotfix (July 9, 2021)
Fixed splitscreen break. One of the RCE attack vectors fixed in the previous update crossed paths with splitscreen connections. The exploit is still fixed, but splitscreen connections are now allowed to proceed as usual.
Download free Left 4 Dead 2 update 2 for PC.