League of Legends (LOL) update 11.17 is now available to download on PC players. According to the official League of Legends 11.17 patch notes, the latest update added various balancing, gameplay optimizations, bug fixes, and more. Apart from this, LOL update 11.17 will also include stability fixes.
Previously, a big update was released with various quality of life improvements and changes.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are still experiencing several issues with online gameplay. Today’s League of Legends update 11.17 will fix a few of these issues.
League of Legends 11.17 Patch Notes
LEAGUE CLIENT IMPROVEMENTS
We’re updating the web browser at the heart of the League Client! This’ll mean fewer crashes, lower memory consumption, and faster performance. It also unlocks our ability to make future improvements so there’s plenty more to come.
RP PRICING UPDATE
We’re updating RP pricing for some regions for Teamfight Tactics and League of Legends on September 8. Brazil, Latin America, Russia, and Turkey will see increased prices due to exchange rates and tax changes. From August 23 to September 8, players will receive double Bonus Currency from all RP purchases. Check the link for specific numbers and times!
E base damage decreased late; AD ratio increased. Akshan can no longer revive teammates when he’s dead. R cooldown upon cancellation decreased.
Players are still figuring out Akshan, so we’re being cautious with any changes to this charismatic rogue. We’re also cleaning up some pesky bugs and making his E-max a little less overpowered. This’ll make his AD builds more appealing while also making up for the damage loss in Q-max builds. Finally, the change to his W should give opponents a way to stop Akshan from reviving all his allies—in other words, kill him first!
W – GOING ROGUE
COUNTERPLAY Akshan can no longer claim Scoundrels when he’s dead
E – HEROIC SWING
DAMAGE PER SHOT (30/55/80/105/130 + 10% Bonus Attack Damage) x (1 + 30% Bonus Attack Speed) ⇒ (30/50/70/90/110 + 17.5% Bonus Attack Damage) x (1 + 30% Bonus Attack Speed)
R – COMEUPPANCE
COOLDOWN UPON CANCELLATION 15 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Passive – Dirty Fighting‘s second attack will more consistently complete on targets when the first attack was executed at max range
- Passive – Dirty Fighting Now correctly predicts whether the first attack will kill the target, including through shields and with Akshan’s on-hit effects
- A placeholder icon no longer appears under Akshan after gaining a shield from Passive – Dirty Fighting
- E – Heroic Swing will no longer end early on turrets
- E – Heroic Swing‘s cooldown no longer gets reset when it kills a Scarecrow Effigy from Fiddlesticks’ Passive – A Harmless Scarecrow or a clone from Shaco’s R – Hallucinate
- E – Heroic Swing no longer gets extra range if he casts spells on enemies or places wards outside of its maximum distance
- R – Comeuppance now consistently executes minions regardless of armor bonuses (like Hullbreaker or Baron Nashor)
- Addressed an issue where a single bullet from Akshan’s R – Comeuppance dealt unusually lethal damage to Yorick’s R – Eulogy of the Isles‘s Maiden
Q now has 2 charges. W damage increased early; decreased late. R stun duration no longer scales. Health and armor growth decreased.
Our sad little mummy’s been left out of high level play for ages. While there’s an easy joke here about Amumu having no friends, we wanted to address this long-standing problem and ensure he can find his way in the world of modern League. In particular, we wanted to up his engage threat in the early game where high MMR players prioritize securing small leads that can snowball into victory. One subtle benefit of 2-charge Q, beyond the obvious stuff: It reduces the pressure to spam Q on cooldown, since you aren’t “wasting” uptime by holding onto your first charge as long as the second is recharging. This creates a new avenue for skill expression: When should Amumu use both charges, and when should he hold one?
All this said, Amumu’s late game has never really been his problem. We tossed in a few nerfs to his later scaling to even out his newly-increased potential to get ahead early. From a raw stats perspective, he’ll be innately weaker at higher levels, but now he’ll get there faster and have more items when he does.
HEALTH GROWTH 80 ⇒ 75
ARMOR GROWTH 3.8 ⇒ 3.5
Q – BANDAGE TOSS
NEWLET’S PLAY AGAIN SOMETIME Amumu now has 2 charges of Q
DAMAGE 80/130/180/230/280 (+70% Ability Power) ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190 (+85% Ability Power)
CHARGE COOLDOWN 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 seconds
COOLDOWN BETWEEN CASTS 3 seconds (not reduced by Ability Haste)
REMOVEDORIGINAL COOLDOWN 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
W – DESPAIR
As a reminder, W ticks twice per second, so each tick deals half the listed damage below!
BASE DAMAGE PER SECOND 8/12/16/20/24 ⇒ 12/16/20/24/28
MAX HEALTH DAMAGE PER SECOND 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2% (+0.5% per 100 AP) of target’s maximum health ⇒ 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6% (+0.5% per 100 AP) of target’s maximum health
R – CURSE OF THE SAD MUMMY
STUN DURATION 1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
Passive damage against monsters increased.
Ekko is played more in the jungle than in mid lane, yet jungle Ekko is languishing in terms of power. We’re juicing up his jungle clear speed to help him shatter more camps in less… time.
PASSIVE – Z-DRIVE RESONANCE
INCREASED DAMAGE VS MONSTERS 150% ⇒ 200%
R cooldown decreased.
Eve’s been left in the dark by recent nerfs to her early core items like Lich Bane and Dark Seal. We’re lowering the cooldown on her ultimate early so our lovely demon lady can still find victims opportunities to create leads.
R – LAST CARESS
COOLDOWN 140/110/80 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
Q now counts as a ranged basic attack. E scales better with crit. Barrel recharge time increased but max charges now increase with rank.
Gangplank’s interaction with Grasp of the Undying made his poke pattern of clicking Q every 4 seconds a nightmare for counterplay, which made his lane power pretty explosive. As a result, we’ve had to limit his scaling in a way that’s been unsatisfying for Gangplank players, given that late game power has traditionally been core to his identity. We’re walking back on that plank by lowering his early advantages and bringing them back ashore in late game with extra crit-skewed spice. More barrels!
PASSIVE – TRIAL BY FIRE
MOVE SPEED 30% ⇒ 15-30% by level
Q – PARRRLEY
UPDATEDPISTOLS GO PEW Counts as a ranged basic attack
E – POWDER KEG
NEWBARRELS GO BOOM Benefits from critical strike damage at 125% effectiveness
MAX BARRELS 3 at all ranks ⇒ 3/3/4/4/5
RECHARGE TIME 18/16/14/12/10 seconds ⇒ 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
Q mana cost increased.
Graves has been cropping up as a dominant mid pick, so we’re nerfing his ability to control lane priority with his wave-clearing Q in a way that still retains his jungle power.
Q – END OF THE LINE
MANA COST 60 ⇒ 80
SKIN SPLASH UPDATE
CRIME CITY Crime City Graves’ splash art has been updated!
Q healing decreased.
Irelia’s blades are still a bit too deadly. We’re tapping down her innate sustain so that she’s a bit more punishable when she makes mistakes. This’ll also nerf the Ionian blade dancer’s ability to spin around seemingly-doomed teamfights at super low health.
Q – BLADESURGE
HEAL 12/14/16/18/20% Attack Damage ⇒ 8/10/12/14/16% Attack Damage
Assassin Kayn passive damage decreased.
Blue Kayn’s been overshadowing games too regularly, especially with his Goredrinker build. We’re reducing assassin Kayn’s damage to encourage him to build more offensively in order to reap his enemies.
PASSIVE – THE DARKIN SCYTHE
SHADOW ASSASSIN BONUS DAMAGE 12-44% magic damage ⇒ 8-30% magic damage
W bonus resistances decreased.
Leona’s been shining a bit too bright with her ability to soak up any damage that comes her way when she’s locking down opponents. We’re making her a little easier to kill so that opponents still have the opportunity to fight back. SPF still recommended.
W – ECLIPSE
BONUS ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST 20/25/30/35/40 ⇒ 15/20/25/30/35
Base attack damage increased. Q mana cost decreased.
Lissandra’s been frozen at pretty mediocre numbers across the board, even into her favorable matchups. We’re giving her some slight buffs to make the ice witch a more attractive pick.
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE 53 ⇒ 55
Q – ICE SHARD
MANA COST 60/65/70/75/80 ⇒ 55/60/65/70/75
Base attack damage decreased. Lucian now gains on-hit damage when buffed by allies. R bullets now scale with crit chance rather than R rank.
Lucian’s been struggling quite literally everywhere except in Pro mid lane. We’re purifying his odds by empowering his duo lane synergy without compromising his solo capabilities. For example, his ult’s been super powerful in solo lanes due to its heavy level scaling, so we’re smoothing it out to scale better with gold. AP Lucian is also getting some compensation buffs since we know it’s a fun (although weak) build that gets affected by these AD-encouraging changes. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about you, fans of the off-meta lulz.
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE 64 ⇒ 62
PASSIVE – LIGHTSLINGER
NEWVIGILANCE Ally buffs empower Lucian’s next 2 basic attacks to deal an additional 14 (+10% Attack Damage) magic damage. Lucian can store up to 4 Vigilance basic attacks at a time.
W – ARDENT BLAZE
MANA COST 70 ⇒ 60
NEWTHANKS, FRIEND Triggers Vigilance when an allied champion damages a marked target
R – THE CULLING
NUMBER OF SHOTS 22/28/34 ⇒ 22 (+25% Critical Strike Chance)
DAMAGE PER SHOT 20/40/60 (+25% Attack Damage)(+10% Ability Power) ⇒ 15/30/45 (+25% Attack Damage)(+15% Ability Power)
Base health increased. W mana cost decreased late.
We haven’t gotten to sea Nami much lately, so we’re shifting the current by giving the tidecaller some blessings to improve her survivability in trades and allow her to use her costliest skill more.
BASE HEALTH 475 ⇒ 490
W – EBB AND FLOW
MANA COST 70/85/100/115/130 ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110
Critical Strike Damage penalty reduced. Soul drop rate increased.
Senna’s DPS focused builds have mist the mark recently. We’re buffing up her crit to better synergize with damage items and giving her more souls on minion kills to help out players who run her as farming carry.
PASSIVE – ABSOLUTION
CRITICAL STRIKE DAMAGE 150% ⇒ 160%
SOUL DROP RATE 4.166% ⇒ 10% for minions and small monsters Senna kills (other drop rates unchanged)
E on-hit damage increased.
Teemo could use a power-up in lane where we expect him to be able to whittle down his opponents, especially in favorable matchups when he can execute a series of Toxic Shots. Hut, two, three, four… :^)
E – TOXIC SHOT
MAGIC DAMAGE ON-HIT 11/22/33/44/55 (+30% Ability Power) ⇒ 14/25/36/47/58 (+30% Ability Power)
Attack range reduced. Base healing on possession reduced; scaling increased. Q damage multiplier from crit chance increased. E camo radius increased. R slow duration decreased.
Viego’s been breaking too many hearts in the pro scene, so we’re bringing down the sovereign’s domination a notch. His tanky builds are offering too much pop-off potential, so we’re significantly cutting back the power of his resets if he’s not building damage. We’re also increasing his camouflage detection range and reducing his basic attack range which, combined, will make it much harder for Viego to hide in the Black Mist as a source of safety. Lastly, we’re reducing the CC on his ult since that wasn’t really its main intent.
ATTACK RANGE 225 ⇒ 200
PASSIVE – SOVEREIGN’S DOMINATION
HEALING UPON POSSESSION 8% (+2.5% Bonus Attack Damage)(+1.5% Ability Power)(+2.5% Attack Speed) ⇒ 3% (+3% Bonus Attack Damage)(+2% Ability Power)(+5% Attack Speed)
Q – BLADE OF THE RUINED KING
DAMAGE MULTIPLIER FROM CRIT CHANCE 0-75% (at 0-100% crit chance) ⇒ 0-100% (at 0-100% crit chance)
E – HARROWED PATH
CAMOUFLAGE DETECTION RADIUS 400 ⇒ 450
R – HEARTBREAKER
SLOW DURATION 0.5 seconds ⇒ 0.25 seconds
- Addressed an issue where, when Viego possesses Zoe using Passive – Sovereign Domination, recasting Q – Paddle Star would launch a second star that disappears
- Addressed an issue where Viego’s basic ability cooldowns would get permanently reduced after gaining Accelerando stacks while possessing Sona with Passive – Sovereign’s Domination
- Addressed an issue where, when Viego has Kled’s W – Violent Tendencies buff active as his possession ends, Viego’s W – Spectral Maw will be on cooldown
- Addressed an issue where, when Viego casts Kindred’s W – Wolf’s Frenzy just as his possession ends, he would no longer be able to cast W – Spectral Maw
Q cast time now decreases with attack speed. R damage increased.
We’re back with a third round of Xayah buffs! We’ve been steadily bringing up her winrate while trying not to increase her pick rate in Pro too much. The rebel hasn’t taken off in Pro play yet, so we can still give her a bit more room to fly. Xayah’s Q tends to interrupt her basic attack flow at higher attack speeds, so this should let her feathers glide more smoothly throughout the game. (For Q’s scaling, remember Xayah gains 70% bonus AS from levels and 55% from W!)
Q – DOUBLE DAGGERS
CAST TIME 0.25s ⇒ 0.25-0.1 (at 0-215% bonus attack speed)
R – FEATHERSTORM
BASE DAMAGE 125/250/375 ⇒ 200/300/400
Q ratio increased. E ratio decreased. R cooldown increased late.
Once Zed gets some items under his belt, his kill pattern becomes too reliable, especially for a champion with such flexible mobility tools to slip in and out of the shadows. We’re asking the master of shadows to master more shurikens to secure his kills. His ult cooldown is also getting nerfed late to match its power level more appropriately.
Q – RAZOR SHURIKEN
RATIO 100% Bonus Attack Damage ⇒ 110% Bonus Attack Damage
E – SHADOW SLASH
RATIO 80% Bonus Attack Damage ⇒ 65% Bonus Attack Damage
R – DEATH MARK
COOLDOWN 120/90/60 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
Divine Sunderer has been the go-to choice for fighters all across the spectrum, and even some marksmen. We’re looking to nerf its generic power to let its more aggressive item competitors outshine it when they’re supposed to.
ATTACK DAMAGE 40 ⇒ 35
While Hullbreaker is a strong early rush on a few champions, its opportunity cost is too large to be a great choice compared to other Legendary fighter items that have more generic value. We’re giving it a bit of beef so that players feel a bit more inclined to go on a raiding party.
HEALTH 300 ⇒ 400
Rather than being a situational item against shield-heavy enemies, Serpent’s Fang has become a staple in the second item slot for physical assassins. We want to preserve its low gold cost so that it’s still an accessible situational pickup, but with stats that are more proportional.
LETHALITY 18 ⇒ 12
Wit’s End has become a powerful early rush item for a variety of attack speed champions. While it’s good to offer early attack speed options, Wit’s End often becomes the best choice regardless of how much magic damage the enemy team has. We’re reshaping its damage scaling so that it’s just as powerful late but isn’t only being picked up for its early damage value.
ON-HIT MAGIC DAMAGE 15-80 (linear scaling levels 1-18) ⇒ 15 at levels 1-8, 25-80 at levels 9-18
Youmuu’s went from being a beloved aggressive pick to an underutilized niche item. We nerfed its generic power last season to give room for other situational items, but we’re seeing now that we went a little too far. AD assassins have been yearning for a good general item rather than defaulting to counter pick-ups like Serpent’s Fang. So, *drumroll please*… we’re reverting the patch 10.23 changes and welcoming back 2020’s Youmuu’s Ghostblade!
TOTAL COST 3000 gold ⇒ 2900 gold
BUILD PATH Serrated Dirk + Pickaxe + 1025 gold ⇒ Caulfield’s Warhammer + Serrated Dirk + 700 gold
ATTACK DAMAGE 60 ⇒ 55
NEWABILITY HASTE 15
Fleet Footwork just hasn’t been a very good pick for marksmen. Rather than a straight buff to make it more viable, we’re increasing healing against champions for everyone and reducing healing against minions depending on attack type to avoid too much power in lane sustain. Healing against minions for melee is getting reduced more than ranged because melee champions have already been using it very effectively for that very reason, making this an overall buff for ranged and closer to neutral for melee.
HEALING 3-60 (based on level) (+30% bonus AD) (+20% AP) ⇒ 10-100 (based on level) (+40% bonus AD) (+30% AP)
HEALING VS MINIONS 100% (melee)/20% (ranged) ⇒ 20% (melee)/10% (ranged)
The first weekend of the Void-themed Clash will be September 4 and 5. Team formation for the first weekend will open starting on August 30. The second weekend will be September 18 and 19, and team formation will open starting on September 13.
UPDATED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum system requirements for League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics on desktop are changing. In particular, Macs are now required to run macOS 10.12 or later. We update these requirements so that we can focus on delivering new features rather than maintaining older hardware. If your system meets or exceeds these specs, you’re still good to go!
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Addressed an issue that caused excessive slowness during the end of the game
- Addressed an issue where Tahm Kench’s ultimate availability HUD indicator was not graying out after his ult was used
- Addressed an issue where Sylas’s R – Hijack cooldown would sometimes not revert correctly if he died while casting a hijacked ultimate
- Fixed several visual bugs that occured when Sylas hijacked Gun Goddess Miss Fortune’s R – Bullet Time
- Shaco’s clone now correctly gains 10 gold from killing a ward, not 20
- Addressed an issue where Kassadin would sometimes be unable to cast his E – Force Pulse
- When Mordekaiser uses R – Realm of Death on Graves, Graves’ W – Smoke Screen will now properly remain in the realm that it was cast in
- Addressed an issue where charms would briefly lose functionality when hitting enemy champs who were spamming move commands with certain abilities that allow movement while casting
- Addressed an issue where Kalista was still able to basic attack and lunge with Passive – Martial Poise if she was charmed at the beginning of a basic attack wind-up
- Addressed an issue where, when an enemy immobilized Dr. Mundo while standing on top of him, his Passive – Goes Where He Please canister would get destroyed before it hit the ground
- Addressed an issue where Wukong was able to entirely cancel the animation for Q – Crushing Blow by entering a stop command
- Addressed an issue where Lillia’s W – Watch out! Eep!‘s extended tooltip was missing the information that it deals 50% damage to minions
- Addressed an issue where Caitlyn’s R – Ace in the Hole‘s extended tooltip and level-up tooltip did not contain its damage ratio
- Addressed an issue where the Cloth Armor and Refillable Potion starting bundle would display “+1 More” text even though it does not grant a third item
- Addressed an issue where Nunu would get yeeted off the screen when hit by Rek’Sai’s W – Un-burrow while channeling W – Biggest Snowball Ever!
- Addressed an issue where Nunu’s E – Snowball Barrage was missing its tooltip when hovering during mid-cast
- Fixed another bug where Nunu’s E – Snowball Barrage tooltip was incorrectly displaying damage as “total damage” when it is actually “per snowball”
- Addressed an issue where Ravenous Hunter was healing against wards. Its tooltip now also correctly displays the total amount of healing done
- Addressed an issue where Eternal Winter (Everfrost’s Ornn upgrade) was not displaying the actual number of champions rooted and slowed by the item’s active in the inventory tooltip
- Fixed a few bugs where Neeko’s voice lines in-game weren’t always playing correctly or even at all, especially when entering a disguise with Passive – Inherent Glamour. Neeko’s voice will also accurately play from Neeko’s location instead of the center of the screen
Download free LOL update 11.17 on PC.