King of Seas update (July 29, 2021) is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official King of Seas patch notes, the latest update includes a plethora of fixes and enhancements Apart from this, the King of Seas patch also added camera rotation, cannon line of sight, enhanced graphic effects, and much more.
Previously, a major update added a long list of quality of life improvements.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are still experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s King of Seas patch will address a few of these errors.
King of Seas Patch Notes (July 29, 2021)
Cannon Line of Sight
Now we’re sucking diesel…
You and your crew will now have a line of sight for your cannons! Shiver me timbers.
Now you can see your prey coming from all angles.
This update enhances an array of graphics effects!
Icons have been added to the compass that indicate ports and fishing spots. If you have a quest with a target, this will be visible on the compass too.
- Added on option to show fire trajectory lines if the fire button is held down
- Added Camera controls (camera rotation and fixed camera); if you press “Q” or “E” you will be able to rotate the camera, if you press “C” the camera will rotate with the ship
- New helm navigation in menus; if you go left the helm will rotate on the right and vice versa.
- The Options menu is now available in-game.
- A skip button has been added to dialogues.
- The combat tutorial has been improved with additional dialogues and explanations for mechanics.
- The kraken tentacle will now spawn further away from the player and has increased visibility
The appearances of the Krakens have been tweaked so that the tentacle that is randomly found in the sea and the one that spawns through the ability “Tentacle Slam” are now different
- AI ship spawn rates have been tweaked and will now spawn further away from the player.
- The main menu’s appearance has been corrected to appear correctly on 21:9 ultrawide monitors.
- Menu tabs now have wraparound; you can now select over the end of a set of tabs to return to its start.
- The player will now unlock lower difficulty achievements if completing the game on a difficulty level higher than “ship boy”
- The player can now hide and show the game interface with an option in the pause menu.
- Item stats have been rebalanced
- Fixed an issue that could have caused a decrease in towns’ levels without an invasion taking place
- All ships are now available from the start of the game
- The spawn time of loot has been adjusted.
- Ghost ships will be found only at night; they will disappear at dawn
- All player ships now have a permanent sail auto-repair effect that is active out of combat and outside storms
- Increased visibility at night
- Improvements have been made to the AI.
- We have encouraged the parrots to no longer block quest text.
- The player can now sell equipped items in the carpenter shop
- There are now no restrictions on what equipment can be unequipped in the Inventory.
- When purchasing maps, the player’s money is now visible on-screen.
- A ‘Sell All’ option has been added to the Market.
- The ‘Damage Per Second’ icon has been normalised across the game.
- It is now possible to buy any pirate ship from any pirate town.
The bank no longer stores resources. If players had already stored resources in the bank prior to this change, the banks will honour this agreement!
- AI now retreat after a long chase. Pirate hunters and ghost ships are an exception.
- Increased the drop rate of treasure maps
- The graphical effects of the ‘Looting’ skill have been improved.
- Fixed a rare crash that could be caused by killing the same naval commander twice
- Fixed a bug that causes the ship to stay still even if the sails are lowered
When the player switches ships, it is possible your cargo bay is no longer large enough to hold all your resources; a message will now appear if you try to leave port.
- Added a ship stats page in the Carpenter menu.
- Fixed an error with the calculation of armour
- Added dialogues to better clarify the colours of the three factions
- Addressed a bug that could cause the deletion of the save file
- Addressed a bug where the save game was not deleted if the player dies in “King of Seas” mode
- Fixed a bug that caused a block after leaving a port
- Fixed a bug that caused a block after complete a secondary quest
- Fixed a bug that caused the compass rotation to be incorrect when the player activated the fixed camera
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to not give experience if killed in a single hit
- Fixed an incorrect icon in the controls page
- Fixed an incorrect icon for ship targets
- Numerous text fixes and QOL improvements.
Download free King of Seas game update for PC.