Imperator Rome April update is now rolling out for PC players. According to the official Imperator Rome patch notes, the latest patch added quality of life improvements. Apart from this, there is also stability and performance improvements.
Recently, a minor update was released with minor gameplay changes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Imperator Rome update is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Imperator Rome Update v1.4.2 Patch Notes
- Reduced population output from occupied territories by 20%.
- Manpower from tribesmen and freemen reduced by approximately 45%, non-primary dominant culture territories now provide 20% less output.
- Moving Province capital now reduces Province Loyalty instead of Political Influence. It is no longer possible to move the Province Capital if you are below 50 Province Loyalty (up from 33%). Moving province capital to a City or even more so a Metropolis will result in a lesser hit.
- Slightly reduced pop type happiness reductions from passive deity modifiers.
War & Peace
- Macedon will now be far more likely to oppose Phrygian demands in the initial Diadochi War event series.
- Slightly reduced base experience decay for units.
- Slightly increased war exhaustion from battles.
- Tweaked Military Traditions to reduce very expensive units in mercenary stacks (elephants and heavy cavalry).
- Halved how much money is gained from selling Characters into slavery, because the sight of your former adversaries toiling in the salt mine is the real reward.
- Halved loyalty impact, decay rate and maximum from giving away holdings.
- Characters will now gain loyalty from being made Generals or Admirals, just as they do when they are given an office or Governorship.
- Argive heritage increased from 2% ruler popularity to 4, to match other ruler popularity gain heritages.
- Spartocid Heritage now gives higher defensiveness instead of discipline.
- Pontic and Massalian Heritages changed from wrong culture happiness to wrong culture group happiness.
- Epirote Heritage now gives lower commerce instead of fewer diplomatic relations.
- Epirote Heritage now gives global freemen output instead of a war exhaustion reduction.
- AI will be more reluctant to change its worshipped deities simply because it can. Will be more mindful of conserving its stability.
- AI will better consider naval access when declaring wars.
- Changed every country specific achievement to have a variable backup, so even if you change the country name (through a formable decision or a mission), you should still be able to get the achievement in question. Among other things this means Sparta can get ’Molon Labe’ and ’Laconic If’ even if they first form another country. This will not affect games started before the 1.4.2 patch.
- Meroitic culture countries are now valid for the “New Kingdom” achievement.
- Fixed formables for the two new culture groups, Meroitic and Illyrian.
- Added a 2 year cooldown per territory for the city sacking event for ruler led armies.
- ’Planning for War’ generic mission task reward increased from 2.5 to 5 military experience.
- The Spartan mission tasks ’Reincorporating Messenia’ and ’Lands of Messenia’ will no longer ask you for a building you cannot build in the territory.
- The mission task ’ Greek Allies’ in the ’Subduing Greece’ mission will now highlight the potential nations when you hover the task, making it easier to find nations that might be relevant for it.
- Fixed Madurai not being a city at start.
- Objective to build a larger navy now requires a navy of 10 ships rather than 20.
- Objective to build a larger army now requires an army of 12 000 men rather than 30 000.
- Tag exclusive deities will no longer disappear or become unavailable after you complete a formable or otherwise change names in some way.
- Fixed bug that resulted in characters acquiring multiple spouses.
- Fixed bug that caused all Roman characters at start to belong to the same party.
- Fixed more missing localization in Spanish.
- Fixed combat deployment issue for multiple large armies.
- Armies without a leader now also loot provinces instantly. Province loot modifier is now visible right away in the tooltip.
- Armies with no food detaching support units will no longer result in the creation of food out of thin air.
- Armies no longer cause food to be added to the province they are in, because wow, the Thirty Years’ War would have looked a lot different if that were true.
- Fixed bug that caused subjects to cheekily draw manpower from their overlord instead of transferring manpower to the overlord.
- Fixed starting scripts sometimes being run twice in Ironman.
- Fixed a number of rare crashes and out of syncs.
- Fixed trade view resetting sorting whenever a Trade Route was cancelled or accepted.
- Fixed Integration family event not awarding popularity if no families are accepted.
- Fixed Weary of War event firing for mercenary armies.
- Fixed broken loc strings in Befriend Tribe Roman mission tasks.
- Fixed issue where allied countries couldn’t be made into feudatories in the Siceliote Overtures task for Syracuse.
- Fixed issues with the religious subjects released by Sparta and Athens in their missions.
- Fixed the switched loyalties of clan leaders in the ’From One Clan to Another’ event.
- Fixed so that the economics tabs is no longer translucent when you have no subjects.
- Fixed opengl shader issues related to map modes with colored water when zoomed in.
- Fixed broken loc string in wealth modifier from Expand Estate character scheme, and probably other literally unplayable typos somewhere.