Hyper Escape is now available for players on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Unfortunately, players are currently receiving Hyper Escape error code ORCHID-C022.
Most of the players on Xbox One are facing this problem with Comcast Xfinity as their ISP. If you are also facing error code Orchid-C022 on Hyper Escape, here are a couple of workarounds you can try.
Please follow the steps below:
How to Fix Hyper Escape Error Code ORCHID-C022?
Check your Network Address Translation (NAT) Type settings.
A more open NAT Type will have fewer conflicts with other player systems and encounter fewer connectivity issues.
NAT Type Definitions
- NAT Type 1: Can play games with any NAT type. Usually, the system is connected to the Internet without a router
- NAT Type 2: Can play games with open or moderate NAT types. Similar to Type 1, except connected to the Internet through a router
- NAT Type 3: Can only play games with open NAT types
NAT Type Settings
- Navigate to your console’s XMB
- Push up on the left control stick
- Navigate to the Settings panel and choose Network
- Under the View Connection Status
- Your NAT Type will be on the bottom of the next screen
Check your Firewall / Router for NAT Type restrictions
If you have a firewall, you may need to change your NAT type. Sometimes this configuration change is caused by opening or forwarding other network ports.
Check your Open Network Ports
PlayStation Network uses the following ports for communication with game servers:
- Port 465 (TCP)
- Port 983 (TCP)
- Port 1935 (TCP)
- 3478 (TCP)
- 3479 (TCP)
- 3480 (TCP)
- Port 3478 (UDP)
- Port 3479 (UDP)
- 10070 – 10080 (TCP)
Change your Domain Name Servers (DNS)
- Go to Settings
- Select Network
- Select Set Up Internet Connection
- Select Wifi/LAN (depending on what you use to connect)
- Select Custom
- Select / Enter the following details
- IP Address Settings = Automatic
- DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify
- DNS Settings = Manual
- Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
(These are Google DNS Addresses)
- MTU Settings: Automatic
- Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Reset Your Network Router
Unplugging your router and leaving it unplugged for about 10 minutes. Restart the game client as well.
The game devs are still working on a fix for Hyper Escape error code Orchid-C022 as a top priority. More details will be available soon.