Hunt Showdown update 1.6.2 is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Hunt Showdown patch notes, the latest update added a new weapon (Scottfield No.3 Revolver), audio changes, and other fixes. Apart from this, today’s Hunt Showdown patch 1.6.2 also includes minor stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added a new map (DSalle), audio improvements, balancing, and bug fixes.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing issues with the game. Today’s Hunt Showdown patch 1.6.2 will fix a few of these issues.
Hunt Showdown 1.6.2 patch notes
New small slot, medium ammo pistol with a 6-round capacity. The Scottfield differs from other revolvers currently available in that it uses a break-open action which allows for faster reloading, this is because of its open cylinder and built-in ejector that can remove all rounds in the cylinder at once.
It uses a slightly shorter round compared to the Caldwell Pax which means its stopping power and range are slightly less in comparison. Since it is a medium bullet its damage and range will still slightly outperform compact pistols.
Ammo types (Custom Ammo)
- Basic – (Ammo – 6/12)
- FMJ – (Ammo – 6/12)
- Incendiary – (Ammo – 6/12)
- Weapon Menu Animations now all have sound playing
- Added visual feedback for when a hunter is hit by poison ammunition while the antidote effect is active.
Regeneration Shots For the duration of the effect:
- Health regeneration speed is halved (2.5 hp/s instead of 5 hp/s)
- Health regeneration does not stop at health chunk borders but will continue until current max health is reached
- Health regeneration will start instantly after taking damage (Usually delayed by 5 seconds)
- Weak Regeneration Shot: 5 Minutes
- Regeneration Shot: 10 Minutes
- The Crossbow and Hand Crossbow will now keep their damage better over distance, but the weapon ranges overall didn’t change
- The Crossbows Basic Bolts will now do strong bleeding
- The Basic Arrow and Poison Arrow have their Bleeding intensity reduced and only do medium bleeding now
Since releasing the Hunting Bow with the Light the Shadows event, we learned quite a bit about the weapon from your extensive usage. One conclusion we drew was that we wanted to highlight the differences between the crossbows and the bow and arrow more and decided to do a couple of changes, like making the strong bleed exclusive to the crossbows with its slower rate of fire, as well as making the crossbows and bow more consistent to limb damage overall by doing some minor tweaks to both weapons. We also increased the ammo pool for the crossbows somewhat to be more in line with the bow and arrow. With these changes, we feel both weapon classes can carve out their respective gameplay niche better.
It’s now easier to get kill assists
- The Kill Assist time window is now calculated on a distance basis
- The closer players are to a target they damaged, the longer they are eligible for a Kill Assist
- Effectively this means that players can still get assists after many minutes if they stay close to the target
- Players will now be rewarded with an assist if targets kill themselves
- Players will now be rewarded with an assist if targets are killed by AI
- The Weak Stamina Shots Duration has been increased from 60 to 300 seconds
- The Fire Bomb and Liquid Fire Bomb’s burning area duration has been increased from 20 to 120 seconds
- Changed the Nitro Express DumDum to be more in line with the DumDum ammo in other weapons
- Updated the ranges for Compact Full Metal Jacket
- Slightly raised the damage for Dragon Breath on all Shotguns
- Dragon Breath now has a short one-hit kill range (the longer the barrel the longer the one-hit kill range)
To keep Dragon Breath in line with the changes we’ve recently made to Flechette, we are also giving Dragon Breath a one-hit kill option on very close range. The one-hit kill range scale with the barrel length of the Weapon, the longer the barrel the larger the one-hit kill range. This also slightly increases the overall damage for Dragon Breath. We think these changes will make Dragon Breath a more enjoyable and viable option.
The following ‘retrievable projectiles’ now do substantial damage to AI and Hunters when being retrieved by a Hunter:
- Throwing Axes
- Throwing Knives
- Crossbow Bolts (basic)
- Hunting Bow Arrows (basic and poison)
- Hunter slots have been increased from 20 to 50.
- Additional slots can be unlocked for 150 Blood Bonds each.
Training Reward changes
Blood Bonds for completing Training missions have been reduced.
- Basic: Reduced from 100 to 50.
- Advanced: Reduced from 250 to 75.
- Professional: Reduced from 500 to 125.
- Moved Caldwell Pax from Rank 10 to Rank 18
- Moved Caldwell Rival 78 from Rank 18 to Rank 10
- Added the Weak Regeneration Shot and the Regeneration Shots to the “Health Shots” category
- Winfield 1876 Centennial & Variants:
- Increased all ammo reserves from 8 to 12
- Basic Bolts increased from 6 to 9
- Explosive Bolts increased from 5 to 6
- Shot Bolts increased from 4 to 6
- Hand Crossbow
- Basic Bolts increased from 5 to 8
- Poison Bolts increased from 5 to 8
- Choke Bolts increased from 2 to 5
- Chaos Bolts increased from 4 to 5
- Poacher has its cost reduced from 2 to 1 Upgrade Point
- Bolt Thrower has its cost reduced from 4 to 3 Upgrade Points
- Hundred Hands has its damage component cut from 25% to 10%. Increased Sway reduction
- Bolt Seer name changed to Blade Seer to make it clearer that you can’t only see bolts with it
One of the best parts of SBMM is the opportunity to protect new players from having to go against opponents that may be too difficult. We want players to avoid this option until they are more experienced with Hunt and its game mechanics.
- Weapon equip animations have been updated
- Scottfield No.3 Revolver
- Added at Rank 1
- Added for 77 Hunt Dollars
- A classic, single-action break open revolver, the Scottfield has seen both sides of the law. The break-action allows for quicker ejecting of spent rounds, meaning a faster overall reload when empty.”
- Vetterli 71 Karabiner Marksman
- Added to the Vetterli 71 Category for 190 Hunt Dollars
- Vetterli 71 Karabiner Silencer
- Added to the Vetterli 71 Category for 150 Hunt Dollars
- Lebel 1866 Aperture
- Added to the Lebel 1866 Category for 425 Hunt Dollars
New Custom Ammo
- Scottfield No.3 FMJ
- Added to the Scottfield No.3 category for 35 Dollars
- Scottfield No.3 Incendiary
- Added to the Scottfield No.3 category for 25 Dollars
- Vetterli 71 Karabiner High Velocity
- Added to the Vetterli 71 Karabiner category for 95 Dollars
- Winfield 1887 Terminus Dragonbreath
- Added to the Winfield 1887 Terminus category for 50 Dollars
- Weak Regeneration Shot
- Added to the “Health Shots” category for 65 Hunt Dollars
- Regeneration Shot
- Added to the “Health Shots” category for 110 Hunt Dollars
New Legendary Items
Runners Up for Skin Contest
- Mosin-Nagant M1891 “Wormwood”
- “The corruption gets into the trees, twisting tendrils around roots and turning sap dark as bile. This Mosin-Nagant M1891 is made from such wood and only when its work is done will it be left to rot.”
- Added for 500BB
- Winfield 1887 Terminus Handcannon “Bird of Prey”
- “Like the talons of hawks and eagles, this Winfield 1887 Terminus will tear prey apart and leave a feast for the crows, vultures, and other carrion that follows its booming song.”
- Added for 500BB
- Nagant M1895 Officer from 66 to 96 Hunt Dollars
- Nagant M1895 Officer Brawler from 80 to 110 Hunt Dollars
- Weak Stamina Shot from 10 to 60 Hunt Dollars
- Stamina Shot from 40 to 100 Hunt Dollars
- Weak Antidote Shot from 25 to 50 Hunt Dollars
- Antidote Shot from 55 to 80 Hunt Dollars
- Winfield M1876 Centennial from 277 to 157 Hunt Dollars
- Winfield M1876 Centennial Sniper from 298 to 229 Hunt Dollars
- Crossbow from 55 to 50 Hunt Dollars
- Hand Crossbow from 35 to 30 Hunt Dollars
- Hunting Bow from 97 to 57 Hunt Dollars
- Price decrease for multiple Custom Ammo types
Download free Hunt Showdown update 1.6.2 on PC (Steam).