WWE 2K22 for PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox is now available to download. Unfortunately, if you have recently installed WWE 2K22 and are only able to select the Play Mode option with One on One matches and limited Superstars, then you’re in Demo Mode. Read how to fix this issue and other details below.
Only able to play 1 on 1 matches with limited Superstars in WWE 2K22
This issue usually happens when the game is still downloading/installing or patching. When you go to your game store download menu, make sure to check that the game is fully downloaded. If it’s ready and the issue persists, we suggest the following steps:
Perform a system cache clear
The PlayStation 4 doesn’t actually have a cache to clear. That said: It never hurts to power down/power up your console if you’re encountering performance issues in the console.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select “Turn Off PS4”.
- Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Restart the PlayStation 4.
Related: Best WWE 2K22 Graphics Settings for high FPS.
- Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds.
- Now, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Select “Clear System Software Cache”
Related: WWE 2k22 Known Issues and Bugs.
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn’t matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
- Select Clear System Cache.
- When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
XBOX ONE AND XBOX SERIES S/X
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to access the “Power Center”
- Select “Restart Console” option
- Uninstall and reinstall your game completely
While the game is downloading and installing onto your console, please let the process complete before accessing or launching the game as this can cause further issues with your installation.