PlayStation 4 players are currently facing error CE-34224-5. Since the last update, players are experiencing several performance issues, crashing, lag, and framerate drop. Read how to fix error code CE-34224-5.
Read more details below.
The game crashes with various errors on PS4 and PS5. This error occurs because of corrupt game data.
Restart your router
Try to power down your router for 10 seconds and then power it back on.
In the main menu of your PlayStation, go to Settings > Account Management > Restore License.
1. Turn off your console (not rest mode).
2. Wait until the power light on the front of the console stops blinking.
3. Unplug the power cable from the console.
4. Press and hold the power button several times to remove any excess charge.
5. Turn on your console again. You might want to reinstall the game after restoring licenses if you still come across this error!
If the problem still persists then, Rebuild Database:
A future update will fix the Destiny 2 error CE-34224-5.