NBA 2K23 is now available on PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One. Unfortunately, some players are reporting issues with NBA 2K23 MyCAREER gameplay and missing files. If you are having trouble locating your MyCAREER file, we have some solutions for you.
Read more details below.
How to know if the NBA 2K23 MyCAREER file is missing or corrupt?
If you’re having trouble with a saved MyCAREER file in NBA 2K23, there’s a chance it’s either missing or it’s corrupted. You might be wondering how to determine whether the said file is missing or corrupt.
- If you’ve got a corrupted MyCAREER file, odds are you’ll receive an error message when you try to load it. More than likely, this message will say “This save file is corrupted, and cannot be loaded.“
- If your MyCAREER file’s missing, however, there shouldn’t even be a file for you to try and
How to Fix NBA 2K23 MyCAREER Gameplay Issue?
Follow the steps below if you’ve encountered a problem in MyCAREER —such as (but not limited to) a corrupted save file, the game freezing during an interview, and attribute resets.
How to download NBA 2K23 Save Files?
If the Automatic Update feature is enabled on PlayStation 4, save game files will be automatically uploaded to the cloud by default. In order to download your saved game data from the cloud, please perform the following steps:
- Start out in the Dynamic Menu.
- Go to (Settings) > Application Data Management > Saved Data in Online Storage > “Download to System Storage” and press (X button).
- Select NBA 2K23.
- Download all files that start with “MyCareer…”
Follow the steps on PS5.
- Go to Settings > Games/Apps and Saved Data.
- Select Saved Data (PS5) or Saved Data (PS4).
- Select Cloud Storage and select NBA 2K23 > Download to Console Storage.
Xbox One / Series X and Series S
Cloud saves cannot be manually downloaded on Xbox One. However, as long as you’re connected to XBOX Live they’re automatically uploaded and downloaded from the Microsoft Cloud Exchange.
Save data backups can be downloaded from the game’s software menu or from within System Settings.
To download a backup from the software menu:
- Open the game’s software menu and select Save Data Cloud.
- Select the desired user, then select Download Save Data.
To download a backup from within System Settings:
- From the HOME Menu, select System Settings, then Data Management and finally Save Data Cloud.
- Select the desired user, then choose the backup file you wish to download.
- Select Download Save Data.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use this feature.
Save data backups can be restored from within the Steam application.
1. Launch Steam
2. Click on “Steam” in the upper left corner of the Steam application
3. Select “Backup and restore games…”
4. Select “Restore a previous backup”
5. Browse to the location of the game’s backup files
6. Continue through the Steam windows to install the necessary games.