NBA 2k21 is now available for players on PS4, PS5 Xbox One, and PC. Unfortunately, since the release, players are receiving NBA 2k21 error ce-34878-0. NBA 2k21 is crashing because of PS4/PS5 error ce-34878-0.
You can fix NBA 2k21 error ce-34878-0 issue by changing the PS4/PS5 Video Output Settings to 1080p. You can also disable Supersampling Mode in the Video Output Settings. This will also improve the game performance.
Read more for other fixes.
What is error ce-34878-0 in NBA 2k21?
Error CE-34878-0 for NBA 2k21 is a general error indicating that the game has crashed. You will require to restart the game.
How to Fix ce-34878-0 error (Crashing, Framerate drop, Lag)
- Changing the PS4 Video Output Settings to 1080p.
- Disable Supersampling Mode in the Video Output Settings.
Restart your console:
- Turn off your console and then turn it back on. This should fix NBA 2k21 crashing issue.
Update game software:
- Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Highlight the game you’re playing and press the Options button on your controller.
- Select “Check For Update” and install any updates that are available.
Update PlayStation 4 system software:
- Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
- Choose “System Software Update” and allow any system updates to install.
- Reboot your PlayStation 4.
Update PlayStation 5 system software:
- Select “Settings” at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
- Choose “System” > “System Software Update Settings”
- Allow your system to install the updates.
- Reboot when completed.
Clear your PS4’s cache:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select “Turn Off PS4”.
- Let the PlayStation 4 to fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Restart the PlayStation 4.
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select Restart console. When prompted, select Restart.
- If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart.
Uninstall/reinstall your game:
- Uninstall and reinstall the game if you are still experiencing the error. Before you do this, upload you’re save game to the cloud (or to a USB storage device). That way you won’t lose your progress and have to start over once you’ve reinstalled.
NBA 2k21 error CE-34878-0 is a general error indicating that the game has crashed. If you receive a CE-34878-0 error, you will need to restart the game. A fix is coming in the future update.