Fortnite players are experiencing several issues related to performance, crashing, lag, and framerate drop. Players are also receiving Fortnite error ce-34878-0 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC while playing the game or while playing the game or downloading an update.
If you are also facing Fortnite error ce-34878-0 issue, here is a couple of fixes you can try. According to the game devs,performance issues are being caused by 4k resolution output.
You can fix this issue by changing the PS4 Pro Video Output Settings to 1080p. You can also disable Supersampling Mode in the Video Output Settings. This will also improve the game performance.
How to Fix Fortnite error ce-34878-0 (Crashing, Framerate drop, Lag)
- Changing the PS4 Video Output Settings to 1080p.
- Disable Supersampling Mode in the Video Output Settings.
Restart your console:
- Turn off your console and then turn it back on.
Update game software
- Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Highlight the game you’re playing and press the Options button on your controller.
- Select “Check For Update” and install any updates that are available.
Update PS4’s system software:
- Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
- Choose “System Software Update” and allow any system updates to install.
- Reboot your PlayStation 4.
Clear your PS4’s cache:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select “Turn Off PS4”.
- Let the PlayStation 4 to fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Restart the PlayStation 4.
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select Restart console. When prompted, select Restart.
- Alternatively, if the console appears to be frozen or the Guide cannot be accessed, press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart.
Fortnite error CE-34878-0 is a general error indicating that the game has crashed. If you receive a CE-34878-0 error in Fortnite, you will need to restart the game. A fix is coming in the future update.