Apex Legends error CE-34878-0 is currently forcing PS4 players to restart their game. PS4 error code CE-34878-0 for Apex Legends is a general error indicating that the game has crashed. If you are wondering how to fix Apex Legends crashing and PS4 error CE-34878-0? Here is a couple of fixes you can try.
How to Fix PS4 error CE-34878-0 on Apex Legends (Crashing)?
According to the game devs, some of the PS4 performance issues are a result of higher resolution output. You can fix this issue by changing the PS4 Pro Video Output Settings. You can also disable Supersampling Mode in the Video Output Settings.
Restart your console:
- Please turn off your console and then turn it back on.
Make sure your game software is up to date:
- Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Highlight the game you’re playing and press the Options button on your controller.
- Select “Check For Update” and install any available updates.
Make sure your PS4’s system software has the most recent update:
- Select ‘Settings’ and choose “System Software Update” and install any available update.
- Reboot your PlayStation 4.
Clear your PS4’s cache:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select “Turn Off PS4”.
- Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Restart the PlayStation 4.
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select Restart console.
- Alternatively, if the console appears to be frozen or the Guide cannot be accessed, press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart.
Uninstall/reinstall your game:
- Uninstall and reinstall Apex Legends. Before you do this, upload your save game data to the cloud (or to a USB storage device).
Reinstall the original hard drive:
- Sony suggests re-installing the original hard drive that came with the console if you have upgraded your PS4’s hard drive.
If you are still receiving Apex Legends error CE-34878-0 on PS4, don’t worry, a fix is coming in the future update.