Guerrilla has released Horizon Forbidden West patch 1.09 (1.009) notes for PS4 and PS5 players. According to the official Horizon Forbidden West 1.09 patch notes, The latest update added fixes for players spawning outside of Cauldron Kappa, handing in Black Boxes, and more. Apart from this, Horizon Forbidden West update 1.09 (1.009.000) will also include stability improvements.
Previously, a major update 1.07 was released that added an “Always Off” option for weapons & ammo and tools & potions in the Custom HUD options, a fix to speak to Porguf during side quest “Breaking Even”, and more. Recently, update 1.08 was also released.
Unfortunately, players are still facing a number of issues with the game. Horizon Forbidden West version 1.09 will address a few of these issues.
Table of Contents
Horizon Forbidden West 1.09 Patch Notes – March 30, 2022
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where machines would stay stuck behind an energy shield.
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where the player could get stuck in invisible collision.
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where Dekka would be standing behind the throne and cannot be interacted with.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “The Second Verse” where Zo would not be in Plainsong after completing all Main Quests.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “Drowned Hopes” where the player could “pry open” rocks from the wrong side, breaking progression.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Aloy could become stuck in the ground under water after igniting firegleam.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Snapmaws could become stuck inside a wall, out of Aloy’s reach.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “Thirst for the Hunt” where the quest did not update after killing the Thunderjaw.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” where Morlund could conveniently get stuck in a rock, leaving Aloy to take on the Stormbird on her own while he cheered her on from safety.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “In the Fog” where the memorial marker could not be found in Scrap Piles.
- Addressed a bug where alternating between Side Quest “What was lost” and Errand Quest “First to Fly” would cause Kotallo to be unable to be interacted with.
- Addressed a bug in Errand Quest “Supply Drop” where Littay would become stuck underneath the terrain.
- Addressed a bug in Errand Quest “Shining Example” where the player could block progression by destroying the metal flower’s vines before the “Destroy the Metal Flower’s Vines” mission objective shows up.
- Addressed a bug in Errand Quest “Sons of Prometheus Data” where the ambushers took the term ‘ghosted’ to a new level and are no longer present after dying.
- Addressed a bug in Cauldron “Kappa” where the player could respawn in an out of bounds area.
- Addressed a bug in Rebel Camp “First Forge” where reloading a specific save game would spawn the player underneath the terrain.
- Addressed a bug in Salvage Contract “Colleague and Key” where the player would get stuck in an “Examine the Disc Launcher” animation.
- Addressed a bug in Relic Ruin “The Dry Yearn” where the railroad cart could get stuck behind a piece of rubble.
- Addressed a bug in Relic Ruin “The Long Coast” where a pullable crate can get stuck in the water.
- Addressed a bug where the Black Boxes could not be picked up.
- Addressed a bug where the Black Boxes could not be handed in with Untalla.
- Fixed issues when remapping specific button actions.
- Further improvements related to shimmering/sharpness.
Performance and Stability
- Loading screen reductions.
- Crash fixes.
- Localization and spelling fixes.
- Fixed several issues that prevented 100% completion in the Notebook. Completionists rejoice!
- Fixed several issues where the player could escape from a boss fight with a mount.
- Addressed a bug where customizations to the Hunter’s Kit would not persist after restarting save.
- Rebalanced several combat mechanics.
- Fixed multiple Music issues.
Download free for Horizon Forbidden West patch update 1.09 (1.009.000) on PlayStation 4 and PlayStations 5.