Horizon Forbidden West patch 1.18 (1.018.000) is now available to download on PS4 and PS5. According to the official Horizon Forbidden West 1.18 patch notes, the latest update added a new Face Paint the ‘Mark of Pride’. The new face paint is available at Painters in Scalding Spear, Thornmarsh and The Bulwark. Apart from this, Horizon Forbidden West update 1.18 (1.018) also includes various stability and performance improvements.
Unfortunately, players are still facing a number of issues with the game. Horizon Forbidden West version 1.18 will address a few of these issues.
Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.18 Notes (1.018.000) – August 31, 2022
- Introduced “Mark of Pride” Pride Flag Face Paint.
Aloy wearing the “Mark of Pride” Face Paint
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “Faro’s Tomb“ where the Hunter Merchant could be missing in Thebes.
- Fixed floating weapons in the cinematic following the “Talk to the Tenakth Marshal” mission objective of Main Quest “The Embassy”.
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “The Kulrut” where Hekarro was practicing his pantomime skills and got blocked behind an invisible wall.
- Fixed issues related to players not being able to enter or exit The Base.
- Addressed a bug where a Kotallo callout could play inside The Base without Kotallo being present.
- We now keep Riverhymn’s settlement icon on the map after completing Side Quest “The Roots that Bind“.
- Addressed a bug where Porguf would not provide the option to start the Errand Quest “Broken Locks”.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “The Deluge” where players could ride their ground mount through a lake.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “Signal Spike” where the player could be unable to progress after the “Search the Canyon for the Source of the Signal” objective.
- Addressed a bug in Chainscrape where, before completing Side Quest “The Bristlebacks”, the Herbalist would have an icon above their head but will not be interactable.
- Addressed a bug in Salvage Contracts “Mine Launchers” where progression could become blocked when the player sets Custom Difficulty Settings for Easy Loot.
- Addressed a bug in which after completing all Salvage Contracts in New Game Plus, the player could obtain the Oseram Artificer outfit twice.
- Addressed a bug in Rebel Camp “Devil’s Grasp” where the objective “Search the Command Center” could become blocked after restarting from save.
- Addressed a bug in Rebel Camp “The Hive” where the objective “Destroy the Weapon Caches” would not update after destroying all the caches.
- Addressed a bug in Rebel Camp “Breached Rock” where the Rebel Champion would not have the Bunker Key in its loot if the player left the camp after killing the rebels.
- Addressed a bug in Cauldron CHI where a puzzle room had distracting shadow flickering.
- Addressed a bug in Machine Strike where the health of a piece with the Sweep Skill could go to 255 instead of dying.
- Addressed a bug where players remained stuck at 99.42% completion after completing all Rebel Camps.
- We are blasting off
againno more! Addressed a bug in Gauntlet Run “Cliffs of the Cry” where upon completing the race, the player would launch into the sky.
- Addressed a bug where the player was unable to complete “Relics From Ruins” in New Game+ due to already having the Ancestor’s Return weapon from a previous playthrough.
- Addressed a bug in Sunken Cavern “The Shining Wastes” where the player would get stuck if they investigate an Oseram corpse while swimming.
- Fixed an inaccessible Supply Cache located in Las Vegas that was placed under the ground.
- Fixed an inaccessible Supply Cache located northeast of Rebel Outpost “Stillsands South” that was placed under the ground.
- Addressed a bug where Audio Datapoints were getting aborted on specific player actions.
- Addressed a bug where Audio Datapoint 37 could not be collected due to Veter being noninteractive.
- Arrows ready? We made the Dreadwing more likely to attack when fighting in a forested area.
- Additional VFX for Tremortusk’s “Shatter Swing” and Thunderjaw’s “Laser Blast” attacks.
- Addressed a bug near Fall’s Edge where a non-functional and low-resolution Thunderjaw could spawn in.
- Addressed a bug where the “Stalker Primary Nerve” was listed as a Loot for the Ravager’s Antenna.
- Addressed a bug where setting a Job for the Stalker Primary Nerve put the waypoint in Ravager areas instead of Stalker Areas.
- Addressed a bug where Behemoth and Apex Behemoth list “Bellowback Primary Nerve” as loot instead of “Behemoth Primary Nerve.”
- Fixed an area in Sheerside Climb where the player is unable to fly away on a flying mount.
- Addressed a bug where Apex Shellsnapper Hearts were listed under “Valuables to Sell” despite being used for upgrades.
- Addressed a bug where the job system will not direct the player to Apex machine parts.
- Fixed a camera issue where, when aiming with a Blastsling weapon and rotating the camera, the projectile parable would jitter.
- Fixed a camera issue where activating Concentration zoom during a normal zoom would have a jarring snap back.
- Addressed a bug where the Hunter Bow could not be upgraded in New Game+.
- Addressed a bug for Light Arrows of Level 4 Carja’s Bane which had an incorrect amount of Tear damage.
- Addressed a bug where upgrade Level 3 of the Rain of Sparks warrior bow switches perks from “critical hit chance” to “multiple enemy damage”, and then back to “critical hit chance” at Level 4.
- Addressed a bug where the player could not use Melee Combat after fast traveling from a crawl space.
- Level 3 of the Toughened Valor Surge has Melee Damage Resistance reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Plant Forager now works on Medicinal Waterweed.
- Fixed “Pickup Animation” to reset to “On” in Settings when the “Reset” action is pressed.
- Addressed a bug where the Job description in the Jobs menu in Quest Log always displays Level 1 regardless of the actual level of the Job.
- Addressed a bug where the Custom Marker was not visible in the 3D space if the waypoint was marked on the location of an inactive quest.
- Addressed a bug with the subtitles being out-of-sync in the opening title sequence.
- Addressed a bug in the Machine Catalogue where unscanned machines can be viewed when they are adjacent to scanned machines.
Performance and Stability
- Made improvements to TAA for PS5 Resolution Mode and PS4.
- Addressed instances of Aloy’s armor model jittering when playing in Balanced Mode.
- Addressed a bug where geometry appears low resolution when skipping the opening title sequence.
- Introduced “Mark of Pride” Pride Flag Face Paint.
- Addressed a bug where starting the game via Activity Cards could start a new game in New Game Plus, instead of starting the selected activity.
- Addressed a bug where the “Auto Heal” setting does not fully heal Aloy after leaving combat for a short time.
- Fixed issues where the player ended up underneath the terrain or got stuck inside geometry.
Download free for HFW update 1.18 (1.018.000) on PlayStation 4 and PlayStations 5.