Hearthstone update 23.4 is now available to download. According to the official Hearthstone patch notes, the latest update added the all-new Throne of the Tides Mini-Set, along with updates to Battlegrounds, Mercenaries, and more! Apart from this, Hearthstone Battlegrounds patch 23.4 also includes various fixes and changes.
Previously, a major update was released with various bug fixes and changes. Read full details below.
Hearthstone 23.4 Patch Notes – June 1, 2022
Ozumat (Armor Tier 4)
- Passive. Start of Combat: Summon a 2/2 Tentacle with Taunt. Upgrades after you sell a minion!
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Ozumat ahead of its formal release on June 15.
Bubblette [Tavern Tier 1, Elemental]
- 2 Attack, 5 Health. After this minion takes exactly one damage, destroy it. (Pop!)
Diablo (Armor Tier 1)
- Realm of Terror
- Passive. Every 4 turns, ALL enemies fight the Lord of Terror and your warband for loot.
Diablo is returning to Battlegrounds for one week only, starting on June 1, as a special celebration! While he is here, Diablo will be offered in every Battlegrounds lobby. Because Diablo is a special promotional hero, he will be equally available to all players during that period. Several of Diablo’s loot has been adjusted since he last appeared in Battlegrounds:
- N’Zoth is now available through all normal acquisition means.
- You can now borrow a Party from your opponent in a Mercenaries friendly challenge.
- You can now copy a Mercenaries Party to build a new Party.
- A new option has been added to the Mystery nodes on Heroic Bounty maps. Whenever you land on a Mystery Treasure node, you’ll get additional rewards if you successfully complete the Bounty! But beware, much of that treasure is Cursed, and will hinder your characters throughout the rest of your run. However, every once in a while your Mystery Treasure will turn out to be straight Bonus Rewards: all the additional prizes at the end of your Bounty without the added Curse! So… are you feeling lucky?
New Limited-Time Event: Y’Shaarj
Y’Shaarj watched enviously as N’Zoth sunk its tentacles into Mercenaries, so now Y’Shaarj, too, is coming to join the Party in its own limited-time event, starting on June 7. The event will consist of 10 special Tasks centered around the Old God Y’Shaarj. Two new event Tasks can be unlocked on each of the first five days of the event, but you have until June 21 to complete all 10 Tasks. Completing all 10 Tasks will get you the Y’Shaarj mercenary, a random Golden Y’Shaarj Portrait, the Diamond Y’Shaarj Portrait, and 750 total Mercenaries Coins. Humans and Pirates will be your best allies for this event!
Y’Shaarj and its Portraits will not initially be obtainable through packs or crafting. Y’Shaarj, its Portraits, and its Coins will all be obtainable through normal means in a patch after the event ends.
New Feature: Overcapped Decks!
Have you ever started building a deck and run out of slots before you even made it to the Neutrals? Now, when building a deck in “My Collection,” you’ll be able to add up to 50 cards as you tinker, and then trim it down to 30 when you’re done narrowing down your options. (You’ll still need to make a legal deck before playing with it). There’s no telling what you’ll brew up now that your limits are overcapped!
Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- Fixed a bug where the card history tile for Nellie, the Great Thresher would show which Pirates were chosen.
- Fixed a bug making it difficult to target the enemy hero on the second Barbed Nets selection.
- Fixed a bug where Pufferfist would always trigger before Defias Cannoneer. They will now trigger in the order they were played.
- Fixed a bug where if Glugg the Gulper had its stats set by an effect (like Equality), Glugg would not be able to Gulp any stats after that point.
- Fixed a bug where the card Parrrley would shuffle the opponent’s deck without stating “shuffle” in its description.
- Nagalings that have learned cards with Echo or “repeatable this turn” will now add a temporary copy of the spell to your hand.
- The Legacy card set (including cards that were specially created for Core and since removed from it) can now be obtained from Wild packs.
- Players who have special Battlegrounds Boards equipped will now always see their equipped Board whenever facing an opponent who has the Classic Battlegrounds Board equipped.
- Spellcraft spells will now be added to your hand after any wagers won by Lord Barov.
- Fixed a bug causing some players to get an error when trying to start a game with a Battlegrounds party.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to invite ineligible players (those who hadn’t completed the Battlegrounds tutorial) into a Battlegrounds party.
- Fixed a bug where if a Battlegrounds party was formed by a party leader who was playing on a mobile device, players in that party got very little or no ratings adjustments after the game.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes blocked one party member from spectating other party members after losing or conceding a Battlegrounds game.
- Fixed a bug where cards obtained by Ambassador Faelin’s Hero Power, and then obtained by another hero (like Tess, Rafaam, or Mr. Biggelsworth) would not be playable if the new owner was not at that card’s Tavern Tier.
- Fixed a bug where the Battlegrounds scoreboard was cut off on some mobile devices.
- Added keyword tooltips to several Mercenaries Abilities that were missing them.
- Corrected Mercenaries encounters that had the wrong role indicator on the Bounty map.
- Fixed a bug causing various issues with the “New!” indicators in the Mercs Collection.
- Fixed a bug that could on rare occasion cause Duels games to automatically end in a tie.
- Fixed a bug causing the Duels Treasure Stalker’s Supplies to not shuffle Improved Emergency Maneuvers into the player’s deck.
- Fixed a bug where Stormcaller Bru’kan would cast four copies of Elemental Chaos, instead of two.
- Fixed a bug where the “An Acquired Taste” Achievement did not count spells made Poisonous by Mr. Slate.
- Fixed a bug where the “Army of Azshara” Achievement did not count “All” minions as Naga.
- Several more Developer Cards have been added to the credits.
- Fixed a bug causing errors with the reconnect feature on mobile devices.
- Framerate selection will now default to a suggested framerate based on your device. Framerate selections can be adjusted in the Options menu.
- Fixed a bug causing some players to see an inaccurate “low RAM” warning on certain iOS devices.
- Misc. other performance improvements and bug fixes.
Download free Hearthstone patch 22.4.3 on PC.