Moonlighter update 20.4 released for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official Moonlighter version 20.4 patch notes, the latest update added wailing caverns mini-set, new battlegrounds updates, a new book of mercenaries, and more. Apart from this, Moonlighter patch 20.4 also includes Hero skins and Card Backs.
Previously, an update was released with various quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Moonlighter version 20.4 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Read full details below.
What is new and fixed in Moonlighter Update 20.4?
Wailing Caverns Mini-Set
The Wailing Caverns Mini-Set, launching worldwide on June 3, consists of 35 distinct cards—which can all be obtained from Forged in the Barrens card packs! The entire 66-card set (4 Legendary cards, 1 Epic card (x2), 14 Rare cards (x2), and 16 Common cards (x2)) is also available for purchase from the in-game or web shop, for either $14.99 or 2000 Gold!
First Day of School
- Old: Add 3 random 1-Cost minions to your hand. → New: Add 2 random 1-Cost minions to your hand.
Hand of A’dal
- Old: Give a minion +2/+2. Draw a card. → New: Give a minion +2/+1. Draw a card.
The cards listed above will be eligible for a full dust refund for 2 weeks after the 20.4 patch goes live.
- Old: Whenever you play a card with Overload, gain +1/+1. → New: After you play a card with Overload, gain +1/+1.
Mutanus the Devourer
- Devour [Costs 0]
- Remove a friendly minion. Spit its stats onto another. Gain 1 Gold.
- Natural Balance [Costs 1]
- Give a friendly minion of each Tavern Tier +2/+1.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to the new Heroes above before they are formally released on June 17.
HERO POOL UPDATE
- Maiev Shadowsong has been temporarily removed from the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.
- [Tier 4, Demon] 3 Attack, 5 Health. At the end of your turn, if you have 6 or fewer minions, gain +3/+3.
MINION POOL UPDATES
- Quilboar are no longer guaranteed to be in every Battlegrounds match.
- Siegebreaker has been removed from Battlegrounds.
- Cap’n Hoggarr’s text has been reworded to say “whenever” instead of “after” (no functional change).
When the 20.4 patch launches on June 3, the Wailing Caverns Mini-Set will be added to loot buckets and the pool of eligible cards you can use to build your 15-card starter deck. The patch also includes updates to the passive treasures system to make the system less deterministic.
When the 20.4 patch launches on June 3, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:
- Wailing Caverns Mini-Set
- Forged in the Barrens
- Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Scholomance Academy
- Ashes of Outland
- Kobolds & Catacombs
- Goblins vs. Gnomes
More Returning Card Backs & Hero Skins Than Ever Before!
We’re excited to share that many previously released Card Backs and Hero Skins will become available for purchase with Gold as of the 20.4 patch! With this patch, 94 Card Backs and 11 Hero Skins will be available! The following Hero Skins will be available at launch:
- Magni Bronzebeard*
- Alleria Windrunner*
- Sylvanas Windrunner*
- Lei Shen/Thunder King*
- Dame Hazelbark*
- Maiev Shadowsong
- Sir Annoy-O
* These Hero Skins also include their associated Card Back.
Card Backs will be available for either 500 or 600 Gold, while Hero Skins will be available for either 1200 or 1800 Gold. Simply navigate to the item you want within your Collection and click on it to purchase it with Gold. New Card Backs and Hero Skins will continue to appear in the shop when first introduced, but we will periodically update the Collection with more returning Card Backs and Hero Skins going forward.
The Draenei called it The Night of Falling Stars, when shards of fractured Light rained across Azeroth. Guided by a mysterious voice, the priest Xyrella now searches the Barrens for the glowing shards which the voice promises can save her daughter’s life. The priest’s quest will be explored in Book of Mercenaries Xyrella, launching June 3rd. Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Priest pack, containing only Priest cards from Standard!
- Updated Friends List messaging to indicate whether friends in Play Mode are playing Ranked or Casual, and which format they are playing.
- Addressed an issue where copying Imprisoned Celestial with Mirror Entity resulted in the copied Imprisoned Celestial being unable to activate its Spellburst effect after awakening.
- Addressed an issue where cost-reduction effects on Dormant minions would persist after the Dormant minion was played and awakened.
- Addressed an issue where effects that trigger after or whenever a spell is cast would not trigger if Oh My Yogg! converted the spell into a new spell with no valid targets.
- Addressed an issue that caused Sparkjoy Cheat to use both Scabbs Cutterbutter discounts if it put a Secret into play with its effect.
- Addressed an issue where Guidance’s Spirit Path option was not being counted as an Overload card when selected.
- Addressed an issue where Bogbeam and Ironbark’s cost reduction effects would not activate after casting Celestial Alignment and going back up to at least 7 Mana Crystals.
- Addressed an issue where Crabrider was not recognized as a Battlecry minion by cards like Field Contact.
- Updated the wording of Shield Slam so that it accurately represents the way that the card interacts with Spell Damage bonuses.
- Added language clarifying that both Classic and non-Classic versions of a card are removed from your collection when either version is disenchanted.
- Addressed an issue where Elite Tauren Chieftan would sometimes generate non-Classic versions of cards when played in Classic.
- “Quilboars” has been corrected to “Quilboar” as the proper plural form of Quilboar when displaying Battlegrounds minion types.
- Addressed an issue where Reckless Apprentice’s effect would cause some minion-only Hero Powers to hit the enemy hero.
- Addressed an issue that would result in duplicate treasures being offered in Duels.
- Prevented cards of the same name from different sets being offered in the same Arena run.
- Updated the Player Profile to display total wins for each game mode.
- Addressed an issue where progress related to progression tracks, such as the “Tavern Regular” achievement, would not properly update.
- Addressed an issue where reward pop-ups would sometimes not properly appear when the reward was earned.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from switching accounts on iOS devices.
- Updated the New Player Experience to remove certain restrictions and to better indicate locked heroes, modes, and other features.
- Updated MMR calculation for returning players to better account for their time away from the game.
- Addressed an issue where effects that added copies of Diamond cards to a player’s hand or deck would add Golden versions instead of Diamond versions.
- Addressed an issue that would make some Diamond cards not appear in your collection if owned.
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause cards in hand to arbitrarily change positions.
- Addressed an issue where the wrong description would sometimes appear for items in the in-game shop.
Download free Moonlighter patch 20.4 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.