Guild Wars 2 update is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Guildwars 2 patch notes, the latest update added a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Recently, a big update was released which added a new farming area, dozens of crops to grow, and crafting recipes to create
Since the last patch, players are experiencing a number of issues. Today’s Guild Wars 2 patch will fix a few of these issues. Read more details below.
We’re excited to begin our second End of Dragons Elite Specialization Beta Event, running from September 21 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) through September 25 at 10:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7).
All players will see three new beta character slots appear on the Character Select screen that allow them to create and play a fully geared, level-80 beta character of any race for the duration of the weekend.
You can use this character in PvE, WvW, unranked PvP, and any core Tyria or previous expansion map content, including Heart of Thorns™ and Path of Fire™. Maps from the upcoming expansion, End of Dragons™, are not available for beta testing.
The beta character slots are only accessible during an active beta event and will be deleted between elite specialization beta events.
In this beta event, the following three new elite specializations are available for play:
· Catalysts have revitalized ancient techniques for channeling elemental forces—with a few modern improvements. They use jade-tech spheres to create concentrated wells of immense power. Using their augmentation abilities within range of the spheres enhances their effects. With the weight of Tyria’s fundamental magics behind every blow from their hammers, these elementalists are a steady presence in melee combat.
· The Kurzicks and Luxons were bitter enemies, but their greatest champions—Saint Viktor and Archemorus—united to help slay Shiro the Betrayer at the cost of their own lives. Vindicators call upon the strength of their legendary alliance, channeling both heroes’ skills to devastate their enemies and protect their allies. They use greatswords to deliver massive attacks, and they crush foes by leaping straight into battle instead of dodging.
· Advances in Canthan technology have yielded a fusion of firearm and longsword: the gunsaber. Only a dedicated, highly trained warrior can handle such a volatile weapon. Gunsaber attacks enhance the bladesworn’s flow, allowing them to use their meditative Dragon Trigger. In this state of calm and concentration, they can load their gunsaber with magically imbued cartridges that power up their attacks. With their gunsaber sheathed, they wield off-hand pistols to maintain their flow.
The DirectX 11 beta is now available. The goals for the initial implementation of DirectX 11 are stability, visual, and performance parity with DirectX 9. Most players will likely see negligible performance improvements at this time.
Players can opt in to the test by enabling DirectX 11 in the in-game Options panel. Before participating, make sure to install the latest graphics drivers for your device. Please also disable any unsupported third-party graphics modifications before participating in the beta. More information on our third-party program policy can be found here.
You can report any graphical issues you encounter with the beta on the official Guild Wars 2 forums.
· Custom window refresh rates over 60hz in the Options panel are not yet supported.
· Full-screen window gamma settings in the Options panel are not yet supported.
The first weeklong beta event for the WvW World Restructuring feature takes place from September 24 to October 1.
World Restructuring is a feature that aims to address player population imbalances and create great matches. It achieves this by deprecating the current concept of “shards” (aka worlds/servers) and introducing a matchmaking system to the game mode in which players, guilds, and alliances (player-managed groups of guilds) are programmatically redistributed to new “teams” (previously known as shards) on a set schedule. This gives us more flexibility and granularity when creating new teams and helps address natural fluctuations in population over time. It’ll also give players more agency in choosing who they want to play with on an ongoing basis, and it allows long-standing communities to continue playing together. More information on the feature can be found in our recent blog post here.
· We have made several changes to the status-reset system that was introduced on August 31. These changes were detailed more extensively here.
o A status reset removing boons will no longer occur when changing an equipped weapon with your inventory or the Hero panel. Status reset will still occur on changing traits or templates.
o Status reset will no longer remove the aegis boon.
o Status reset will no longer remove the swiftness boon.
· Fixed a bug that prevented some light sources from correctly displaying lighting effects.
Download free Guildwars 2 patch on PC (Steam).