Green Hell update 1.02 (v2.1.4) is now available to download on PC and PS4. According to the official Green Hell patch notes, the latest update added Spirits of Amazonia 1 & 2 to the game. Apart from this, today’s Green Hell version 1.02 also includes various stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a major update added quality of life fixes and improvements.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s Green Hell patch 1.02 (2.1.4) will address a few of these errors.
Green Hell Patch Notes – May 25, 2022
The first two episodes of Jake Higgins’ prequel story in the critically acclaimed survival title, Green Hell. The long-awaited Spirits of Amazonia parts 1 and 2 are now available—for free—on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles with part 3 planned to arrive at a later date.
In part 1 of Spirits of Amazonia, players will step back into Jake’s shoes as he befriends an Amazonian tribe for the first time, and in part 2 the journey will continue with more content including new Legendary Quests and fully revised map areas. Spirits of Amazonia will introduce players to new activities, enemies, items, and animals alongside upping the challenge with Hard Mode.
What’s new in Spirits of Amazonia:
⦁ Enjoy an entirely new prequel story: Jake Higgins’ trials in the Amazon started long before the events of Green Hell’s Story Mode. Players will go back in time to join Jake on his first foray into the rainforest in an exciting prequel adventure.
⦁ Exciting new features: New Tribal Legends activities and revamped map areas portraying how they looked before the events of the base Green Hell Story Mode.
⦁ New threats… and protections: Face off against new enemies including the Thug and Tribesman Patrols, and defend yourself with a new 2-handed Tribal Axe.
⦁ Meet someone new: Players will be introduced to new tribes as well as new animals including the lethal Black Panther and the baby Tapir.
⦁ New flora and building features: Jake will come across new flora such as the Spike Tree and a mysterious new mushroom, and when he’s in camp can build all-new balcony and drum constructions.
The following changes were added previously.
- Multicrafting – Player can now craft multiple items by using the +/- buttons
- HUD scaling – Player can now increase and decrease HUD size
- Downward swing angle changed from 40° to 60°
- Fixed – Controller input could not be set without using M&K
- Fixed – Cooking infusions did not increase Cooking skill
- Fixed – Throwing a Spear at fish did not increase Spearfishing skill
- Fixed – Sanity gain message was inconsistent with other stats
- Fixed – Confusing Campfire challenge goal
- Fixed – Sitting with Firestarting tool prevented stamina regeneration before inserting fiber
- Fixed – Items with no options in expand menu still show it
- Fixed – Knocking down Wasp Nest did not increase Archery/Spear/Throwing skill
- Fixed – Inputs in menus did not reset resulting in sometimes entering wrong sub-menu
- Fixed – Player got washed during rain when sleeping in beds that have roofs
- Fixed – Player’s Armor did not hide during bandaging animation
- Fixed – No skip button in cutscene on some resolutions when using a controller
- Fixed – Several missing translations in SoA part2
- Fixed – Some decorations did not spawn correctly
- Fixed – Small Tribe Shelter could not be destroyed with a Spear
- Fixed – Joining to a Player that was inside tent in WHA Camp was broken
- Fixed – Joining to a Player that was in a Dream was broken
- Fixed – Sometimes Brazil Nut could not be picked up
- Fixed – Player couldn’t throw torches
- Fixed – AI sometimes ignored construction collision
- Fixed – Player was able to give poisoned water to wounded tribes
- Fixed – Empty Bowls and Liquid Containers did not show UI in Backpack
Download free Green Hell update 1.02 for PC (Steam).