Godfall patch 1.09 (5.0.118) is now available to download on PS4. According to the unofficial Godfall update 1.09 patch notes, the latest update added new game modes and new unlocks to chase. Apart from this, Godfall version 1.09 also includes stability fixes and improvements.
Godfall: Ultimate Edition is now available on the Xbox and Steam platforms.
Previously, a big update added a new classic mode, more difficulty options, unique rewards. Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues with the game. Today’s Godfall version 1.09 will fix a few of these issues.
Godfall 1.09 Patch Notes – April 7, 2022
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
One of our main quality of life goals with the Godfall: Ultimate Edition was to truly make Godfall the tinkerer’s dream. What better way to promote that goal than with the long-awaited addition of loadouts?
- Create up to three distinct loadouts for each Valorplate, each with its own configurations of Gear, Augments, Shards, Skills, and Cosmetics. Design the perfect builds for every situation!
- As part of this work, Skills have been changed from a global setting across all Valorplates to being Valorplate-specific. Skills can now be accessed and configured via the Valorplate section in the Player Menu
- Copy individual loadout elements across Valorplates in Sanctum
We took an important step forward in the Lightbringer Update with the addition of Mass Salvage, enabling players to quickly convert unwanted items into useful materials and currency. With the introduction of sorting and filtering, we wanted to make the process of finding the right items for the perfect builds easier than ever before.
- Sort your inventory by Newest, Favorite, Rarity, Level, or Name, as well as a handful of slot-specific properties (e.g. DPS for Weapons and Health Recovery for Life Stones)
- Filter your inventory by Rarity, Mutations (Cursed/Primal/Awakened), Traits (e.g. Critical Hit or Ailments), and a number of slot-specific properties (e.g. Weapon Type for Weapons)
Please note that when mass salvaging while your inventory is filtered, only items that appear in the current filter will be salvaged.
PLAYER REVIVE SYSTEM
Players will now enter a downed state upon reaching 0% health. rather than immediately dying, respawning, and automatically consuming one of the limited lives in endgame content. Downed players can be revived by other players in multiplayer, bringing them back to life where they stand at partial health.
- Downed players will slowly bleed out, and will die after X seconds if not revived
- Revived players are brought to their feet at 50% health
- Reviving a teammate will consume life stone charges in more challenging content
- Revived players will not count against the game mode life counter
- Weapon Techniques for all weapons can now be used to initiate brand new Timing Attacks after reaching level 5 in the Weapon Technique Skill node
- Improved the damage output of Timing Attacks to make them more rewarding to execute
- The heavy Timing Attack for Dual Blades has been replaced and can now be completed more quickly
- The hitbox for the Warhammer Heavy Timing Attack has been improved, and enemies are now hit by multiple parts of the attack both in front of and behind the player
- The hitbox for the Warhammer Northern Technique has also been improved so that enemies are also hit during the windup animation
- Added Weapon Technique Timing Attacks for Dual Blades, Polearms, Greatswords, and Warhammers
- Added a visual cue for when the Spectral Takedown ability is available
- Level 5 in the Ailments Skill node now causes Spinning Blast and Shield Bash to consume Ailments
- Players can no longer be knocked down by regular enemy attacks; attacks that will knock the player down now have a clear visual indicator and can be blocked, parried, or dodged
- Level 2 in the Finesse Skill node will now unlock Quick Recovery, a new ability that enables the player pop back up from a knockdown state more quickly to escape further damage
GENERAL COMBAT CHANGES
- Enemies are now disabled for longer after parrying Perilous Attacks, making it more rewarding to do so
- Players no longer lose Archon Fury charge during enemy grab attacks
- Added a visual flourish when switching between weapons
- Improved readability of AOE zones, enabling players to better differentiate between friendly and hostile ground effects
- Improved combat haptics on supported gamepads
GENERAL QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Some of the more punishing banes in Ascended Tower of Trials have been updated to enable more reasonable counterplay from the player:
- The “Life Stone Disabled” bane now reduces Health Recovery by 50%
- The “Banner Disabled” bane now reduces Banner duration by 50%
- The “Archon Fury Disabled” bane now reduces Archon Fury Charge Speed by 50%
- Improved the Gameplay section of the Codex to add more tips for game modes and mechanics
- Doubled reward rate for Mirrors of Duplication, enabling players to clone more items from Quest rewards
- The Player Level experience bar in the personal menu is now replaced by an Ascension Level experience bar after reaching Player Level 50
- Enhanced the Detailed Stats screen to include stats for Ailments, additional damage, and Overhealth
- Added Sanctum VO at the beginning of the Tower of Trials as well as the end, indicating that the Tower has been completed
- The “Banner of Flame” banner cosmetic has been renamed to “Crown of Fire”
To ensure a balanced combat experience and to reduce the need for certain “must have” items, we have made the following balance changes:
- Ailments deal 20% less damage
- Overhealth Retention traits have been reduced by approximately 25% – 50%
- Lion Talisman (Legendary Charm) effectiveness has been reduced by approximately 50%
Updates with a sword ⚔️ are based on player feedback collected from our various communities and through support tickets.
COMBAT RELATED ITEMS
- Solved an issue where abilities that required targeting would not work at times during story missions.
- Solved an issue where activating Spectral Blow would be inconsistent when the target was within melee range.
- Solved an issue where breaching an enemy through a Weakpoint would not allow the player to perform a Takedown on that enemy until it finished its recovery animation. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where Petrying Slam would not petrify an enemy if that same damage instance was used to breach the enemy. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where the Polarity attack buff would persist after switching off the polarized weapon.
- Solved an issue where Siphon and Sunder Slam skills could be missing gamepad vibration with the “Controller Vibration” option enabled.
- Solved an issue where the Greatsword’s Northern Technique could have missing gamepad rumble while spinning.
- Solved an issue where the last hit of the Longsword’s Light and Heavy combos had a delayed gamepad rumble.
- Solved an issue where the Warhammer’s running Light Attack and Charged Heavy Attack could be missing gamepad vibration with the “Controller Vibration” option enabled.
- Solved various issues where certain Shield attacks could be missing gamepad vibration with the “Controller Vibration” option enabled.
ENEMY/AI RELATED ITEMS
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Fire Howlers could still move & attack from a knockdown state if put there by an Arcing Shield Throw. ⚔️
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Grieves Sunsteel could appear desynced when using charging attacks. ⚔️
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Kragani’s bracers health bar could regenerate when a player was downed in combat.
- Solved an issue where Nyak Summoner’s red unblockable attacks could be blocked by parrying.
- Solved an issue where Solari’s Beam Massacre attack would be missing its Blue Weakpoint.
- Solved an issue where Wraith-Lord Decimus could appear instantaneously without any VFX in the “Alluvial Plains” story mission.
- Solved an issue where Crystal Crawlers would ignore players and fail to aggro.
- Solved an issue where Lunara’s backwards dash attack would fail to hit the player.
EQUIPMENT RELATED ITEMS
- Solved an issue where Breach Duration bonuses were three times greater than the indicated percentage.
- Solved an issue where canceling the Banner deployment (by getting stunned or knocked down) when using Karmic Soul (Augment) would still grant a Life Stone and allow the player to deploy the Banner again. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where changing the currently equipped banner after its been deployed could grant a full banner charge. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where Epic Warhammer chests would not spawn in Epic or Legendary rooms in any version of Tower of Trials.
- Solved an issue where no loot may drop from defeating Mid Bosses and Bosses on Dreamstones above level 46. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where Absorption (Augment) would not receive any benefits from rolling as a Primal item.
- Solved an issue where Blood Fox Talisman (Charm) would not summon a sentinel once its conditions were met. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where ‘Health gained per kills’ secondary traits would restore health for a different amount than listed. ⚔️
GAME MODE RELATED ITEMS
- Solved an issue where Shield Throws would not count towards objective tracking (such as Merits or Bonus Objectives) if the enemy hit was a certain distance away. ⚔️
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Dreamer objectives remained locked after completing a Dreamstone. ⚔️
- Solved a multiplayer issue where respawns were inconsistent, sometimes spawning players at the start of their mission. ⚔️
- Solved an issue in Lightbringer where selecting a second curse could cause a crash. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where defeating all enemies in the Floating Remnant story mission before completing the “Activate Twilight Beacon” objective would cause a progression break.
- Solved an issue where players may fall out of bounds when using Phase Nodes in “The Monolith Depths” map.
- Solved various issues where players could not increment or complete Quest objectives while in a multiplayer party.
- Solved an issue where enemies could spawn out of bounds in the Tormentor’s Asylum story mission.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Air Realm missions could spawn a really dense fog, impairing navigation. ⚔️
- Solved a multiplayer issue where if the host of a Lightbringer session left after engaging the Boss at the end of a Heart of Darkness event, enemies would no longer drop the remaining light crystals needed for other players to finish the mission. ⚔️
- Solved a multiplayer issue where one or multiple players would not be sent back to the Sanctum after completing a Lightbringer run.
- Solved an issue with the Tour of Sanctum quest where it could not be completed if a player joins a multiplayer session during the “Open the Quest Menu” objective.
- Solved an issue where the “Defeat Decimus” objective would not update and cause a progression break.*
- “Solved an issue where the “Defeat Macros” objective would not update and cause a progression break.*
*Special Note: While we’ve fixed a major source of the issues behind “Defeat Decimus” and “Defeat Macros” bugs, we have reason to believe separate, unique use-cases can lead to similar issues. We are monitoring and appreciative of community feedback related to this.
MENU/HUD/UI RELATED ITEMS
- Solved an issue where Archon Fury Spirit Warriors could display a Weakpoint on themselves after attacking an enemy.
- Solved an issue where using Weapon Techniques with a Polearm could cause the player’s camera to slightly rotate.
- Solved an issue where Lightbringer’s intro subtitles may be stuck on the screen if the player skipped the cinematic.
- Solved an issue where “+Damage” secondary traits would not show a change in Damage in the Item Comparison UI. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where loot VFX would be missing if the player was downed when it spawned.
- Solved an issue where double tapping a ‘Press and Hold’ prompt would cause it to remain visible and usable from a long distance. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where mission completion item rewards would sometimes appear with an unknown number attached to it in the Loot Feed.
- Solved an issue where rapidly swapping between item pages using a gamepad controller could cause a crash. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where the Augment Tutorial would not trigger until Level 20+ despite the first Augment slot unlocking at Level 10.
- Solved an issue where the display text for the Siphon Skill incorrectly stated that enemy copies only lasted 10 seconds, when the correct duration is 30 seconds.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where activating Archon Fury would display a screen effect and screen shake to all players, regardless of distance from the activating player.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Flash stun abilities (such as Parry) displays a screen blur to all players, regardless of distance from the effects origin.
- Solved an issue where abandoning a mission to return to the Sanctum caused the select prompt to remain stuck the first time it is pressed in any menu when using a gamepad.
- Solved an issue where Cosmetic rewards would not be granted to Challenger edition players who upgraded until their next game restart. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where disconnecting a gamepad would cause the game to unpause.
- Solved an issue where Friend Invite Codes could contain similar looking characters (such as 0 & O, 1 & I, etc). Numbers will no longer appear in these codes, and all letters will be capitalized. ⚔️
- Solved an issue where pressing the Interact button while loading during the Logo or Title screens while attempting to connect could cause a crash.
- Solved an issue where Takedowns were missing their haptic feedback.
- Solved various collision issues with the environment where players could get stuck.
- Solved various issues where once per game launch, the game could suffer from stuttering or hangs.
- Solved various issues where using the level booster could lead to a loss of functionality. ⚔️
- Solved various issues with LOD objects, lighting, and other incorrect rendering issues.
- Solved various localization and text issues. ⚔️
- PC – Solved an issue where pressing the ‘Esc’ key while in the Mass Salvage menu could close all menus completely.
- PC – Solved an issue where equipping new augments could disable the ability to navigate through augment pages using Mouse & Keyboard.
- PC – Solved an issue where moving the mouse around the Holomap could cause the mission icons and location names to move around.
- PS4 – Solved an issue where subtitle text remained on screen if a player watched the “A Treacherous Path” mission intro cinematic to its entirety.
- PS4 – Solved an issue where subtitle text remained on screen if a player watched the “The Final Ascent” mission intro cinematic to its entirety.
- PS4 – Solved an issue where subtitle text remained on screen if a player watched the “The Flameblood” mission intro cinematic to its entirety.
- PS4 – Solved an issue where the Interaction Orb to open the Curse Selection Menu in Lightbringer could be missing its light VFX upon closing a Dark Tear.
- PS5 – Solved a multiplayer issue where player names could be missing from the social menu and the Holomap.
Download free Godfall update 1.09 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.