Ghost Recon Wildlands update 1.29 is now available for players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. According to the official Ghost Recon Wildlands update 1.29 patch notes, the latest update introduces a brand-new mode – Mercenaries. The Mercenaries game mode is an eight-player free-for-all PvPvE gameplay experience. Your objective is to call for rescue, locate and reach the extraction point, and be the first to board the chopper. In addition, Ghost Recon Wildlands update 1.29 also includes various under the hood improvements.
Recently, the Operation Oracle update was released with the two brand-new missions. Completing Operation Oracle will unlock two unique rewards Executioner CQC Finisher and Walker Tattoo. Unfortunately, since this update, many players are experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Wildlands update 1.29 is expected to fix these issues.
Table of Contents
Ghost Recon Wildlands Update 1.29 Patch Notes
New mode – Mercenaries
PHASE 1: RECON
At the beginning of the match, your extraction point is unknown and you will have no weapons, gear, or items. You will need to locate and activate radio transmitters to shrink the possible extract zone on your map.
In order to locate the transmitters, you will need to find an intel marker. After interacting with the intel, you will have three choices to gain an advantage through the position of a transmitter and a randomly determined selection of the following:
• The position of other players for a limited amount of time
• The position of rare items like gear and weapons
• The position of a vehicle
After you use intel or a transmitter, you will not be able to use it again. Your opponents will be able to use it, if they haven’t already. During this phase, you will need to compete with other players and face Unidad soldiers to locate transmitters. You’ll also need to find gear and weapons to give yourself a competitive edge.
Once you activate three transmitters, you’ll reveal the exact position of the extraction point and gain one out of the five segments needed to fill your extraction gauge and board the helicopter.
PHASE 2: HELICOPTER DEPLOYMENT
When you’ve activated three transmitters, the helicopter will start flying to the extraction point. When the helicopter lands, the location will be revealed to all players. Those who haven’t activated three transmitters can still continue to gather intel.
Depending on your strategy, you can use intel to get better gear, reveal enemy player locations, or gather three transmitters yourself to begin filling your extraction gauge before reaching the helicopter.
PHASE 3: EXTRACTION
Once you’ve reached the extraction point, you will need to fill a gauge to board the helicopter. The gauge can be filled by staying in a set area around the helicopter.
This gauge will have checkpoints, and if you are forced to leave the area or want to set a trap for the other mercenaries, the gauge will remain filled to the last checkpoint you reached. The helicopter will not extract you if there are other players in the area, so you’ll have to use your best tactics to keep the other mercenaries out when your gauge is full.
LOOT YOUR GEAR
When you spawn in the match, you will be equipped with nothing but your melee weapon. It will be on you to find the best gear, weapons, and consumables to fight enemy players and the Unidad forces.
Located around the map and on the bases, there will be caches where you are be able to find everything from sniper rifles and flashbangs to armored vests and healing syringes. If you die, you will lose all of the loot you gathered and start at square one when you respawn.
This is Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, so good tactics will always be rewarded. Utilizing the transmitter system, exploring the map, and infiltrating Unidad bases for loot will give you plenty of opportunities to get back in the game even if you die.
ARMOR AND HEALTH
Mercenaries will have a new health and armor system. Based on the gear you pick up, an armor bar will appear. This bar will absorb a percentage of damage based on the penetration capability of your opponent’s weapon. If you are hit by a weapon that deals penetration damage, you’ll start to bleed. When bleeding begins, you’ll start to gradually lose a percentage of your health.
If you are injured, you can loot three different types of healing items to get back into fighting shape:
• Medikit restores all health and will stop bleeding
• Bandage stops bleeding but will not restore health
• Syringe restores health but will not stop bleeding
In Mercenaries, destructible doors can be opened with a CQC. Behind these doors, you’ll have the chance to find loot to help you take on other players and Unidad.
You’ll have to think tactically about when to do it as your opponents will be able to hear you breaking the doors if they are close by.
It’s up to you to weigh the risks against the rewards in every scenario of Mercenaries.
LONE WOLF COSTUME
After completing your first game, you will be granted the Lone Wolf costume as a reward to thank all players who try out this mode.
You will also obtain rewards based on your number of wins:
• 1st Win: Mercenary Patch
• 3rd Win: Mercenary Pants
• 5th Win: Mercenary Heavy Vest
• 10th Win: Jacket Army Mercenary
• 15th Win: Mercenary Heavy Vest with Shoulder Pads
• 25th Win: Mercenary Backpack
Bug Fixes in Wildlands 1.29
- Sapper mines will now blink while activating, similar to the Trapper.
- Fixed exploits in the Dust Town, Lithium Mine, Zinc Mine, and Institute maps.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla Mode where players would be rewarded with more Prestige Credits than intended.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla Mode where a player would respawn in their “dead” animation when the revive is interrupted by the respawn mechanic.
- Fixed an issue where the player would not receive Carzita’s briefing video when entering Agua Verde.
- Fixed an issue where Nomad would walk instead of crouching or crawling after picking up a dropped weapon.
- Fixed a visual issue in the Itacua province.
- Added fixes for crashing issues with Ghost Recon Wildlands 1.29.
- Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
- Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
- Wildlands update 1.29 for PS4 added performance and stability improvements.
- Gameplay improvements added with Wildlands.
- Other minor under the hood improvements with Ghost Recon Wildlands version 1.29.
Ghost Recon Wildlands update 1.29 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.