Generation Zero update 1.22 released on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Generation Zero version 1.22 patch notes, the latest update brings various tweaks, changes, and fixes. Apart from this, Generation Zero patch 1.22 also includes performance improvements.
Previously, a big update second expansion – FNIX Rising and a big list of quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, since the last update, some players are still experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Generation Zero patch 1.22 is expected to fix these issues.
Check out more details below.
What is new in Generation Zero update 1.22?
ADDITIONS & IMPROVEMENTS
Here are some things that we wanted to give a little extra attention to, and that we believe makes your experience just a little bit better!
- [Community Feedback] Added option to turn off heart beat sound when sprinting
- Several locations added or revamped in the NW part of the Farmlands Region, with custom narratives and a few surprises!
- We added directional signs in all major bunkers to help you avoid getting lost!
- Weapon damage against environment objects has been tweaked to better match damage to machines
- Inventory weapon stats tweaked in the Inventory UI to better align to gameplay feel – weapons have not been rebalanced, we’ve just updated the stats that you see
- Melee weapons now have a charge indicator
- Inventory items now sort by quality level
- The name of a Collectible is now displayed in the HUD when picking it up
Rival name plates are now displayed for dead Rivals when aiming at them
Animation, Art, & Audio
- Fixed an issue where weapons would still appear while players were performing emotes
- Fixed an issue where no animations were playing for other players when you were using the Crafting Station
- Fixed an issue where the melee attack animation would be looping after you were ragdolled by an exploding car
- Fixed an issue where no animation played when going from prone to running if you were holding a piece of equipment
- Fixed an issue where the out of breath sounds persisted after being downed from falling damage
- Fixed an issue where destroyed Ticks could sometimes still be heard as if they were alive
- Fixed an issue where players would rubberband on screen when trying to sprint and melee attack at the same time while being out of stamina
Fixed several LOD and object flickering issues
- Fixed some instances of players crashing when joining a Friend’s multiplayer session
General improvements to stability
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where Military class Tanks had an Apocalypse class mortar cannon underneath it’s regular mortar
- Changed the spawn location for the Reaper in some instances so as to not put it in areas where it was prone to getting stuck
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Ticks would not play their death animations
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the light effects from Ticks would remain in place after the Tick was destroyed/despawned
- Fixed an issue where destroyed Ticks could sometimes still be struck with the Experimental Sledgehammer and give it charge
Fixed an issue where Tanks sight was unaffected by having its optic components destroyed
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the Rival Vision Module was not dropping during the main mission “Good Night”
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where a fence was blocking access to the lighthouse in the side mission “A Light in the Dark”
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where machine waves weren’t spawning in the Main Mission “Tidal Wave”
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the objective marker to kill machines was staying on some machines after they were destroyed in the main mission “For the Sick and Injured”
Fixed an issue where the first objective marker for the main mission “Piece by Piece” was not showing on the map or the compass from far away
Fixed an issue where the objective marker for the main mission “Tidal Wave” was still showing on the map after the mission had been completed
Fixed an issue where the objective marker for the main mission “Good Night” was still showing on the map after the truck had been destroyed
Fixed an issue with the interaction point on Fredrik at the Ringfort
Fixed an issue where some players were unable to finish the side mission “Never Trust Anyone” due to a missing schematic
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the Reaper’s components wouldn’t show up in your tech view after having picked up the blueprint
[Community Report] Fixed an issue where the magazine icons for the HP5 and Kpist were switched
Fixed an issue where a French text string would play if you exceeded your crafting storage capacity while recycling items regardless of your set language
Fixed an issue where areas on Himfjäll were incorrectly labeled as “Homesteads” instead of “Settlements”
Fixed an issue where tracked beacons that were destroyed could not be untracked
Fixed an issue where the location of the mission was missing from the mission description for all FNIX Rising missions
Fixed an issue where the red light cooldown effect for the Experimental Sledgehammer was still showing in-world after triggering an emote or riding a bike
- The bridge at Boo has returned!
- Fixed an issue where a large boulder made it somewhat difficult to spawn a bike at the bike station for the side mission “In The Face Of Adversity”
- Fixed an issue where the side mission icon was used for the Bergaskeppet nature site
- Fixed an issue where cars and tractors that were on fire did not deal fire damage
- Fixed an issue where some villas’ light switches didn’t work
- Fixed a few instances of players getting stuck on objects
- Fixed several issues of terrain and objects clipping through other objects
- Fixed several issues of floating objects
- Fixed several visual holes in the world
- Fixed several instances of excess, or missing, collisionGeneral
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where player hitboxes while prone and crouched were acting as if the player was standing
[Community Report] Improved how Collectibles are recorded so that players who pick up Collectibles in someone else’s game will have that recorded in their game, rather than it previously being recorded for the game host, not the player picking up the item; this fixes issues retroactively as well
[Community Report] Fixed an issue where pop-ups for online services for consoles were incorrectly being displayed when players were playing solo
[Community Report] Fixed an issue where sometimes when switching between characters after using the Crafting Station, custom apparel choices would carry over from one character to the other
Fixed an issue where Seekers were dropping Vision Modules at a 100% drop rate if destroyed by a melee weapon
- Fixed an issue where the Reaper Rival could be looted more than once
- Fixed an issue where the Xbox controller was vibrating louder and faster than intended when hip-firing
- Fixed an issue where a player would have infinite stamina after being revived with an Adrenaline Shot
- Changed the requirements for Tier 4 of the Eagle Eye Challenge to be 375 meters, down from 400
- Clarified which doors can be lockpicked vs. doors that need a key
- Fixed an issue where a destroyed container door on the ground could be interacted with (and would open!).
- Fixed an issue where some fires were not causing fire damage.
- Fixed a few instances of weather appearing indoors.
- Fixed a few instances of players getting stuck on objects.
- Fixed several issues of terrain and objects clipping through other objects.
- Fixed several issues of floating objects.
- Fixed several visual holes in the world.
- Fixed several instances of excess, or missing, collision.
Download free Generation Zero update 1.22 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.