Gang Beasts update 1.05 is now available for download on PlayStation 4 and PC. According to the official Gang Beasts 1.05 patch notes, the new Train update comes with a new train stage(an industrial freight train transporting shipping containers on a precarious cliffside track), a series of miscellaneous costume sets (beef mascot, fire fighter, frogman, pirate, and rail worker), and much more. In addition, the new Gang Beasts version 1.05 also includes a big list of bug fixes and improvements. Check out full details below.
The game developers also standardise, optimise, and modularise the game structure to support making new content and systems for a series of planned game modes, specifically we have made a full review of the processes and systems for prototyping and testing new costume parts and stage geometry for the game, the work on standardising content and systems was necessary to configure the game for the playset and story game modes, to support more frequent content releases and bug fix patches, and to support other platforms and markets without negatively impacting work on other game modes and game content.
Gang Beasts update 1.05 Patch Notes
- Gang Beasts 1.05 added multiple costume sets (beef mascot, fire fighter, frogman, pirate, and rail worker)
- added train stage
- fixed a camera stability issue when characters climb specific wall sections on the incinerator stage
- Gang Beasts version 1.05 fixed an issue making some ambient game SFX audible with the pause menu invoked
- fixed an issue making the velocity of the subway train dissimilar in online game modes to local game modes (on the subway stage)
- Gang Beasts update 1.05 fixed an issue making the velocity of the turbine column dissimilar in online game modes to local game modes (on the vents stage)
- fixed an issue that exposed the restart instruction in the pause menu for some game modes in error
- fixed an issue that made jumping from a climbing posture fail to register in some contexts
- Gang Beasts version 1.05 fixed an issue that made the velocity of vertical wall jumps excessive in some contexts
- fixed an issue when exiting from the local game menu in some contexts
- fixed an issue with ambient occlusion on Nvidia GPUs
- Gang Beasts 1.05 fixed an issue with character colour selection in local game modes
- fixed an issue with the blur filter when invoking the pause menu from the score screen
- fixed an issue with the costume parts tinting in error on the character customisation screen
- Gang Beasts patch 1.05 fixed an issue with the implementation of the bridge structure collapse on the vents stage
- fixed an issue with the syncing of light fixtures on the subway stage
- modified climbing scheme to limit scope for wall exploits
- modified collision detection performance
- modified concussion timings
- Gang Beasts update 1.05 modified game camera to track ball movement in the football game mode
- modified input references to support mouse input (press the left mouse button with the mouse cursor over a specific input reference to invoke the associated instruction)
- modified menu implementation to apply image effect settings on the attract mode screen
- Gang Beasts version 1.05 modified menu implementation to explicitly lock input and disable UI SFX on loading and interstitial screens
- modified online networking scheme to prevent exploits in online game modes
- modified targeting hierarchies to target susceptible body parts when punching, kicking, butting, and grabbing
- Gang Beasts 1.05 modified the costume saving implementation
- modified triggers for contextual and random character emotes
- optimised and stabilised miscellaneous costume parts and stage geometry.
Gang Beasts update 1.05 is now available for download on PS4 and PC.